FICO Reviews

293 reviews filtered by
3.2
FICO CEO William Lansing
William Lansing

Pros
  • Good work life balance with lots of opportunities to work from home (in 22 reviews)

• Flexible working hours and no dress code (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Little or no work / life balance, expected to work more than contracted hours (in 11 reviews)

• Senior management has no vision or plan (in 10 reviews)

Very positive first 10 months

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at FICO full-time (less than a year)

Pros

FICO has far more going for it than credit scores. It is a leader in predictive analytics, and participates in a wide range of related markets. This means a lot of really interesting products and projects. FICO draws really smart and engaged people. It is a hard-working place, but very "grown-up" with strong respect for life outside of work.

Cons

FICO's offices are very dispersed geographically, with three in California alone. Project teams are frequently spread across the globe, which means lots of conference calls, and some demand for travel, although that might be seen as a plus. The wide range of activity across markets and products means that getting extended attention from senior executives can be challenging, although the flip-side of that can be lots of autonomy.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing us on the best opportunities!

opportunities for self learners

Current Employee - Engineer II
    Current Employee - Engineer II

I have been working at FICO full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fico offers a wide variety of different technologies to work with and learn from as Fico has its hands in a vast array of different fields.

Cons

There are no raises and the annual bonus pool is a bit of a joke. Training is all self guided and you will frequently be asked to work with things that you have no experience and be expected to figure things out as you go.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to offer compensation adjustments to reflect performance and cost of living increases. The annual review process needs to be revamped desperately.

A traditional company pivoting into a SaaS company.

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at FICO

Pros

At FICO it's common to work with big businesses. It's fun to know that your company is providing some of the behind-the-scenes capabilities to enable these household names.

While FICO is largely known for scores, their technology products are pretty diverse and there are a lot of interesting projects to get involved in. While a lot of my work can be somewhat repetitive there are new and interesting problems to solve all the time.

My immediate management is great, very involved and aware of issues--but also providing plenty of autonomy to do my job. My colleagues are also very capable and I very much enjoy working with them.

Cons

Salaries for technical positions are a bit underwhelming. Paired with the high deductibles and limited coverage from the benefit package this can really hurt a family. The final significant issue is there can be a lot of red tape to getting anything done and this can be stressful when customers are demanding answers and the 5 different departments involved aren't moving quickly.

Advice to Management

Evaluate whether salaries and benefits are truly competitive in your industries and consider reflecting the value of high performers to the company with competitive salary, not just annual bonuses.

Assistant Treasurer

Current Employee - Assistant Treasurer in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Assistant Treasurer in Roseville, MN

I have been working at FICO full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

financial strength and stability; challenging work; opportunity to grow in my position as the company grows and expands globally; strong upper management and vision; fair compensation; flexibility and trust

Cons

Our global reach and distribution of our employee base can create challenges. Sometimes it takes longer to get things done.

Advice to Management

Please continue on the path of focused growth. Foreign expansion and acquisitions should continue to be based on compelling financial opportunities.

14 Years and Still Going Strong!

Current Employee - Senior Education Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Education Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FICO full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Exceptionally intelligent colleagues working very hard on a regular basis, solving interesting and challenging business problems using data analytics.

Cons

Individuals must tightly manage their own work/life balance and take good care not to get caught up in a constant cycle of over-performance.

Advice to Management

Individuals with initiative, drive, creative ideas and technical adaptability are a good fit here.

Great work environment to work on interesting problems

Former Employee - Analytic Science Lead Scientist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Analytic Science Lead Scientist in San Diego, CA

I worked at FICO full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Transaction Analytics team in San Diego is a mature group with a lot of smart people. There was opportunity to work on several interesting projects. The work - life balance was good. Management generally gave people opportunities to work on different things to help you grow as a scientist. The group is continuing to evolve internal processes to adopt more Big Data technologies, although the current development stack is not there.

Cons

Compensation is only average. Limited growth opportunities unless you make a significant contribution (e.g. patent / brand new process).

Advice to Management

Give scientists more dedicated free time to train and advance their skills outside of the assigned projects.

8. Sr. Consultant

I have been working at FICO

Pros

I have been with FICO for awhile and have very much enjoyed my tenure here. What makes this a special company are the people, leadership and product offerings. You get the opportunity to work with really smart, excellent natured and fun people every day! I've been here long enough to go through a few CEO's and we have never had better strategic direction than right now. It's great to see how the company is growing and as a result our bonus's have been good. What FICO does is in demand everywhere! Credit scores, fraud detection, decision management etc. Every company needs what we have to offer and it's only going to grow from here. If you are a hard worker, FICO recognizes it!

Cons

FICO is a dynamic company with lots of change. I would presume in order to keep up with the market and competition. If you are someone who doesn't like that, it might not be the best place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep going in the direction you are, it's working!

Good company with lots of potential for growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FICO full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Career growth opportunities, work-life balance, company culture, location.

Cons

Raises/bonuses poor/nonexistent in the last few years, focused on stock price

Solution Engineer I

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Roseville, MN

I have been working at FICO full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good environment to learn new stuff.
    Career growth opportunity for new college graduate.
    Opportunity to work with advance technology.

Cons

I feel like they don't have backup for the old employee.

Once they leave the company, the whole team depending on that employee will be in the condition of Jeopardy.

Advice to Management

Focus on transition of work

Company Positioned Well and Ready for The Future!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at FICO full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fair Isaac is a great company. They take care of their employees through benefits, education and professionally managed Teams.

Cons

A bit more focus on Tools & Resources. Lear as you go, some people don't like it, but I consider it a great way to expand ones growth!