FIS Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
FIS CEO Gary Norcross
Gary Norcross

Pros
  • Pros: Excellent work life balance, Great People to work with (in 35 reviews)

• It's a good work environment the job is good (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Work- Life balance is often disregarded (in 15 reviews)

• Senior management will never be worried about the concerns of the employees (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Excellent company! Couldn't be happier !

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at FIS! Teamwork is a big part of the culture here. I work on my projects and can feel like I go approach anyone if I face challenges. Also, fellow engineers come to me for advice on project and issues they are working. I feel extremely blessed to work for a company that has so much confidence in theit employees. My management protects me from people outside my group from requesting too much from me and my team. They allow me to do my work and do not micromanage in the least bit.

As for pay, I'm paid well above market value for Little Rock, and slightly above the national average for a Network Engineer. I also received a raise after only three months with the company. I can use my corporate card for whatever desk reference or certification material I need. They also bring in training. I feel extremely appreciated and that my work matters.

The company is always having fun events for employees. Holiday parties, oktoberfest, tailgate events, food truck Monday, to name a few. The company is also highly charitable. They are always raising money for local and national charities.

I hope to be with FIS for a long time!

Cons

I cannot honestly think of anything negative.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the hard work!

2. Opportunity

Current Employee - Systems Administrator
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator

I have been working at FIS full-time

Pros

There is plenty of room to grow

Cons

They seem to always have growing pains

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

3. Strong Company Culture

I have been working at FIS

Pros

Great People, Lots of Events, Innovative, Flexible, Oppourtunity

Cons

Restructuring, Lay Offs, Bureaucracy, Under-Staffed

Advice to Management

Many departments are extremely understaffed. The layoffs created a lot of stress on departments across the board.

5. Great organization with a lot of opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Huge organization with so many jobs and locations that you always have opportunity for growth. Great co-workers and the organization gives back in their communities.

Cons

Like many large organizations it takes a while to get to know the organization and the many different business lines.

Advice to Management

Leadership has a clear vision, but just keep communicating and keeping the entire organization informed of your vision.

6. Interview

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northport, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northport, AL

I have been working at FIS

Pros

I just got hired on but the interview process was actually quite pleasant. You would almost forget it was an interview.

Cons

Starting salary is low but there is a lot of growth potential.

Advice to Management

none at the moment.

7. Love FIS!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everything. Advancement opportunity everywhere and management that enjoys seeing people succeed. Great location in Oklahoma City! Would highly recommend to anyone with an advanced degree seeking employment.

Cons

Fast paced environment, hours can sometimes be long, but this is countered by slow weeks where there is very little to do.

Advice to Management

Stop holding giant meetings for employees letting everyone know about how the company had its most profitable year ever, then slap everyone with sub-2% annual raises.

8. FIS SJU

Former Employee - Technical Represetntative in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Represetntative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at FIS (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful Co-workers, staff member help each other all the time.

Cons

To much work for the rates.

9. Great experience for a recent graduate

Former Employee - Senior Risk Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Risk Analyst

I worked at FIS

Pros

Lots to learn in the first 6 months. Great people. Great benefits.

Cons

Poor management, low salary. Stuck in the past without much innovation for their Certegy business. Declining revenue in the check writing line of business.

10. Poor communication, disorganized, poor training

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at FIS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is substantially better than someone with little work experience could find elsewhere, and it is a physically easy job to work in their call center. I did all inbound calls, which is a lot better than outbound.

Cons

This company is a cluster of disorganization and poor training. In addition to a poorly organized and difficult to navigate reference guide for calls, we literally had a chatroom open constantly while on the phones to find help from our teammates and team leads about things we were not trained in, while on calls. That is how poor the training was, and an example of what a cluster---- the place was. Often there would not be anyone in the chat or any supervisor/team lead available. Even if a caller wanted to escalate to a lead, sometimes there would be nobody on the clock and we would have to tell them no "supervisor" was available. You can imagine how that went over. We also did not have any time after calls to log the calls (sometimes logging the calls takes several minutes) so we had to log calls while dealing with a customer, who was often irate, and solving their problems all at the same time. We would get penalized for going onto "after call work", which was a way to pause the calls briefly to wrap up a call log. Team leads would sit around chatting and breaking company rules that others could get fired for (like using a cellphone on the call floor). Health insurance was expensive and awful, and no matter how you try to schedule your weekly mandatory overtime or how far in advance you try to schedule it cohesively we'd often get random scattered overtime (ie on a asaturday work 11 am - 1 pm, then come back in and work 4-5 pm)

Advice to Management

divide call types up among people more consistently so your employees are more prepared for odd calls and are better trained to provide higher quality customer service, and find a way to allow a little more time for call logging and all of the other forms and work that has to be done during a call. And for goodness' sakes, hold all of your employees to the same standards! Team leads should be held to especially higher standards!

11. Customer Service Associate

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at FIS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay. Easy going if you don't let the customers/members/people calling in get to you.

Cons

Work/Life balance is completely gone. 10 hours mandatory OT on top of the 40 hour full-time schedule is not ideal if you have a life outside of work (kids, school, etc.). If you don't schedule your own OT, they'll schedule it for you even on your days off!

Advice to Management

Understand that employees do have lives outside of work and don't treat employees with such little regard.

RSS Feed </> Embed