FLIR

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andrew C. Teich

Great people and exciting products. Talented, focused and intelligent management team.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wilsonville, OR

ProsFLIR has excellent benefits and pays the lions share of the cost. The company matches 50% of my 401(k) contributions, which really adds up. We have a bonus plan that has paid out every year but one. We get 20 days of PTO per year plus 10 holidays.

The products are the most interesting of any company I have ever worked for and employees really get excited about working on our technology.

ConsThere are no visible employee training and development programs. Management is often too busy or uninterested in learning about how employees like their jobs. Our new CEO has begun communicating much more often to employees, but many people still feel left out of what's going on in the company. The management team is somewhat isolated and doesn't interact with a lot of employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to see more interaction between managers, directors and VPs with the executive management.

Ok company. Poor communication. Employees come second to stockholders

ProsEmployee stock purchase plan, decent benefits, decent pay. Not a bad work environment. Good products overall, especially if you are into optics, thermal imaging, etc.

ConsPoor intra-company communication. Management promotes incompetents. Company caters to the stock holder above anything else. Employees come second.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on communication. Don't just talk about it—lead by example. Don't just send a company email. Talk to all your employees one-on-one and find out what they're thinking. Address employee concerns at meetings. Let employees know that their thoughts and concerns are being heard.

Great Company

Business Development (Former Employee) Wilsonville, OR

ProsGreat Company with good products which really are needed in today's surveillance environment.

ConsMany bureaucrats who really want to work for the USG, yet are able to sit back and manage to throw rocks at engineering, sales and others.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Treat their temp employees badly.

Temporary Employee (Current Employee) Wilsonville, OR

ProsThe cafe staff treat the temps better than anyone else.

ConsI've never been treated so poorly by a company as a temporary employee. You say "Hi" or "Good Morning" and no one says anything back.
    I was told I would be given temporary to permanent opportunities, tuition reimbursement, and be a part of a team.
    You are treated as if you are dirt, and worthless. The people in my department actually have siad "Oh, USE her anywhere you need."
    You DON'T USE PEOPLE, even if they are temps. I will be graduating with a Bachelor's Degree in a year; you are no better than me.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe clear on what you are hiring for, and be clear that temps will not be included in company activities, picnics, even when someone brings a treat into the office, you are not allowed to have any of it.

Interesting state of the art products

Consultant (Former Employee) Santa Barbara, CA

ProsCurrent state of the art tools and design requirements are beneficial in providing real solutions to current market trends, and social benefits.

ConsTime to market and complexity of system require meticulous focus and detailed execution for short phase project delivery, with flexible project requirements.

Amazing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople were a great team to work with

ConsNone this was a very supportive team

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Great company to work for

Optical Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) Bozeman, MT

Prosgood benefits best people flexible hours

ConsToo few people to do the job right

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to develop and promote current employees

Ups and downs

Director of Sales (Former Employee) Wilsonville, OR

ProsNice people and great customers make the work worthy. It was great making products that save lives. I'll miss the close connection with the customers.

ConsMany talented people are left to stagnate in their jobs because some in management do not plan for away ahead for them. If you do a good job, some managers do not want to move you up because then they will have to replace you.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff!

Enhanced my career while working with a distinct group of passionate associates

Various (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsLearned how to work in a fast paced dynamics of a public cmpany

ConsThe company did not support long term growth

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to undersatnd manufacturing instead of bean counting at the end of each quarter.

Very good

Technical Assembler (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsQuality is required and necessary

Conscontractor employed not Flir employee

Advice to Senior Managementhire

Worked for FLIR? Contribute to the Community!