FINEOS Reviews

Updated September 14, 2014
4.2

FINEOS Chairman and CEO Michael Kelly
Michael Kelly

I worked at Fineos for more than 3 years.

Current Employee - Software Engineer (Technical Consultant)  in  Gdańsk (Poland)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer (Technical Consultant) in Gdańsk (Poland)

I have been working at FINEOS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

friendly atmosphere, great people to work with, more or less flexible working hours, benefits (fruit day, card for meals, private health care)

Cons

interesting projects, leadership in every piece of work you do, defined company processes (unfortunately not open to change)

Not satisfied

Current Employee - Test Engineer  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at FINEOS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Scope for real change and modernisation. Some very talented people on the floor.

Cons

Very weak Test Management that don't communicate with team or have an interest in the work they are doing. Test phase is considered a necessary evil rather than value add activity. Test practices are very old and require significant updating. Major emphasis on manual regression.

Communicate. Show an interest in your team and work.

Fineos is an Excellent start for Software Development and Technical Consultancy in Insurance

Current Employee - Technical Consultant  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at FINEOS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, Very Helpful People, Ambiance, Insurance Market Leader, 3 Weeks of Training,

Cons

Software Development is mostly platform-dependent and it doesn't require Strong Java skills.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great teams & variety of work

I have been working at FINEOS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

good career opportunity, super people to work with every day, can get involved in lots of different things in fineos outside of day to day job, a sense of employee community which is nice

Cons

decisions can be a bit top management down

let go

Shaped my career and opened doors

Former Employee - Rather Not Say  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Rather Not Say in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at FINEOS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you want great experience - work for FINEOS. The professional services department provides unbelievable opportunities especially to people starting out in their career. People work for each other within FINEOS and this results in a team that give 110%. Other companies often attempt to emulate this and fail – however it’s one of the company’s core strengths. I have no regrets working for FINEOS at times I miss the people, culture, and opportunities.

Cons

Senior Management can often take employees for granted and one has to fight for every salary increase. The internal political landscape can be difficult at times and a lot of senior management know nothing but FINEOS - providing an outdated and internally focused view of the world.

Look after the people and reap the rewards!

Every day is different! I have had brilliant experience so far!!

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at FINEOS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work is good - the teams are helpful and training upon joining was excellent. The product continues to evolve and we have new challenges in development which keeps things interesting

Cons

The project deadlines can make certain times in the year very busy but I do not see this as a bad thing. The balance is good here so I do not see this as a problem.

Continue with the plan!

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at FINEOS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It has been a great place to work. There are challenges in the role but there are always team members to help and offer advice. The workload is balanced with certain times when things get busy but I would see it as balanced. I have been given the chance to move my career forward and enjoy my work.

Cons

The busy times can be very busy, due to customer commitments but they are reasonable. Overall it would not be an issue.

Continue to allow people to grow, and keep the atmosphere in the company.

Overall happy in my role

Current Employee - Senior Developer  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at FINEOS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are a lot of different projects to work on. I enjoy the client driven projects - currently there are a number of high profile projects to work on. Enjoying the mentoring side of my role and can see the results.

Cons

Workloads can spike around delivery dates but this is generally reasonable. The team will work to deliver and it does not feel as pressurised as I have seen in previous roles.

Be aware of workload spikes and the pressure this can place on the team. The graduate program has been a valuable addition to the development team.

People are excellent, a great atmosphere and rewarding work

Current Employee - Developer  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Developer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at FINEOS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really enjoy the teams, work is enjoyable. It is great to be able to say I enjoy my work and the people I work with! The project work is good and I have had the chance to work with a number of projects.

Cons

So far I am happy and have enjoyed my role. I would like to discuss the next stage of my career and opportunities for further development.

Continue to provide opportunities and development for your people. I value my colleagues and enjoy my work at Fineos.

Challenging role but support has been given overall very happy.

Current Employee - Manual Tester  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Manual Tester in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at FINEOS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work has been challenging, I would consider myself to be busy but this is a good level of work. The team is helpful and works together to get through the busiest times. Training is available and has been relevant but also I have been able to use this in my role.

Cons

Overall very happy in role would like to see specific training courses but have asked internally about these.

Continue to provide you people with the chance to develop and grow in the company. I value the training and the internal career opportunities.

Worked for FINEOS? Contribute to the Community!