FIS

www.fisglobal.com

FIS Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
FIS – Philippines – “during theme day: Pajama Party”

FIS Chairman & CEO Frank Martire

Frank Martire

Pros
  • Pros: Excellent work life balance, Great People to work with(in 28 reviews)

• The company understands family needs and will allow the occasional work-from-home day(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor food, managers are not supportive, no work life balance(in 11 reviews)

• Senior management will never be worried about the concerns of the employees(in 16 reviews)

Sales Executive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsStrong motivational sales plan, great product set, leader in the industry, engaged executive team.

ConsFortune 500 Bureaucracy, mean politics, incoherent sales management structure and decision making.

Advice to Senior ManagementLosing the care and support that was historically given to customer facing employees, and the customer see the change.

Programmer Analyst

Programmer Analyst II (Current Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsThe work culture in FIS is great and the team members are so helpful and friendly

ConsPay is less and does not support remote work

Amazing Company

IT Infrastructure (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAmazing work culture along with professional environment

ConsEverything is perfect and nothing needs to be changed

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

Intern (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsIf you are just looking to gain experience for a summer this is the perfect place. Management liked me so much they extended my internship through the semester and were very flexible with hours. Very flexible about time just as long as you get those 40 hours in they don't care how or when.

ConsCons: old school culture. If you are a young college graduate I would suggest to go to a young division within FIS like the mobile division.

good company

Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee)

Prosgood company to work for

Constake care of your self

Overall, FIS is a friendly environment.

ProsFIS is a very friendly environment. The employees get along well with each other, or attempt to, as the employees treat each other with courtesy and respect. The benefits are ok, discounts through third parties.

ConsEmployees do not get the large raises yet management continually receives 6 figure bonuses. It would be nice if that trickled down. There is no accountability when a job is not done. If you are a slacker employee, others have to do extra and there are no consequences to the bottom dwellers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMeet with your employees on a regular basis. Find out who is doing what (or not doing) and hold them accountable. Incorporate absentee policies so the absenteeism is not abused or remove the slack.

I had a fantastic experience working for them.

Client Implement/Support Specialist III (Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsThe people you work with are great people. Atmosphere is great.

ConsCertain jobs do really require better training.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou see an individual struggling, ask if the require extra training.

ho-hum

Financial Analyst III (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

Proscould retire from there if you can stand it for that many years, parking garage

ConsDon't pay well, waves of layoffs then hiring

A Run of the Mill Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's a large company and there are opportunities to move to other areas of the company.

ConsManagement tends to use exempt employees as a free labor pool. It's not uncommon for exempt employees to work 60+ hours, six or days a week. Only executives and other select groups see any type of a bonus. Starting pay is usually at market, but increases are limited to 1-2%. In my first year, I was given an outstanding review, with no raise or other monetary compensation. There was no opportunity to train or further my skills aside from the CBT courses offered. Funding for instructor based training or attending professional workshops to sharpen skills is non-existent.

Executive management rarely engage employees outside of immediate reports, organized town halls, discussion groups, or surveys.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the "top down" culture. Realize that exempt employees working 60+ hours need to be compensated. Would any of you executives continue to work ungodly hours if you didn't get anything other than lame FIS points as a thank you? Put yourself in the shoes of an exempt professional and ask yourself if you'd continue to work under those conditions.

Some of you executives get bonuses of up to 150% of your base salary. The excuse I keep reading is that it's so FIS can attract top level executive talent. Well how about top level technical talent? I've watch dozens of top flight technical people leave because other companies recognize the value of that kind of talent and are willing to pay for it. This kind of churn cannot be good for product stability.

Don't pretend that silly ice cream socials and other distractions are compensation and will satiate over- worked, underpaid exempt professionals. Particularly since you're paid a generous bonus.

Working at FIS

Product Director (Current Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsChallenging and constantly changing, fast paced and high expectations, decent pay and benefits

ConsLacks in employee development or investment, not focused on employee satisfaction, every 3-6 months employees are laid off to ensure execs make their bonuses, then they rehire 2-4 months later, company is numbers focused to a fault

Advice to Senior ManagementIf they invested more in people, they wouldn't be constantly faced with dissatisfied employees that only want to give just enough to keep a paycheck....this poor cultural environment supports a vicious cycle of underperforming and then manipulation of the numbers to satisfy Wall Street and guarantee exec bonuses.

Worked for FIS? Contribute to the Community!