FICO

FICO Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

FICO CEO William Lansing

William Lansing

Pros
  • Good work life balance with lots of opportunities to work from home (in 21 reviews)

• Flexible working hours and no dress code (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Little or no work / life balance, expected to work more than contracted hours (in 8 reviews)

• Senior management is struggling with how to position for the future (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to be from....

Manager (Former Employee)

Proslots of great people that believed in the brand and did their best to apply it for the success of the company. Good hires of many very bright people. Very challenging technology (in a good way)

ConsStressful. Uncertain. Rudderless executive management. Weak benefits. poor communication
    Very budget cycle strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook back to Dr Greene, the last engaged leader with any kind of inegrity

Strong Analytic team, short term management vision

Program Manager (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsSome of the smartest and genuine people work at FICO.

ConsAs persons enter to director position or above, the politics and behaviors change to support Quarterly revenue objectives thus limiting the ability to provide true talent management and growth opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse the advice of your teams to mange careers, clients and innovation while truly moving from the quarterly to long term goals

Good Company, low pay

ProsGreat company with great products. Strong reputation and good life-work balance

ConsPay is low compared with others

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My Best 11 Years of Employment

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Rafael, CA

ProsWe provided valuable software to financial institutions. The technology was cutting edge. The entire campus enjoyed working with each other.

ConsThe only downside was when we hired a CEO from the outside and he gutted the company. Those were a couple of bad years for the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

great career growth opprtunities

Senior Manager (Current Employee) San Rafael, CA

Prossmart people, good potential, always learning, FICO is a market leader, brand name. Great place to catapult your career.

Conspublic company, so not alwasy long term investment

Advice to Senior Managementincrease long term investment: retain people/knowledge, invest in products quality, improve development and delivery processes. Potential with a bit more investment is significant.

An immensely diverse group of talented individuals with deep domain expertise

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTop notch people in many areas of the company.
    Deep patent and analytical horsepower.
    Well developed high quality Brand.

ConsProduct Solutions historically best suited only for large Financial Institutions.
    Innovation and risk taking encouraged but more internal investment needed to succeed in new product/market areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate new product variants that address new markets more rapidly and Increase non-traditional partnerships and sales channels to grow the business.

Look elsewhere if career advancement and learning, and feeling values as an employee are important

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Roseville, MN

ProsOpprotunity to work with some very talented and highly educated people
    Pay check

ConsNo opportunities for career development or growth.
    Management doesn't care about employees and treats them like legos that are easily replaced.
    Sub-par benefits.
    Old boys club.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk when you say employees are important.

Great opportunity with new technology...chance to have an impact, be rewarded

Consulting Manager (Current Employee) Roseville, MN

ProsFICO is a mid-sized software company($700 million) and there are great opportunities to own projects/have an impact at junior and senior levels. You don't feel like a cog in the wheel. Company rewards performance more and more every year. It's been a great place to grow by getting hands on new technology in big data, etc., and collaborate with some of the smartest technical people I've ever worked with. Been fun to watch the company grow and work for a "big player" in analytics software. Highly recommend the company to smart, motivated techies.

ConsDoesn't offer every big company benefit

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with current vision/business model and continue reaching out to employees for feedback as you have been

Good place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Emeryville, CA

ProsExciting consumer product at myfico.com and very relevant work to consumer credit scores related concepts.

ConsLocation for me was an issue since it added a long commute to the everyday routine.

Fantastic company under the new CEO

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCollaborative enviornment, clear communication from CEO and upper management about strategy, goals, and expectations. Great systems to keep managers in check, good managers are still there and you know where you stand with them. HR head is absolutely the best. Executive Team is really a team and it shows throughout the company at all levels.

ConsLower ranking jobs are barely within the state average. Salaries a little skewed but FICO does pay for performance. New location is in a so-so area.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue clear communication to all. In person is best as done through Town Halls Meetings. Consider providing stock options to lower ranking people (if they are not promoted) as an extra extra bonus of appreciation/notice of terrific work done.

Worked for FICO? Contribute to the Community!