FINEOS

Updated November 13, 2014
4.3

FINEOS Chairman and CEO Michael Kelly
Michael Kelly

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at FINEOS full-time

Pros

Treated well as an employee. The company hires great people, and people generally work well together. Great culture

Cons

Work-life balance is not always considered, though they try. No other cons really

Company is steadily growing and with that you can decide where you want to go.

I have been working at FINEOS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly helpful people, international company, market leader, mix of agile and waterfall. Very good starting salary with good pay bumps, matching pension input, full no excess laya healthcare, nice office. Training is good. Grads are given 3 weeks or more training, TDD training, agile training, business training, library and wealth of information in intranet in various forms. Very flexible hours, crunch time is 2-4 weeks a year and usually isn't that bad.

Cons

Some of the code and processes are 10-20 years old but this is a minority of new work and existing work.

Less time management and more what got done as a metric if one is needed as such a low level.

Enjoyable Software Development Environment.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at FINEOS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working in the development function we have a large number of exciting projects - scrum has been introduced and is a major influence now on how we work. Really enjoying the opportunity to work in Scrum teams and seeing new challenges. Outside of this the sports and social are active and arrange some great nights out.

Cons

The scrum environment has required a lot of learning initially for the teams and management but this has now improved and we have all had the opportunity to learn and put these things into practice.

Continue - the culture is strong and the software teams are developing some very interesting projects.

I worked at Fineos for more than 3 years.

Current Employee - Software Engineer (Technical Consultant) in Gdańsk (Poland)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer (Technical Consultant) in Gdańsk (Poland)

I have been working at FINEOS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

friendly atmosphere, great people to work with, more or less flexible working hours, benefits (fruit day, card for meals, private health care)

Cons

interesting projects, leadership in every piece of work you do, defined company processes (unfortunately not open to change)

Not satisfied

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at FINEOS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Scope for real change and modernisation. Some very talented people on the floor.

Cons

Very weak Test Management that don't communicate with team or have an interest in the work they are doing. Test phase is considered a necessary evil rather than value add activity. Test practices are very old and require significant updating. Major emphasis on manual regression.

Communicate. Show an interest in your team and work.

Fineos is an Excellent start for Software Development and Technical Consultancy in Insurance

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at FINEOS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Culture, Very Helpful People, Ambiance, Insurance Market Leader, 3 Weeks of Training,

Cons

Software Development is mostly platform-dependent and it doesn't require Strong Java skills.

Great teams & variety of work

I have been working at FINEOS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

good career opportunity, super people to work with every day, can get involved in lots of different things in fineos outside of day to day job, a sense of employee community which is nice

Cons

decisions can be a bit top management down

let go

Shaped my career and opened doors

Former Employee - Rather Not Say in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Rather Not Say in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at FINEOS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you want great experience - work for FINEOS. The professional services department provides unbelievable opportunities especially to people starting out in their career. People work for each other within FINEOS and this results in a team that give 110%. Other companies often attempt to emulate this and fail – however it’s one of the company’s core strengths. I have no regrets working for FINEOS at times I miss the people, culture, and opportunities.

Cons

Senior Management can often take employees for granted and one has to fight for every salary increase. The internal political landscape can be difficult at times and a lot of senior management know nothing but FINEOS - providing an outdated and internally focused view of the world.

Look after the people and reap the rewards!

Every day is different! I have had brilliant experience so far!!

I have been working at FINEOS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work is good - the teams are helpful and training upon joining was excellent. The product continues to evolve and we have new challenges in development which keeps things interesting

Cons

The project deadlines can make certain times in the year very busy but I do not see this as a bad thing. The balance is good here so I do not see this as a problem.

Continue with the plan!

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at FINEOS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It has been a great place to work. There are challenges in the role but there are always team members to help and offer advice. The workload is balanced with certain times when things get busy but I would see it as balanced. I have been given the chance to move my career forward and enjoy my work.

Cons

The busy times can be very busy, due to customer commitments but they are reasonable. Overall it would not be an issue.

Continue to allow people to grow, and keep the atmosphere in the company.