FM Facility Maintenance Reviews

Jim Reavey

1. OK for youth

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Hartford, CT

I worked at FM Facility Maintenance full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lively worspace lots of challenges and ideas.

Cons

New Owners A little single minded on profit over people.

none

2. Well paid, not challenged, limited job security

I have been working at FM Facility Maintenance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I as well paid, and with ability to work from home, I loved the flexibility that I had. My initial job that I was hired to do was fun, exciting, and kept me busy but fully engaged with the company and our clients

Cons

While working from home brought great flexibility, it also distanced me from my coworkers, and when I when my job responsibilities changed so did my feeling of being part of the group. Additionally my new work responsibilities were vastly different from what I was hired to do, and it did not challenge or excite me. There was an interest in what I was doing by executive leadership, but even that waned over time, and eventually was part of the reason my job position was eliminated

Work to unify the company; clearly identify the goals, objectives, and values, and make sure that everyone feels connected and a part to the overall company, not just their individual service centers or remote employees with no strong connection anywhere.

3. Vendor. Service contractor

Former Contractor - Owner Service Company in Erie, PA
    Former Contractor - Owner Service Company in Erie, PA

I worked at FM Facility Maintenance as a contractor

Pros

Enjoyed service calls from fm facility

Cons

Collecting money owed for service work

Your company get contractors to service your sites and when these invoices are due the contractors waits months on end for payment 120 days plus . Then when so much money is owed the change there name and then go bankrupt They could care less about there contractors that built a business for them If your company does service work don't let them get behind on payments cash only.

High School Environment

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hartford, CT

I worked at FM Facility Maintenance full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The ease of sitting at a desk and answering calls.

Cons

Unless you were in the clique, nobody helped you or bothered with you. You got one 10 min break you needed to clock out for for an 8 hr shift. None of the managers were nice or seemed as they cared for anyone. I saw multiple people in my group cry and quit because they couldn't handle how mean everyone was. Very mean girl environment.

Help others. Make people comfortable. Get to know people that are new and not just old workers. Most of all, stop with the high school environment. Very gossipy. Not family orientated.

An honest opinion

Former Employee - Facility Specialist in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Facility Specialist in Hartford, CT

I worked at FM Facility Maintenance full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I liked the people I worked with. I liked the clients we had. Promotions were very hard to come by after the first or second. Being one that moved through the ranks, from the lowest level employee to in the middle I'm familiar with the process. The company values come down to the dollar. There is a little money thrown at employee events, but it's all a facade.

Cons

The company is driven by financial success. Yes, I realize that it's important to make money, but ultimately we used poor quality providers to maximize our profits. On top of that, we had very stringent requirements on invoicing which meant the bad service providers also ended up not getting paid. We maintained a "Reserve" for expected accounts payable, but it was not near the norm... because we never paid on the accounts.

We had a preventative maintenance program for our customers where we bill our contracted rates, but have no systems in place to verify the work is complete. If it never gets done, great... we get paid more. If one store every 20 says something, well, we get it done or return their money.

I could go on, but I won't. If you are offered a position in the Hartford office - Don't take it. The position will be moved in the future, as the entire company will dissolve the Connecticut office in the near future ( I've seen the outline and cost benefit analysis)

Be straightforward. Don't use people for their feedback and leave them high and dry when you change your model.

Review of FM

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I worked at FM Facility Maintenance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can work from home.

Cons

They do not have a good business model.

This is not the Career you're looking for...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I worked at FM Facility Maintenance full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are very few "Pro's" when discussing this company. As many others have said, and bears repeating, the co-workers are one of the few stand out positives of a job with FM Facility Maintenance.

Cons

Most positions at FM Facility Maintenance are extremely stressful, especially if you are client facing. When you throw in a Director, a Manager, a Supervisor,a "Lead" and a Senior .. all trying to manage you with different styles and degrees of micromanagement (and it is ALL micro-management) it quickly becomes evident that any creativity or initiative will be quickly stifled. There are certain people at FM who should never have been placed in an "executive"role. Verbally abusive, belittling lacking any professional courtesy what so ever.

This company has lost more clients due to mismanagement and over promising and under delivering than I can name , there isn't an ex employee from FM that isn't doing better somewhere else (Some of the people doing better are currently on unemployment).

Executive management lies to anyone they come in contact with. Are you a Client? They will sell you on savings but provide a smoke and mirror show that rivals anything you can see in Vegas. Savings .. almost non existent.

Are you a Supplier ironically called a "Service Partner"? Paying you in a timely fashion is a top priority. No it's not, review your contracts they are building in extending payment terms. It will have you LONGING for a 45 day period.

Employees are lied to the most. I think the most disgusting lie is that each employee is valued like a member of a family. I was with this company long enough to witness MASSIVE layoffs each and every year, Entire departments wiped out with zero notice and minimal compensation and jobs sent oversees.

This company will soon change its name AGAIN to avoid the reputation they have cultivated.. but never fear a reputation this "good" will follow them no matter what name they assume.

Pay: Lower than average
    Insurance cost : High
    Insurance value: Low to Medium
    Benefits: Reduced every year
    Feeling of Security: None

Taking a job at FM Facility Maintenance may provide a paycheck.. but you will be the one that ends up paying... because FM Facility Maintenance never does.

Learn the Golden Rule, Practice the Golden Rule.

9. Great

Current Employee - Procurement Analyst in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Procurement Analyst in Hartford, CT

I have been working at FM Facility Maintenance (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, supervisors are great people

Cons

laid off too frequent for work life

Lesson to your workers they are all very knowledgeable and great at their jobs.

Its an okay company to work for but you have to be a certain type of person to get ahead here.

I have been working at FM Facility Maintenance

Pros

The People you work with and the possible connections you can make when moving on.

Cons

No set standards, not much room for growth without an established group or goals to move up, salary ranges all over the place not based off merit only.

DON'T DO IT!!!

I worked at FM Facility Maintenance

Pros

None...ok free indoor parking thats about it

Cons

If you like working crazy hours, being on call 24/7 without having been informed of that status when interviewing, being bullied, having your reputation be blemished because the working relationships you worked so hard to build were trashed by a company who doesn't pay their bills, enjoy watching great contractors being literally put out of business for the same reason as previously stated, getting no respect from upper management all while making a pittance of a salary....well FM is the place for you!! I have never worked for such a horrible company. I too experienced health issues while working for this company due to the stress and know of at least 4 others who also did. Don't drink the Kool-Aid unless you are a glutton for punishment!! By the way the one star was because I HAD to.

Why bother.....as another already stated they didn't listen before..why start now?

FM Facility Maintenance Photos