FL Roberts

Updated October 12, 2014
Updated October 12, 2014
1.5

Steve Roberts

Overall a transitional job. Not one to keep long term. Don't expect much more than a pay check.

Former Employee - Car Wash Manager in Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - Car Wash Manager in Springfield, MA

I worked at FL Roberts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a manager the health insurance is pretty good. Slow months create some great time to catch up on the place and keep it running. They also throw a pretty good bash once a year.

Cons

The pay is deplorable. Often ideas get swept under the rug or recreated as an idea for upper management. You'll get ignored frequently until it becomes enough of an eyesore or problem that someone recognizes it.
    Like I said, it's a transitional job. Not one you'd want to consider a long-term career. It's very rare that there are promotions.

Acknowledge and appreciate your staff if you're going to provide financial shortcomings. Or pay your managers better to continue the treatment you give them.

Horrendous

Current Employee - Lube Tech/Gsr in Chicopee, MA
    Current Employee - Lube Tech/Gsr in Chicopee, MA

I have been working at FL Roberts part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lower bay, 30 minute breaks, days off. The co workers. Free crap coffee made with tap water. Unlimited water bottles but "dont drink too much its 65 cents a bottle". It's hard to see through the cons in this company.

Cons

The district managers are extremely disrespectful. The only thing on their mind is SALES! Rip people off with increasing prices. Coupons for coupons for coupons. Incentives are horrible. Assisant managers get paid a dollar more then an average employee. Expect to be treated like a replaceable employee everyday you work. Managers are childish and have no management qualities. Freezing cold winters heat won't be used unless under 40 degrees and barely works as is.

Show some respect.

Good opportunity for high school students to earn a little extra cash

Former Employee - Sales Associate--Carwash in Greenfield, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate--Carwash in Greenfield, MA

I worked at FL Roberts part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There was little to no oversight if you simply did your job, the commission money wasn't bad (though I heard after I left it decreased significantly), and the job was relatively easy to do. If you work hard and can get yourself noticed by the GM, there is an opportunity to become an assistant manager or manager, but the money for that isn't great and you work 50 hour weeks at a minimum

Cons

If you made one little mistake, you could end up with the GM breathing down your neck (even on a Sunday morning!) or it could be completely ignored; it was very inconsistent

Stop reducing the commission payments; it is hard enough to get someone to work hard for you without destroying the incentives

The WORST company to work for!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I have been working at FL Roberts

Pros

Company has been around for a long time. Get dental and health insurance. Employees get free car washes and double reward points.

Cons

99% are cons. Management treat you with disrespect. You have absolutely no job security! Upper management make you feel and also let you know verbally that you mean nothing and that you are replaceable at any time. Your hard work is unnoticed while anything you might do wrong will be announced. You feel like you are walking on eggshells every day you come into work. Upper management (corporate office shareholders) are very unfriendly, rude, unappreciative, and are the worse group of people to work for and with.

Treat your employees like PEOPLE not like animals!!!

Little respect for staff!

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at FL Roberts

Pros

The only one I can think of (and yes there is only one) are the double points they give employees on the rewards cards.

Cons

They keep everyone at a part time status so they don't have to give benefits and suggest that we go on Mass Health! Make us work 8 to 10 hour shifts alone in stores with no breaks! They spy on us through the security camera to make sure we are working at all times and reprimand us when we try to take a break! I was actually yelled at for eating dinner during my 8 hour shift!

Learn to treat your employees with a little respect!