FM Facility Maintenance

Jim Reavey

Great

Current Employee - Procurement Analyst in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Procurement Analyst in Hartford, CT

I have been working at FM Facility Maintenance (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to work, supervisors are great people

Cons

laid off too frequent for work life

Lesson to your workers they are all very knowledgeable and great at their jobs.

Its an okay company to work for but you have to be a certain type of person to get ahead here.

I have been working at FM Facility Maintenance

Pros

The People you work with and the possible connections you can make when moving on.

Cons

No set standards, not much room for growth without an established group or goals to move up, salary ranges all over the place not based off merit only.

DON'T DO IT!!!

I worked at FM Facility Maintenance

Pros

None...ok free indoor parking thats about it

Cons

If you like working crazy hours, being on call 24/7 without having been informed of that status when interviewing, being bullied, having your reputation be blemished because the working relationships you worked so hard to build were trashed by a company who doesn't pay their bills, enjoy watching great contractors being literally put out of business for the same reason as previously stated, getting no respect from upper management all while making a pittance of a salary....well FM is the place for you!! I have never worked for such a horrible company. I too experienced health issues while working for this company due to the stress and know of at least 4 others who also did. Don't drink the Kool-Aid unless you are a glutton for punishment!! By the way the one star was because I HAD to.

Why bother.....as another already stated they didn't listen before..why start now?

Management in Training doesn't exist

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Hartford, CT

I worked at FM Facility Maintenance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.

Cons

They completely lied about a management in training position. All it ended up being was a call center.

Don't like about a job description.

An experience

I worked at FM Facility Maintenance full-time

Pros

Co-workers, parking, cafe in the building, decent location

Cons

Opportunity for growth and upward movement within the company is very selective, and sometimes irrational. The micromanaging within the call center grew over the years and became extremely out of control and unprofessional. Call center operations/management team were not approachable and in some cases disrespectful. No opportunity for communication/interaction within the company or other departments. Poor pay and benefits. Lack of assistance from integral team members.

Improve training to incoming employees. Monitor and hold accountability to all members of the team to ensure everyone is doing their fair share. Work on increasing morale and create a more positive environment. Promote and encourage internal upward movement to those who express interest and excel in their current role. Lessen the micromanaging, treat employees with respect, and communicate effectively. Increase pay, benefits. Closer management on the accounts and issues that arise should be taken with more urgency and attention by vital team members.

Dynamic and Fast-Paced Work Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at FM Facility Maintenance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My experience at FM has been both challenging and positive. Through the years that I have been employed at FM, I have been able to grow in my career while learning new skill sets along the way.

Cons

I would like to see more structured training made available to current employees when they transition into a new role.

FM FACILITY MAINTENANCE

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at FM Facility Maintenance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Family atmosphere, hands on learning, challenging

Cons

Pay, long hours, difficult to get promoted unless you have an "in".

Respect your employees. Learn their jobs, and value them for the large amount of work they really do.

Summer Internship

I worked at FM Facility Maintenance

Pros

get to know the real professional business environment
    very nice people working together

Cons

the analytical part is not as what I expected, case by case reading is a little bit boring.

Reconsider your offer from FM Facility Maintenance.

I worked at FM Facility Maintenance

Pros

The employees welcome mentorship and direction.

Cons

Top management adopted a "do things not to lose" mentality rather than a "do things to win" strategy. The company has no sense of direction and its revenue models do not align with its competitive advantages making it a "how not to run a company" case study at any top 50 MBA program. It's management control systems are inadequate overall, and its internal controls are not effective or efficient and non-existent in some departments. It's organizational structure does not align with many of its goals and initiatives and the firm is held captive by both its suppliers and buyers. It expects its staff of around 100 employees to run the facility operations and associated back office procedures for all of its large publically traded clients, which forces the client facing staff to be on call 24/7. If you hold a reputable undergraduate or graduate degree, do not waste your time at FM Facility Maintenance. There is no room for growth and no initiative within the firm to provide industry leading experience or professional growth.

There is serious misalignment between firm strategy and your management control system, overall. You do not yet have the network of suppliers to obtain the leverage you require. On the flip side, even if you are able to grow your network, you will need to spend more capital to implement controls around your third-party supplier partners and find a way to mitigate their bargaining power over you if you decide to continue to market yourself as a cost leading strategy for your clients' facility service needs.

Middle of the road corporate business. Subpar pay and benefits.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I worked at FM Facility Maintenance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice office, decent coworkers. I had one manager in particular who was awesome.

Cons

Things went downhill when they starting outsourcing jobs to a company in Texas. Relationship with clients suffered and this was taken out on CT employees. I witnessed as they let people go for the littlest infractions just so they could get out of paying unemployment as they sent that person's job down to Texas.

Low compensation, benefits were subpar. No clear company values it was all about making money, even at the expense of their own employees' satisfaction.

Invest in people and you'll get more out of them.

FM Facility Maintenance Photos