FIS Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
FIS CEO Gary Norcross
Gary Norcross

Pros
  • Pros: Excellent work life balance, Great People to work with (in 35 reviews)

• It's a good work environment the job is good (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Work- Life balance is often disregarded (in 15 reviews)

• Senior management will never be worried about the concerns of the employees (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Excellent company! Couldn't be happier !

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at FIS! Teamwork is a big part of the culture here. I work on my projects and can feel like I go approach anyone if I face challenges. Also, fellow engineers come to me for advice on project and issues they are working. I feel extremely blessed to work for a company that has so much confidence in theit employees. My management protects me from people outside my group from requesting too much from me and my team. They allow me to do my work and do not micromanage in the least bit. As for pay, I'm paid well above market value for Little Rock, and slightly above the national average for a Network Engineer. I also received a raise after only three months with the company. I can use my corporate card for whatever desk reference or certification material I need. They also bring in training. I feel extremely appreciated and that my work matters. The company is always having fun events for employees. Holiday parties, oktoberfest, tailgate events, food truck Monday, to name a few. The company is also highly charitable. They are always raising money for local and national charities. I hope to be with FIS for a long time!

Cons

I cannot honestly think of anything negative.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the hard work!

2. Excellent all-round company

Former Employee - IT Specialist
    Former Employee - IT Specialist

I worked at FIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work-life balance. Will keep you happy

Cons

There are not any cons to tell

3. not good. not bad

I have been working at FIS full-time

Pros

Relaxed work environment. Average benefits. Willing to give entry level opportunities. Good place for early growth.

Cons

Limited upward mobility. Reorgs are common leaving the departments fractured and inefficient. Pay raises do not outpace inflation. Pretty limited professional development opportunities

Advice to Management

Improve tuition reimbursement offerings. Improve transperency around earning promotions. Have better checks in place to ensure management is doing right by their staff.

5. Would work there again

I worked at FIS full-time

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits. Frequent and quality employee development opportunities. Good culture and I know many people that have continued to work there since I left. Lots of people with 10-15-20 years with the company.

Cons

Bureaucracy you tend to get with larger companies, which can make innovation or even doing your day to day job more challenging than it should be. Periodic reductions in force, which again, you tend to get with larger companies. The frequency and volume of those may have changed since 2011 - the company seems to be hiring now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the employee engagement that was going on in 2011. It's easy to focus so much on clients that the employee relationship starts to slip, which in the end, can cause the focus on the client to slip.

6. Billing Contract Analyst I

Current Employee - Billing Contract Analyst I in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Billing Contract Analyst I in Orlando, FL

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent work/life balance Excellent benefits Management that understand the needs of the team

Cons

Need leadership training courses for regular level employees

Advice to Management

You are doing a good job!

Great place to work

I have been working at FIS

Pros

Forward thinking company, great incentives and a company that is involved in the community

Cons

I can't think of any cons

8. Client Relationship / Delivery Manager

I worked at FIS full-time

Pros

Huge product and client base - lots of opportunities for matching client needs to product offerings

Cons

High revenue generation expectations; lesser focus on quality of service. Quarterly layoff cycle.

9. Big company - varies widely from department to department.

Current Employee - Software Analyst Specialist in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Software Analyst Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Each department has its own culture - find a good department and it can be an OK place to work. Some managers are great, flexible, good departmental culture. But what is a good department this year can change dramatically as managers change.

Cons

Each year the benefits get worse and worse - had OK dental - switched to a new company that is awful (a lot of dentists refuse to accept it), cutbacks to Health Reimbursement Accounts etc. Tuition Reimbursement is terrible - very low dollar amount with a low lifetime cap.

Advice to Management

Focus a little bit more on taking care of the employees and a little less on cutting costs to give senior management massive bonuses.

10. Software Testing Engineer

Current Employee - Project Name in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Project Name in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at FIS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

(1) Work life balance. (2) Good hike only if you are in good books of your manger. (3) Some benefits are good like dental and eye checkup benefits.

Cons

(1) Poor Management. (2) Within 18 months 3 manager got changed in my project. (3) Too much politics.

Advice to Management

Bring new changes in management hire leaders not mangers.

11. Not bad. Not long-term.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My group had a good culture with a youthful and strong work environment. They pay entry level analysts a decent amount out of the gate. Good place to build some professional experience. Work load is easily managed.

Cons

Management changes happened often and with reasons as simple as "conflict of interest has arrived"; leading to poor management leadership in the technical realm. Lack of transparency by leadership. No clear path to a supervisory role, have to wait for some sort of "re-org" to have an opportunity. Heavy political presence, quite often management would display clear favoritism in hiring, promoting, etc. Very very lacking in incentive to go above and beyond. Archaic and difficult to navigate systems for my product. St. Pete office is an old bomb shelter....no windows anywhere....

Advice to Management

Clean up the lower level chains of command, they are fragmented. Potentially instill some sort of check and balance system across management levels. Provide more incentives for employees to WANT to go above and beyond for the company. Lack of incentives and mediocre benefits package.

RSS Feed </> Embed