FIS Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
FIS CEO Gary Norcross
Gary Norcross

Pros
  • Pros: Excellent work life balance, Great People to work with (in 35 reviews)

• It's a good work environment the job is good (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Work- Life balance is often disregarded (in 15 reviews)

• Senior management will never be worried about the concerns of the employees (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Excellent company! Couldn't be happier !

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at FIS! Teamwork is a big part of the culture here. I work on my projects and can feel like I go approach anyone if I face challenges. Also, fellow engineers come to me for advice on project and issues they are working. I feel extremely blessed to work for a company that has so much confidence in theit employees. My management protects me from people outside my group from requesting too much from me and my team. They allow me to do my work and do not micromanage in the least bit.

As for pay, I'm paid well above market value for Little Rock, and slightly above the national average for a Network Engineer. I also received a raise after only three months with the company. I can use my corporate card for whatever desk reference or certification material I need. They also bring in training. I feel extremely appreciated and that my work matters.

The company is always having fun events for employees. Holiday parties, oktoberfest, tailgate events, food truck Monday, to name a few. The company is also highly charitable. They are always raising money for local and national charities.

I hope to be with FIS for a long time!

Cons

I cannot honestly think of anything negative.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the hard work!

2. Interview

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northport, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northport, AL

I have been working at FIS

Pros

I just got hired on but the interview process was actually quite pleasant. You would almost forget it was an interview.

Cons

Starting salary is low but there is a lot of growth potential.

Advice to Management

none at the moment.

3. Love FIS!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everything. Advancement opportunity everywhere and management that enjoys seeing people succeed. Great location in Oklahoma City! Would highly recommend to anyone with an advanced degree seeking employment.

Cons

Fast paced environment, hours can sometimes be long, but this is countered by slow weeks where there is very little to do.

Advice to Management

Stop holding giant meetings for employees letting everyone know about how the company had its most profitable year ever, then slap everyone with sub-2% annual raises.

5. Great organization with a lot of opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Huge organization with so many jobs and locations that you always have opportunity for growth. Great co-workers and the organization gives back in their communities.

Cons

Like many large organizations it takes a while to get to know the organization and the many different business lines.

Advice to Management

Leadership has a clear vision, but just keep communicating and keeping the entire organization informed of your vision.

6. Great experience for a recent graduate

Former Employee - Senior Risk Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Risk Analyst

I worked at FIS

Pros

Lots to learn in the first 6 months. Great people. Great benefits.

Cons

Poor management, low salary. Stuck in the past without much innovation for their Certegy business. Declining revenue in the check writing line of business.

7. FIS

Former Employee - Product Manager II
    Former Employee - Product Manager II

I worked at FIS (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast Paced and Interesting Products. Global Company. Leadership is good. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Limited career growth possible for employees in their 30s as most management have been in the same position for 10-20 years. Employees are on their own to find new position within the company. They provide self-service online training which is a joke. Lots of old employees in Milwaukee which have been with same company for 20+ years, very narrow vision. Company is too big, too many acquisitions which slow down competitiveness of products.

Advice to Management

Hire young people and give them a path to grow

8. Customer Service Associate

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at FIS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay. Easy going if you don't let the customers/members/people calling in get to you.

Cons

Work/Life balance is completely gone. 10 hours mandatory OT on top of the 40 hour full-time schedule is not ideal if you have a life outside of work (kids, school, etc.). If you don't schedule your own OT, they'll schedule it for you even on your days off!

Advice to Management

Understand that employees do have lives outside of work and don't treat employees with such little regard.

9. Nice company

I worked at FIS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging, and professional environment. Great team members

Cons

Long hours, but not so bad.

Advice to Management

Keep the employee happy. If not financially, just a pat on the back helps!

10. Compliance Analyst

Former Employee - Compliance Analyst II in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Compliance Analyst II in Tampa, FL

I worked at FIS

Pros

Very knowledgeable and friendly colleagues. Team environment. Compensation was good for position and economy within the mortgage industry. Lots of opportunity for overtime.

Cons

Poor training. Team leaders provided inconsistent guidance which created an atmosphere where it was unclear what was an acceptable determination and what was an error.

Advice to Management

Improve training materials to allow for a quicker ramp up to production goals. Team leaders need to coordinate and follow the training materials.

11. Good Company/ So-so location

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at FIS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a great, far reaching company that can really take you a lot of places in a chosen field. It's a financial giant, so as such, you have a lot of different opportunities to move around.

Cons

You really start to feel like a cog in the machine after awhile. It's not necessarily middle management's fault directly -- however, they don't always help. The bottom line has the say at the end of the day in my experience. Also, advancement doesn't always go to those qualified as much as it goes to those who know the right person.

Advice to Management

Take a little more time considering your direct reports, and how your decisions affect them. Just because it looks good on paper, doesn't mean that it will be beneficial for your employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed