FILD Reviews

Updated October 8, 2014
Updated October 8, 2014
4.2

Nancy Soni

Small company with big potential!

Current Employee - Recruiter in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at FILD full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Not a cutthroat work environment like some other recruiting firms, good work-life balance, tight knit team, thorough training for new employees, potential for upward growth, fun office culture and work environment, competitive compensation & commission, employees encourage each other

Cons

The first couple of months are tough until you get the hang of the workflow, still a new company working out the kinks (that's normal though)

Keep doing what you're doing, there's a lot of potential I see in this company!

Challenging yet rewarding

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at FILD full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1) Career growth opportunity - you have the ability to run your own desk, help build the brand, and strengthen your recruiting skills. You can learn to be a better recruiter here.
    2) Colleagues are smart and self-driven people who are down to earth and overall just good people
    3) We don't hire shady recruiters - that's not who we are
    4) Flex schedule and pretty open policy on vacation days - You need you come in late one day? Cool. You need to leave early one day? Cool. You need to work from home one day? Cool. Just get your work done.
    5) Opportunity to make a lot of money
    6) We are a startup but we have broken into the market fairly quickly and growing fast
    7) We have a strong reputation in the tech community, both from the candidate and the client side

Cons

Everyone knows that recruiting is a high turnover industry. People think its easy and that anyone can do it but really, only a few make it. You'll have to understand that people will get hired, they will be given an opportunity, and some will succeed and some won't but that doesn't mean that they left because of a bad work environment or bad managers. Maybe they realized recruiting wasn't for them. Or they weren't passionate enough about recruiting to stick it through the tough times. Some just don't make the cut but at least they were given an opportunity to try. Tech recruiting can be an emotional roller coaster. That's what makes it hard. That's a con. But if you can deal with that, then you'll do well.

Can be high pressure at times but not all the time - but again, that's the nature of the business and it depends on if you thrive on that or you shy away from that.

We have a great vision and mission. We have a talented team of good people. Let's focus on growing and nurturing our people in positive ways.

Heavily micro-managed environment, false promises with unrealistic expectations and sub-par "training".

I worked at FILD full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Competitive salary and generous commission rate. Flexible vacation policy and nice company parties.

Cons

The majority of the managers have little to no management skills. They say that they want to develop and train employees but all they do is break you down with little to no positive feedback. As with other recruiting agencies performance is highly metric based which is opposite of what they say during the hiring process. They preach "quality over quantity" and that it is not about volume but in reality thats all that really matters to them. Communication was very poor here as well and there was a lot of talk behind peoples backs.

Spend more time in developing an actual training program. Stop micromanaging your employees and help them become masters of their own desks. Don't try and give off the vibe that you are different from other recruiting agencies, because you ARE just like all the rest of the recruiting agencies. I would say the only difference is that you are not stuck cold calling all day. Don't tell the employees that you are not a high turnover environment every time you fire someone, in reality it sounds like you are trying to cover up the fact that it is a high turnover environment.

FILD Response

Sep 16, 2014CEO

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience. We're a work in progress and appreciate your feedback. Our intentions are in the right place, but we're also learning and growing as we go along. We've ... More

Best Recruiting Firm out there! Integrity, intelligence, and fun!

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at FILD full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great leadership! True business development via networking and referrals. No cold calling. Great training and mentoring. Fun environment. Growing like crazy! One of the best comp structures to motivate recruiters. This place has grown so much since I started.

Cons

Can't really come up with anything. Having a blast!

Don't let growth change the company culture. It's one of the reasons why people want to work here.

A strong focus on technology in recruiting.

I have been working at FILD full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fild offers a flexible schedule, the best recruiting tools on the market, very high commission structure, fun culture, casual work environment.

Cons

With any recruiting gig that is commission based -- you make your own salary! So if you don't do work, you won't make much.

Quality over quantity

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

I have been working at FILD full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone knows that recruiting agencies can get a bad rep...and FILD is a company that is trying to change that. With training on technology, industry trends, candidate sourcing, and client communication, they're making sure that each FILD recruiter does the right thing, all the time.

This boutique firm is all about building lasting relationships with both candidates and clients - and it's really refreshing. The CEO is a big proponent of building a team of recruiters who really know how to not only identify talented candidates, but work together as a team to make sure that their experience is a positive one.

Cons

As a start-up, there are always kinks to work out, but the CEO listens to ideas and thoughts about how to improve things and it's a very team-oriented atmosphere, where everyone is vested in the company's success.

Keep making good hiring choices and always strive to be better; never lose sight of your initial vision.