FGM

www.fgm.com

FGM Reviews

Updated Mar 11, 2014
FGM – Reston – “FGM's new office in Reston (Photo thanks to…”

Not yet rated.

Peter LaMontagne

Corporate Executive Chef over all F&B Operations... FL and P. RIco.

Executive Chef (Current Employee) San Juan, PR

ProsGreat work culture and Work/Life balance. Covered all my traveling expenses. Very in touch with thoer employee needs.

ConsHandled Puerto Rico mostly and crime rate was extremely increases.. no longer felt safe in my territory. Unable to transfer to another territory or account without significant loss.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Great company that cares

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Reston, VA

Prosgreat benefits, good people to work with, open door policy to senior management makes FGM a great place to work. very flexible with a nice work/life balance, and you can really make a difference because there are not the ridiculous endless chains of command to go through for every idea you present.

Conssmaller company so resources are strained sometimes, have to do more with a little less, but also less overhead waste because of it.

Advice to Senior Managementmore promotion of employee training programs and such would be nice - I understand that it is difficult to take people off direct bill time but it pays dividends in the end.

Great people, tough business

Architect (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsFGM has good people, including some leaders in their fields. They pursue interesting technology. Like all government contractors, they have pressure to stay billable, so have little time or budget to train and develop their people. Managment is a bit weak, and the overall company follows a pattern where whoever brings in business manages it as a bit of a silo.

ConsThe quality of the employee's technical skills varies a bit, so you may work with some less-strong people, and they may get dumped on your project if times get hard. Reviews are generally medium, so everyone moves along about the same pace.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Shady work environment, no clear chain of command

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsHuman resources is very nice and was very understanding and patient while I worked out a family issue before starting to work there, convenient location of Reston.

ConsNo clear chain of command, was often bored with no work to do, little or no foresight for long-term growth, workers were not professional

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to have some foresight in general. Growth of a company can not merely depend on what the next few months are going to look like financially. Growth also depends on the people who work for you and the investment you make into your long-term goals.

DoD contracting company...only care about filling seats for contracts...no care for employees...

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

Prosbenefits were great! 401k and stocks were the best I've received.

Consi imagine fairly standard for smaller dod contracting companies...stuck in a lab working...company really doesn't know what you do...and hardly care...as long as you are filling a seat for the contract and they are getting paid...

Advice to Senior Managementcare about your employees and what they are stuck doing in the labs!! care about their career advancements!

Small company full of bright people

ProsThis is a great place to work. Small company full of bright people. Project teams are small, which allow for a broader set of responsibilities and skill-set growth.

ConsThe health and dental benefits are not that great compared to those of my peers at other companies. Training opportunities are limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake pay raises more performance based. Offering more training opportunities would be a great benefit. The current online courseware is not very useful. A personal training budget that can cover conference fees, books, etc. would be nice.

Great family like company with flexible schedule

Systems/Integration Engineer (Current Employee) Reston, VA

Prosgenerous leave pool and competitive compensation.
    flexible work schedule.
    family like environment.

Consno knowledge sharing.
    less opportunities to try new idea or innovate

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter positioning of company for winning future contracts.

Worked for FGM? Contribute to the Community!