FLURRY
www.flurry.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

FLURRY Reviews

Updated Nov 13, 2013

Simon Khalaf

At the center of the fastest growing segment of digital media, ever

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FLURRY full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAll other advertising mediums are in decline while mobile is growing...fast! Flurry sits at the center of it all because it monitors more data than anyone else. This gives Flurry a huge advantage when it comes to building a unique and sustainable media business.

ConsMobile is a fast moving segment that still poses risks and requires companies to be nimble in order to win. This can lead to chaotic days but that's what working in a small company is all about.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecute, execute, execute...

Fast growing start-up

I have been working at FLURRY full-time for more than a year

Pros-Brilliant people that are interested and invested in what they do
-Great communication from the exec team, definitely the most transparent company I have worked in
-Cool new office
-Growing very quickly

Cons-Lots of new faces, so some challenges making sure everyone gets up to speed
-There hasnt been a large focus yet on career development, mostly due to how quickly the company has grown

Advice to Senior Management-continue being transparent and letting the team know whats happening across the company

Company Will come down as pack of cards!!!!

Senior QA Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at FLURRY full-time for more than a year

ProsThere were some good engineers but all have left now bcoz they know there is no future of the company. The managers in the company do nothing and are busy playing political games and they should be the one laid off if they have to save the company.

Some people have become managers bcoz they have been with the company for some time as they know they will not get a job anywhere with their knowledge.....MANAGERS ARE CRAP here......

Cons1). REMOVE MANAGERS FROM COMPANY
2). MAKE IT A FLAT COMPANY
3). FIRE QA MANAGERS ...JUST SUCKING UP COMPANY MONEY...THEY DO NOTHING
4). SOME ARE JUST WAITING FOR THE COMPANY TO GO PUBLIC SO THEY CAN MAKE 5). MONEY OF IT ...BUT THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN
6). COMPANY NEEDS TO CHANGE ITS APPROACH JUST BY COPYING GOOGLE THEY WILL NOT BECOME ONE...
7). ALL THE GEMS OF THE COMPANY ARE GONE
8). IF YOU HAVE A THOUGHT WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM THE MANAGERS, THE MANAGER WILL MAKE SURE YOU ARE FIRED OR LAID OFF

Advice to Senior ManagementFIRE QA MANAGERS!!!!!

Stupid Managers!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at FLURRY full-time for less than a year

ProsThe company might do ok.

ConsStupid QA Managers. One of them is busy playing political games and other one doesn't know anything about QA.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up!!!

Used to be great, tried to grow too quickly, brought in bad management, now floundering

I worked at FLURRY full-time

ProsSome great people still there. Large, interesting architecture/environment. LOTS of traffic.

ConsSuper-ambitious goals while tying your hands from actually achieving any of them, specs change out from under you at a moment's notice, lots of politics keeping things from getting done. Did I mention politics? Many groups have goals at cross-purposes, and lots of animosity toward each other

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back some technical understanding to management, and get rid of the politics

good engineers, bad management

I worked at FLURRY

ProsExcellent engineers. Best in the industry.
Good work/life balance.

ConsNo job security. Hire and fire without warning.

Used to be great, now a bloated depressing company

I worked at FLURRY

ProsWorking with decent engineers (although they at least 2 leave every week). No work life balance so if you like to work until 3am every night this place is amazing.

ConsHired MBA's from google and facebook who have never worked at a startup and ruined it. A few months back they fired quite a few people which didn't sit well. After that engineers are upset and have been leaving at the rate of one every two weeks. This place is depressing, microsoft feels more like a startup than flurry.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop thinking you can do anything without engineers. New managers - product - You ruined this company.

Steep learning curve

I have been working at FLURRY full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people to work with. Transparent knowledge sharing across all functions.

ConsToo much focus on growth, and lesser on product.

Worked for FLURRY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FLURRY reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FLURRY CEO Simon Khalaf . All 8 reviews posted anonymously by FLURRY employees.