FIS Reviews

Updated October 31, 2014
2.9

FIS Chairman & CEO Frank Martire
Frank Martire

Pros
  • Pros: Excellent work life balance, Great People to work with (in 31 reviews)

• Flexible work environment, working remote, smart coworkers, good resume builder (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be a struggle for those you cannot tell management "no" (in 14 reviews)

• Turnover of senior management made keeping projects moving forward (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Luck can keep you here forever

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at FIS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Pay
    Work/Life Balance
    Lots of nice and professional people work here.
    New CEO could potentially make this a better company.

Cons

Job Security is non-existent. In years that I have worked in this company we have had clients not renew their contracts which usually means you either find something in the company or get ready to get the boot. There are no contingency plans for this and I've seen some good people go because they do not plan ahead for something like this. Their commitment to being green and helping the community is only a PR thing. There's no real expectation or drive to either of those initiatives.

This culture of "there's no such thing as job security" makes people hate their job because you feel like and expendable drone. I would suggest setting a plan aside to keep talent in the company BEFORE you have to tell people to rush to find work elsewhere.

FIS

I have been working at FIS full-time

Pros

This is a great company.

Cons

The company continues to get better.

Overworked and Underpaid

Current Employee - Analyst II in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Analyst II in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at FIS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

flexible schedule to enable work-life balance, average benefits, community service projects, on-site cafeteria, on-site fitness room, company-wide fun events throughout the year to promote a sense of bonding

Cons

Upper management hosts town hall meetings boasting about our overall revenue growth but then when it's time for annual reviews, people are lucky to get a 3% raise increase. The people that do the most work get more work to do while the slackers just float under the radar.

Take more time to thoroughly train new hires so they are more prepared in their roles. Give better raises to reflect the increased cost of living. Realize that micromanagement lowers morale and causes resentment.

Customer Service Representative I

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at FIS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You have a job, finding new people to work with

Cons

its a call center. very strict guidelines

I like FIS, but work a lot of hours.

I have been working at FIS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I really like the people I work with. I think there are a lot of strong individuals at FIS.

Cons

The pay raise is virtually non-existent. Managers want you to give you best which is understandable but there are not incentives.

Please look at the work your people are putting in and reward them with a change in title move them up in the company and bottom-line is the dollar please have a more growing pay raise.

Excellent

Current Employee - Product Manager in Woodbury, MN
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Woodbury, MN

I have been working at FIS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people with a fun environment

Cons

Wish I saw more involvement from the management team

Not quite fulfilling Internship

Former Employee - Service Delivery in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Service Delivery in Orlando, FL

I worked at FIS as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Learned a lot about corporate life and honed my Office skills

Cons

Internship was not very well structured. A lot of down time.

Better structured program with more projects that are laid out beforehand. More breakout sessions with upper management.

Growing company; leader in the Financial Software Industry

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at FIS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities exist due to rapid growth, especially in the Mobile and Overseas areas. Many talented co-workers, and a good mix of employees and contractors.

Cons

Rapid growth makes the product development cycles relatively short that sometimes cause high levels of stress near the release times that compromise work-life balance. Company employee continuing education is not a priority.

Due to the large and growing size of the company the silos often impede productivity. Also, one policy does not necessarily fit all areas of the company although due to the company size and geographic distribution this may always be a challenge.

Carlstadt needs new managers

Current Employee - Computer Clerk in Carlstadt, NJ
    Current Employee - Computer Clerk in Carlstadt, NJ

I have been working at FIS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work is not difficult.

Cons

To many managers worried about how the look and don't do the work. Managers are unfair and unprofessional. If you're not part of the group you're and outsider and laughed and talked about. Senor manager doesn't listen to employees about problems and conditions of facility. Lots of favoritism and unfairness.

Listen to employees, without laughing about it on the floor. Keep your friendships out of the workplace. Learn how to be prrofessional , stop being one sided, there are always two sides to a story. Its not all about management its about working together.Provide better incentives not just to executives.pays lower than average for a fortune 500 company.

Need to improve focus on employee retention efforts

Current Employee - Implementation/Conversion Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Implementation/Conversion Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at FIS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent starting salary, Good health care benefits flexibility to work remotely from home when you need to. Great co workers.

Cons

Very difficult to increase salary from what you start with. Merrit increase is only 2% accross the board for everyone in the company. If you move to a new position in the company, your salary for new position is calculated by a 3-5 % increase of your current salary, instead of being determined by the salary range set for the specific position you are moving to. Even if the new position is in a compleley different business unit or different organizational group. Only way to get any kind of significant increase is to quit and then be re-hired.

Need to improve focus on employee retention and employee job satisfaction. Need to provide compensation and benefits pkg that is more competitive with other companies in the industry.

FIS Photos