FIJI Water Reviews

David Ricanati

1. Great place to intern

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Free FIJI Water to drink, great co-workers, lots of opportunity to get meaningful experience as an intern

Cons

Not too many negatives, not really much of a company culture that may be related to high turnover in some departments.

Advice to Management

They seem to be doing a lot of things right, but maybe some additional effort towards building a stronger company culture would help improve

2. Slimy

Former Employee - Sales in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

Discounts on overpriced water. That's it.

Cons

Worked there for a short period of time and came down with a major illness. Had to go on short term disability. Instead of showing concern they fired me. At the time, I was too sick to take them to court over it.

Advice to Management

Treat your people with dignity and respect. Stand by them when they have a health issue instead of just outright firing them.

Obscene amounts of minutiae & fire-drills...experienced professionals beware

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at FIJI Water full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Free FIJI water, great co-workers and a good remote support system from HQ. Good benefits and POS. Fun people in a social/non work environment

Cons

The company and its ownership do not value the great talent they have and make it very clear on a regular basis. Management motivates by fear of losing your job and has no consistency once goals, programs and budgets are set. Incredible amounts of MINUTIAE and an inefficient use of time by all the fire-drills and trackers. Salary is not commensurate with workload and responsibility. Lots of Egocentric behavior.

Advice to Management

Create a plan and stick to it, practice what you preach. Senior management makes their regional managers and sales people look incompetent with their distributors because of the constant change in direction on daily/weekly/monthly basis. Value your people.

A start to a career in the industry at a financially solid company...experienced professionals should not apply.

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at FIJI Water full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers and support staff, financially well backed and competitive products, great benefits. Company gives each employee $1000 per year for donation to the charity of their choice.

Cons

Obscene amounts of minutiae, last minute course changes and fire drills weekly, trial by fire management style. Upper management politics and egos are out of control, stifling smart business development and employee morale. Compensation is not commensurate with responsibilities or industry average. The company and its ownership do not value the great talent they have, and make that very clear on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

Consult with the staff on your team to create plans, then pick a course and stick to it. Stop squabbling among each other. Invest in tracking and budgeting technology that will eliminate the obscene amount of reporting. Value your good workers, there are better companies out there looking for good talent.

Fun and exciting company to work for.

I have been working at FIJI Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like selling a well-known, premium artisan water. The benefits are great. The employee discount does not just apply to Fiji Water, but to other Roll Global brands that I may not directly sell in my portfolio. For example, Teleflora is a Roll Global company and even though I work for Fiji Water I can still receive a discount through Teleflora, which is especially nice during the holidays. Also, the holiday care package sent out this season was so cute. There was an audio card, Fiji Water, oranges and pomegranates, and pistachios and almonds. It was a wonderful holiday gift. So many companys don't send such nice packages to their employees during the holiday season. Also, Roll Global gave me $1000 to spend on my choice of charity (as long as it is approved). I chose a dog rescue program near me that saves dogs from kill shelters and also focuses on rescuing dogs from dog fights, like pitbull fighting. I had to submit it for approval and it was approved. If you don't have a specific charity in mind the company has a website where you can search for causes and pick one. The bonus at the end of the year if you hit your numbers is great too. The numbers are attainable too. Also, the company promotes from within as much as possible. This is nice because I can see room to grow and can see my time with the company as a worthwhile investment in my career. The company also flew my team and I out to Justin Vineyards in CA for a few days. The goal was to tour the vineyard and return home with more knowledge about the winemaking process and values behind Justin wines. I hope to visit Landmark Vineyards soon. If you work with the company long enough they eventually send every employee to Fiji to see where the water is bottled and how Fiji Water gives back to the community in Fiji.

Cons

I'd like more training initially. My first couple months were trial by fire, so to speak. Also, I drive a lot for my job. I average about 2000 miles per month. I also work weekends occasionally to host wine tastings and such. They are only a few hours long so I don't mind, and I probably worked the weekend about 15 times out of the entire year. I also don't mind spending lots of time in the car. If I don't have any phone calls to make for work (blue tooth audio a must) then I can pop in an audio book.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have more training available to new hires. A weekend seminar, or even just a webinar or online video series would be great. I know there are lots of opportunities to continue learning while employeed with Fiji, but for new hires specifically I think more traning should be available.

Slimy politics

I have been working at FIJI Water full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Plenty of financial backing for brands and marketing. Very strong high image brands.

Cons

Disgraceful compensation, spineless leadership and no intelligent vision or direction from above. Priorities change daily as do the values. Someone needs to step up and take charge.

Advice to Management

Stop the DCstyle politics top to bottom. Do the right thing for the company even if it's not popular. Ask the hard questions that you never want the answers to. Why are we losing great people? Why is there so much internal conflict? Because the loudest voices are winning instead of the smartest.

A lot of responsibility for promises of higher pay and no delivery

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Team is filled of highly knowledgeable individuals who are willing to help and for the most part ate sincere

Cons

Company is run with politics first and taking care of the employees is not a first priority. Company is ran by guys who don't have to leave their kitchen to make 6 figures

Advice to Management

Change management and take immediate action when presented a problem. Don't wait till last minute.

9. it was a great experience

Pros

it was a great experience It was truly an amazing experience and I feel very fortunate that I could be a part of it. Thank you again for all your help in preparing for departure and for giving me the opportunity

Cons

it was a great experienceIt was truly an amazing experience and I feel very fortunate that I could be a part of it. Thank you again for all your help in preparing for departure and for giving me the opportunity to go

Advice to Management

it was a great experience thank you for the most amazing summer. I've gained more good friends, more good memories, and more good experience than I could have imagined a few months ago. Wouldn't change it for the world

District Sales Manager

Current Employee - District Sales Manager
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager

I have been working at FIJI Water full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company values, never bored, flexible work hours, opportunity to visit the bottling plant in Fiji and get to learn different aspect of the beverage, wine and snack business.

Cons

Disconnect b/w retail and on premise managers, many reports are requested which get in the way of selling, compensation seems to be lacking, T&E budgets are unrealistic and they do not offer a national sales meeting that allows employees to meet one another and exchange ideas.

Advice to Management

Bring company together for a national sales meeting. This will give employees an opportunity to build relationships with people that are trying to achieve the same things as well as experiencing similar challenges. A national meeting fosters good moral and the exchange of ideas.

District Manager

Former Employee - District Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - District Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at FIJI Water full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great training! Great People! Great Product! This is an awesome company to work for. They do take care of their employees.

Cons

Moving up is tough if you are unwilling to move. Most people love their job so getting promoted is tough if you don't want to move around.

Advice to Management

None. You did an awesome job!!! Loved my time with FIJI and learned SO MUCH!!! Nothing but great things to say about Parido and Houck.

RSS Feed </> Embed