FIS Reviews

Updated October 23, 2014
2.9

FIS Chairman & CEO Frank Martire
Frank Martire

Pros
  • Pros: Excellent work life balance, Great People to work with (in 30 reviews)

• Flexible work environment, working remote, smart coworkers, good resume builder (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be a struggle for those you cannot tell management "no" (in 14 reviews)

• Turnover of senior management made keeping projects moving forward (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

FIS

I have been working at FIS full-time

Pros

This is a great company.

Cons

The company continues to get better.

Overworked and Underpaid

Current Employee - Analyst II in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Analyst II in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at FIS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

flexible schedule to enable work-life balance, average benefits, community service projects, on-site cafeteria, on-site fitness room, company-wide fun events throughout the year to promote a sense of bonding

Cons

Upper management hosts town hall meetings boasting about our overall revenue growth but then when it's time for annual reviews, people are lucky to get a 3% raise increase. The people that do the most work get more work to do while the slackers just float under the radar.

Take more time to thoroughly train new hires so they are more prepared in their roles. Give better raises to reflect the increased cost of living. Realize that micromanagement lowers morale and causes resentment.

Customer Service Representative I

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at FIS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You have a job, finding new people to work with

Cons

its a call center. very strict guidelines

I like FIS, but work a lot of hours.

I have been working at FIS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I really like the people I work with. I think there are a lot of strong individuals at FIS.

Cons

The pay raise is virtually non-existent. Managers want you to give you best which is understandable but there are not incentives.

Please look at the work your people are putting in and reward them with a change in title move them up in the company and bottom-line is the dollar please have a more growing pay raise.

Excellent

Current Employee - Product Manager in Woodbury, MN
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Woodbury, MN

I have been working at FIS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people with a fun environment

Cons

Wish I saw more involvement from the management team

This was once a great company to work for but not any longer ...

Former Employee - Human Resources in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at FIS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Years ago, hard work paid off and management noticed/rewarded it (or even compliment it). Now it's more about doing more work with less people. Frank Martire is genuinely "all about the employees"; however, upper management does not lead by his example. Also, don't expect a raise or promotion unless you are in good with you boss and their "clique".

Cons

With so many acquisitions the company is very divided but likes to portray a unified organization. This leaves Corporate Human Resources administering different policies, pay, benefits to different divisions of the company. If it truly is all about the employees than all employees should have access to the same "good" pay & benefits packages of others.

Get your head out of the sand and stop getting rid of good hard workers in order to keep good hard "suck-up's". It should be about work ethic and not about who is kissing management's rear-end.

Need to improve focus on employee retention efforts

Current Employee - Implementation/Conversion Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Implementation/Conversion Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at FIS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent starting salary, Good health care benefits flexibility to work remotely from home when you need to. Great co workers.

Cons

Very difficult to increase salary from what you start with. Merrit increase is only 2% accross the board for everyone in the company. If you move to a new position in the company, your salary for new position is calculated by a 3-5 % increase of your current salary, instead of being determined by the salary range set for the specific position you are moving to. Even if the new position is in a compleley different business unit or different organizational group. Only way to get any kind of significant increase is to quit and then be re-hired.

Need to improve focus on employee retention and employee job satisfaction. Need to provide compensation and benefits pkg that is more competitive with other companies in the industry.

FIS - Growing but where?

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at FIS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

FIS is a nice place if you can find a good management team. They are going through some large process changes that sometimes seem to create difficulties in getting simple things done, but change is good. FIS is working very hard at securing any NPI data they are charged with protecting. I am involved with a great team and manager that still teats the employees as valued participants in the process.

Cons

Seems that the goal of FIS, at least in St. Petersburg, is to outsource all of the well paying technology based jobs. Though they keep the building full I can see the lowering of the salary base. It it my opinion that the St, Petersburg facility is on its way to being just a call center after all of the network, database, programming and project positions are moved overseas or turned into H1B employees.

I recognize that management has the 'fiduciary responsibility' to the stockholders to increase value,but this path only decreases the value of the employee and the USA in the long run.

Not quite fulfilling Internship

Former Employee - Service Delivery in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Service Delivery in Orlando, FL

I worked at FIS as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Learned a lot about corporate life and honed my Office skills

Cons

Internship was not very well structured. A lot of down time.

Better structured program with more projects that are laid out beforehand. More breakout sessions with upper management.

Meh

Current Employee - Fraud Support Associate in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Fraud Support Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at FIS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, Constant food days (could be a negative) free onsite gyn

Cons

Very poor policy and procedures, difficult to talk to management or even your supervisor, poor training

Be more accessible and improve training to avoid poorly trained employees who then get in trouble for being poorly trained

FIS Photos