FISHER PRINTING

Updated November 25, 2014
Updated November 25, 2014
2.0

CEO

Nice place to start off but limited in vertical career opportunities.

I have been working at FISHER PRINTING

Pros

Flexible Scheduling.
    Able to work on multple areas of field.
    Relaxed office culture.
    Friendly Co-workers.

Cons

Lack of vertical career opportunities.
    Low hourly rates.

Invest in Good Talent because people who learn the company and do well, will feel dissatisfied and look for work elsewhere, leaving company back at square one to fill position.

The Worst Company I've Ever Worked For

Current Employee - Pre-Press in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Pre-Press in Orange, CA

I have been working at FISHER PRINTING full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Paid weekly. Consistent 40 hour work week. Flexible hours (some people come in at 7:30 am, others at 10 am). My co-workers are decent people and the little interaction I get with them is what gets me through the day. I can listen to my iPod while I work.

Cons

This place is meant for kids just out of high school who know a little InDesign and need the job experience. Stick around for a year so you have something on your resume. This job is also great if you’re desperate. Like a terrible boyfriend, you’ll learn quickly what you want and don’t want, and that will be of tremendous value while you’re looking for something else (and, deargod, start looking for something else immediately).

Pay is terrible, slightly over minimum wage. No raises or cost of living increases. No opportunity for promotion. Healthcare is alright, not great. I wonder if how they dole out vacation time is legal? I’ve been here over a year and I still don’t have vacation time yet. It’s pretty much impossible to plan your holidays, especially if you want to go out of town, so don’t bother.

Don't expect to ever be greeted or even acknowledged by the owners or managers. They ignore anyone who isn't management or reception. They hate each other and spend their time fighting, having NSFW conversations, and strutting around the office. They don't wash their hands after using the restroom, which makes me grateful they don't acknowledge my existence and shake my hand (perhaps I should put that under "pros").

The work is repetitive and not challenging, and the company doesn't provide incentives.

There are allergens in the office -- people are always sneezing or coughing. The air conditioning is almost never at the right temperature. It's 60 degrees indoors in the winter and 80-90 degrees in the summer. When an employee consulted Human Resources about the summer temperature, the response was, “I know it’s hot in here but it’s even hotter outdoors.”

Morale among employees is low. I can tell no one really wants to be there. Like I said, the best part of my day is interacting with my co-workers. The saddest part is once a conversation reaches the 5-minute mark we're told to, “Get back to work because the bosses are watching.”

The bottom line is, apply here and take the job if you’re desperate.

OMG get into a spaceship and set a course for Andromeda. Take the Kardashians with you.

Stepping Stone

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgeview, IL

I have been working at FISHER PRINTING full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fisher Printing has set them selves a great stepping stone for people looking for a job to gain some quick experience and then move one. They offer a flexible and casual work environment and the hours are consistent.

Cons

Compensation is not up to par with the industry. They offer very little to no overtime and unfortunately they have set them selves as a short term place of work for most employees.

Start investing in your teams and show that you value your employees. This will allow you to build strength in your departments and help grow you business. Start implementing quotas and or enforce requirements for your sales staff to keep them in check and not allow them to dictate how the business is run.

Great place to learn and practice new skills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgeview, IL

I have been working at FISHER PRINTING full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have flexible hours but deadlines that need to be met.
    Ability to learn new skills.

Cons

They pay is not competitive. The work environment is stressful typically doing at least 2 peoples jobs. They cut for approx 3 months

Invest in good workers and make sure you have enough staffing.
    Take time to show appreciation for the staff and the hard work they do.

Egos are Sinking the Ship!

Current Employee - Drone in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Drone in Orange, CA

I have been working at FISHER PRINTING full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I still have a job and I have never had problems cashing my checks! We are fortunate to have a great business model in our Chicago plant that we can leach financially off of while these idiots dump this plant down the drain.

Cons

Names on the wall are there by names only. They aren't even qualified to ask "would you like fries with that?" They wish their bank accounts were half as big as their egos. Completely clueless and completely hopeless. I remember the days of working for their father. I miss the days of working for their father. Im surprised we still have clients. Employees out look is dismal. Moral is down. Employees pay gets cut so spoiled brats get raises for doing nothing but hating each other and sleeping. Owners basic duties include studying the ceiling while laying on the couch, giving yourself a manicure, and hiding so you don't have to talk to the other 2 that have their name on the sign. Whatever, we are used to it HR Dept has failed and continues to fail. Sales dept are too busy bending everyone else over than trying to get more sales. People are used as scapegoats and patsies. This should be a reality show. There used to be a manager we could ask questions from and get answers from. He's gone. Big surprise. He helped people try to be successful. Not a part of the corporate plane. Oh well. Keep writing those checks!!!

Doesn't matter, they won't do it unless it helps drive the company further down the dumps.

Completely worthless company, been working pre press for over 10 years.

Current Employee - Production Artist in Orange, CA

I have been working at FISHER PRINTING full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I am paid every week by direct deposit. There are a few good people that I work directly with and that's about it.

Cons

As other very accurate reviews already stated, the company is being run (into the ground) by spoiled rich kids. It's beyond obvious that the owners only care about getting more money, they've already been walking all over their employees to get it for years now.

Management is completely clueless and incompetent and only cares about their own agendas. Special privaleges (discrimination) are afforded to those that are "in" with the owners. I've seen my manager sleeping at his desk multiple times, when he is actually at his desk.

Even though there are a few good coworkers, this company has demoralized most of the others and many many employees are disgruntled.

The pay is laughable at best and no raises have been given in 8 years.

In all seriousness, the greedy, narcissistic owners need to leave and a completely new (and competent) management team needs to be hired.

Unprofessional Company with lack of leadership.

Current Employee - Production Artist in Orange, CA

I have been working at FISHER PRINTING full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My pay checks don't bounce. Other people in production are good to work with. Certain people actually care about putting forth a good effort towards their job instead of feeding their ego.

Cons

Management consists of spoiled little rich kids that know nothing about the industry and try to do what they can to undermine and criticize each other. One owner likes to scream and yell with others in close view to hearing about personal family issues and how he needs to get rid of his brothers. Sales manager has way more than 2 faces, she will be the first to throw anyone under the bus for her own mistakes. Its incredible that they are still in business with the lack of ethics in the sales dept. COO comes to work in sweat pants and sleeps on a couch all morning then leaves by lunch. I see good people come and go on a regular basis. My manager is a good guy but he kind of goes with the flow. Sales department is taking over the company and probably are trying to get rid of him like they got rid of the manager of the presses.

Shouldn't sales be out selling instead of trying to run everyone else's departments?
    I'm riding this train as long as I can because the way it's going now it will be out of business soon.

Company no understand work

Former Employee - Pressmann in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Pressmann in Orange, CA

I worked at FISHER PRINTING full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Always get 40 hours. Manager Brian good manager he always help and try to make thing more better.

Cons

Machine no good. No give time for maintannince. Owners no care about people an no understand work. Work all weekends.

Maybe better if owners no come to work an need more managers like brian.

Poor Management

Current Employee - Pressman in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Pressman in Orange, CA

I have been working at FISHER PRINTING full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Still have Job. Get paid check every week.

Cons

Other review is good. No good manager anymore. After manager leave work place getting worser. Noone respect short sales owner. He don't know what he doing. old manager work with everyone and motivate everyone to want to do good job with bad machine. old manager good manager. Now no good manager. No Bueno!

Fix Machine. bring manager back. right now very bad. With old manager here no need to talk to union.

Not what I expected...

Former Employee - Graphic Artist/Designer in Bridgeview, IL
    Former Employee - Graphic Artist/Designer in Bridgeview, IL

I worked at FISHER PRINTING as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Great if you like pre-production work.

Cons

Was interviewed and led to believe that this would be a graphic designer position, but in reality it's pre-production. You may have different things to do here and there, but it's pretty repetitive.

Interact with your employees more, and give them the chance to learn new things.