FMC Technologies Reviews

Updated May 29, 2015
5 reviews filtered by
  • Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
3.8
FMC Technologies Chairman and CEO John T. Gremp
John T. Gremp

Pros
  • Good Company for Career Beginners, good work life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Great work environment and amazing group of people to work around (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • There is not much work/life balance for those in or advancing into management (in 4 reviews)

• Upper Management Had Problems Relating to their work force (in 6 reviews)

1. Very enjoyable job with good prospects

Current Employee - Graduate Engineer in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Graduate Engineer in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at FMC Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to work in various departments before becoming a design engineer after 2 years. Good benefits and pay, friendly workforce

Cons

No real cons as of yet, the only thing I could comment on is the occasional instance of not getting information on things such as pay structure bring made available.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in graduates as they have proven their worth in the past and are now very experienced employees.

2. Pity they don't value their loyal staff

Former Contractor - Anonymous in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)
    Former Contractor - Anonymous in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)

I worked at FMC Technologies as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Seemed like a good company, offering good holidays and benefits and offering to support growing with the business.

Cons

Do not support staff who are loyal, and talented. They have a "if your face does not fit" culture. Promote staff with no knowledge of the commodity they are to work with and ignoring internal staff with excellent experience.

Advice to Management

Management need to see the real talent they are constantly ignoring and promote the right people for the job. They do not promote older staff, forgetting the real difference these staff can make to a company and its operations.

3. Review March 2014

Current Employee - SAP Analyst in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - SAP Analyst in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at FMC Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good balance between work and personal life Trainning Good team colaboration

Cons

No car allowed Big level of middle-management

FMC Technologies, Dunfermline is not open for people from different backgrounds. You can feel insecurity during the work

Current Employee - Product Design Engineer in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Product Design Engineer in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at FMC Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good shop floor people - good pay good company with 25 % bad people - who are racist, not approachable

Cons

DIRTY politics - I had too loose my job because of the management and mainly becuase i was from non scottish background. People wont give you opportunity if you are from minority. Being English (White) I had many problems settling down. The people in Engineering are unfreindly and not welcoming. Me and my asian gf both had to loose the jobs because of some cheap comments people made on the personalities. Management failed to transfer our jobs to england or any other place.

Advice to Management

To be open-up for multicultural environment - Just dont say or write in code of conduct of 'equal opportunity' as it make no sense if your team fails to practice.

6. Its a very good company to work for!! I feel glad to be associated to this organisation.

Current Employee - Design Engineering in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Design Engineering in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at FMC Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay. good Facilities like - gym, Employee club, Canteen Good career development . Very good social life balance. flex time policy. good increment

Cons

Management polices and structure. No clear communication. No SKIP LEVELS. Less multicultural.

Advice to Management

considering the employee's thoughts and opinions. conducting SKIP LEVEL's and better organisation chart!

RSS Feed </> Embed