FLIR

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Andrew C. Teich

Overall good company

Electrical Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsFamily- oriented environment, good working culture. As an Any company, it is a bright, smart engineers and a lot of lazy, ballast people.

ConsPoor management, favoritism, a.s kissing, salaries were frozen for the most of people , but not all, raises miserable,

Advice to Senior ManagementStart to manage

Dynamic environment producing products that save lives

Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsWorking with smart, passionate, hard working co-workers has been amazing

ConsLeadership not understanding designing, selling and production manufacturing of complex, sophisticated systems.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest upfront, so shareholders can see larger returns in the near future, instead of irresponsible and reckless spending at the end to produce unacceptable lackluster quarterly results

Mid-size government contractor with trouble growing.

Production Manager (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsTechnology development and operations staff are all very dedicated to their jobs and do as much as they can to advance the brand of the company. Products cover a vast range of implementations which allows for a good range of tech and disciplines.

ConsAs part of a division that was bolted on after an acquisition, I found myself lost in the increasingly complex organizational structure. There was very little direct input to the top of the organization which was on the other side of the country. Vision for growth seemed very short-sighted and only focused on iterative product improvements and not adventuring into anything they weren't already field leaders in.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more proactive in creating an open strategic focus and avoid adopting a large conglomerate structure linked through a long line of acquisitions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

FLIR is an exceptional, dynamic organization where employee well-being is a major focus area.

Human Resources Professional (Former Employee) Goleta, CA

ProsThe benefits and salaries at FLIR are well above "competitive", attracting and retaining the best talent. Their products are cutting-edge technology, scaled for the commercial and consumer markets, so there's always something new to ooh and ahh over! The Goleta campus includes an employee deli that is open to workers from other local companies.

ConsAt times, oversight from corporate leadership in Oregon seemed too bureaucratic and limiting for the creative energies at the Commercial Vision Systems Division in Goleta (Santa Barbara), California.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue building your employer brand by maintaining your sharp focus on the benefits, salary and recognition needs of your outstanding workers. Remember to allow as much autonomy to your individual divisions (like the Commercial Vision Systems Division), in order to foster creativity and a sense of ownership among your employees.

Good experience. Very dynamic company

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) Stillwater, OK

ProsGood technology which is beneficial for home land security

ConsNew products hard to develop

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter cooperation among groups will help

Great firm, leader in its market segment

Director of Sales (Current Employee)

ProsInnovative and fast-growing company. Locations in many parts of the world. Great brand-recognition. Very strong market position in its industry.

ConsExtensive travel for sales professionals, challenging work schedule for engineers as well

Advice to Senior ManagementEquity incentives are somewhat less than other technology companies, including Silicon Valley software companies, etc., and this should be improved. It will increase employee focus on long-term capital appreciation and growth.

Good company...while you're still there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) North Billerica, MA

ProsGreat benefits- vacation, 401k match, health options. Enjoyed the employee stock purchase program, too. FLIR provide good options in benefits suite.

ConsLack of job security with each quarterly earnings release as company seeks to pacify Wall Street investors instead of its own employees

Great technology, great company, expanding markets

Business Development (Current Employee)

ProsTechnology focus and leadership, commercial approach to business.

ConsLeadership can be passive at times. Information flows between divisions is less than optimal.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with the company in a positive and upbeat manner.

Very Good

Account Manager (Current Employee) Nashua, NH

ProsLoyal to employees. Good work/life balance. Good communication with supervisors.

ConsBelow average compensation. Sales goals have been very aggressive.

It is a great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wilsonville, OR

ProsCo-workers are great to work with. Hours are flexible. Pay is comparable in my field.

ConsLayoffs are scary. It is a bad economy and downsizing is possible (but this can happen any place).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communication lines open with your employees and always keep an open mind. Some people really do offer good advice.

Worked for FLIR? Contribute to the Community!