FILD Reviews

4.3
Nancy Soni

1. Challenging yet very Rewarding

I have been working at FILD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You control how much you make...not many jobs that you can say that about! They have worked hard to put together an extensive training program so you learn about all the technologies, recruiting process, working with clients and candidates, etc. They have a great office culture with total start up environment: stocked kitchen, quarterly dinners, wine and cheese Fridays, potlucks, unlimited PTO and much more. Management works with you on individual basis and is there to help when needed.

Cons

I would recommend setting realistic time frames for how long it will take to ramp up and start making deals. It takes a few months to go through training and get a few jobs. Once you do, then it's off to the races and the possibilities are endless.

2. Growing startup

Current Employee - Recruiter

Pros

Work with really intelligent and driven people, awesome training, have you finger on the pulse of everything tech!

Cons

Small startup so lots of changes from one day to the next, management can come off pretty strong at times

3. Enjoyable work environment with people on a mission to create a better recruiting experience.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at FILD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- CEO is very committed and passionate about making a difference in the recruiting industry, by improving connections with candidates, and making the hiring process enjoyable for companies. - Training programs to make sure recruiters have the knowledge and tools needed to succeed, such as learning the uses of different technologies, understanding all levels of the tech industry, and professional development. - Startup culture, free snacks, flexible schedules, happy hour events, unlimited vacation days; get your work done and there's no one keeping a time clock. - Every employee in the company is always helpful to make sure we all succeed. - Different from other recruiting agencies in how company is structured to allow healthy competition that doesn't hurt or impede others - Great reputation and network with some of the top tech startups in the industry

Cons

- The unstructured startup environment leads to kinks and bumps in scaling the company, this can appear haphazard or confusing to employees not in management on processes. - This is a high pressure / high expectation environment which can appear daunting and stressful to employees on reaching high standards

Advice to Management

- Create realistic and attainable achievements for each recruiter - Celebrate small achievements as well as big ones

5. What you put in, is what you get out.

I have been working at FILD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely a different experience from working at (or with) any other recruiting company. Upper management have all been in the industry for over a decade. I trust in their knowledge and the approach that we take to providing a world-class service. We care about people above all else. “The secret of joy in work is contained in one word – excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it.”

Cons

As a growing company, training is a bit underdeveloped but I don't expect this to be the problem for long as there is a direct focus on creating/improving this. Same comments for the systems used.

Advice to Management

I can't really think of anything beyond what is already known. Continue to evaluate the effectiveness of training and gather feedback regularly. Continue to be on the cutting edge of all things tech/recruiting! :)

6. Excellent Team, Great Place to Work, Tremendous Growth Opportunity

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at FILD full-time

Pros

Excellent team to work with Knowledge of the tech recruiting industry is top notch Fantastic client base to work with Tremendous growth opportunity for employees High level training for sales people and recruiters Opportunity to work across multiple verticals and take various career paths Outside the box recruiting and sales techniques which is great Emphasis on culture of the organization, great perks, excellent work life balance Ability to have your input heard and put into action

Cons

Not a con, but if had tio pick something. Still in start up mode....so with growth, still working through some kinks here and there - should be a Pro, as the start up world is fun to be a part of!

Advice to Management

Keep driving growth

Small company with big potential!

I have been working at FILD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not a cutthroat work environment like some other recruiting firms, good work-life balance, tight knit team, thorough training for new employees, potential for upward growth, fun office culture and work environment, competitive compensation & commission, employees encourage each other

Cons

The first couple of months are tough until you get the hang of the workflow, still a new company working out the kinks (that's normal though)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, there's a lot of potential I see in this company!

Heavily micro-managed environment, false promises with unrealistic expectations and sub-par "training".

I worked at FILD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary and generous commission rate. Flexible vacation policy and nice company parties.

Cons

The majority of the managers have little to no management skills. They say that they want to develop and train employees but all they do is break you down with little to no positive feedback. As with other recruiting agencies performance is highly metric based which is opposite of what they say during the hiring process. They preach "quality over quantity" and that it is not about volume but in reality thats all that really matters to them. Communication was very poor here as well and there was a lot of talk behind peoples backs.

Advice to Management

Spend more time in developing an actual training program. Stop micromanaging your employees and help them become masters of their own desks. Don't try and give off the vibe that you are different from other recruiting agencies, because you ARE just like all the rest of the recruiting agencies. I would say the only difference is that you are not stuck cold calling all day. Don't tell the employees that you are not a high turnover environment every time you fire someone, in reality it sounds like you are trying to cover up the fact that it is a high turnover environment.

FILD Response

Sep 16, 2014 – CEO

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience. We're a work in progress and appreciate your feedback. Our intentions are in the right place, but we're also learning and growing as we go along. We've ... More

9. Best Recruiting Firm out there! Integrity, intelligence, and fun!

I have been working at FILD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership! True business development via networking and referrals. No cold calling. Great training and mentoring. Fun environment. Growing like crazy! One of the best comp structures to motivate recruiters. This place has grown so much since I started.

Cons

Can't really come up with anything. Having a blast!

Advice to Management

Don't let growth change the company culture. It's one of the reasons why people want to work here.

10. A strong focus on technology in recruiting.

I have been working at FILD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fild offers a flexible schedule, the best recruiting tools on the market, very high commission structure, fun culture, casual work environment.

Cons

With any recruiting gig that is commission based -- you make your own salary! So if you don't do work, you won't make much.

Quality over quantity

I have been working at FILD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone knows that recruiting agencies can get a bad rep...and FILD is a company that is trying to change that. With training on technology, industry trends, candidate sourcing, and client communication, they're making sure that each FILD recruiter does the right thing, all the time. This boutique firm is all about building lasting relationships with both candidates and clients - and it's really refreshing. The CEO is a big proponent of building a team of recruiters who really know how to not only identify talented candidates, but work together as a team to make sure that their experience is a positive one.

Cons

As a start-up, there are always kinks to work out, but the CEO listens to ideas and thoughts about how to improve things and it's a very team-oriented atmosphere, where everyone is vested in the company's success.

Advice to Management

Keep making good hiring choices and always strive to be better; never lose sight of your initial vision.

RSS Feed </> Embed