FMC Technologies

Updated Jul 7, 2014

FMC Technologies Chairman and CEO John T. Gremp

John T. Gremp

75 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

If anything, it's been an education. Having diversified cultures is great; and team building efforts are a plus.

Houston, TX

ProsContinuing Education Opportunities are aplenty; there a course for most anything related to FMC roles, especially safety.

ConsSome managers put their egos ahead of the compan, thus eliminating growth potential for some employees. Engineers are kings here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the office and into the front lines; learn about the worker's real needs, we already know what the shareholders want.

Marketing Communications Specialist

Marketing Communications Specialist (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsGreat company to work for because of the people and corporate culture

ConsA lot of growing pains within the internal organizations

I've enjoyed working here.

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsFMC is a great training environment for new engineers to the industry. FMC is the leader in the subsea equipment field, so there is a lot of opportunity to learn and contribute to substantial work. You're given a lot of responsibility right from the beginning. They are flexible with your hours so you can modify your working hours to earlier or later in the day. It's a casual work environment.

ConsPay for the same job is extremely variable. The bonus structure is laughable compared to other companies in the industry since it's based on company wide metrics with impossible requirements. Bonuses aren't based on individual performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward employees financially when they have shown initiative and out perform their peers. Give employees the opportunity to earn merit based bonuses.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inept HR department and total lack of management

Houston, TX

ProsThose not in management or HR get on with doing what they are paid to do, some talented people who are driven to do a good job as part of a team.

ConsManagers lie, HR lie, neither group is willing to be helpful and both appear to back each other up. I have never come across an organization so engaged with treating their employees so badly.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would not know where to begin as the problems are at all levels of management and unless it is their problem... they do not care. Sack those managers and HR staff who create more problems and issues than they resolve. How many people need to quit before you realise you have an issue.

Good experience but the controller was ill-patient and eager to kick me out of the company.

Intern (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

Prosgood future of the company!

Constoo much politics in various departments

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not play with interns!

Intern - Surface Design Engineer

Design Engineer (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsGreat working environment along with great pay. Always had something to work on.

ConsGetting a computer took a few weeks so I had nothing to do for a while.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Good company

Project Engineer (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsThe people are great, the work is fun and there is plenty of room to grow and move up in the company.

ConsThe bonus structure is terrible.

Overall a solid company with good intentions (for the most part); favoritism is pretty evident

Manager (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsGreat office environment and generally a laid back atmosphere. Depending on location, fairly modern facilities with good coffee. Managers and above have offices while others have cubicles. Subsea business is doing well. Open to hiring some positions from outside the industry.

ConsSubsea side of the business gets all the focus while Surface fails to compete with largest competitors. Salary is mediocre at best while bonus is WAY below industry standard!!! Management thinks benefits are competitive when they are not (substantial up front costs with huge deductibles and coverage is only 80%). Upper mgmt is old school and shows favoritism - very very clear. Generally folks are afraid of doing the right thing. Instead they are more concerned with how the political landscape will shape out. Mid-level managers with 15+ years of service appear to be stuck with little if any upward mobility, thus prompting them to look elsewhere or become lifers with dimenishing output.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management I've seen is arrogant and in denial to what really needs to be changed. There is a lack of accountability and showing favoritism to a few is extremely detrimental to the culture. HR should review compensation and make adjustments accordingly while lowering the bonuses of executives. Otherwise, employees will continue to gain experience and then bolt.

Busy but Rewarding.

Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsThe company atmosphere was great and I felt as if people wanted to be at work! There were many activities to get involved in both in and out of work. FMC provided the summer housing which was a huge bonus.

ConsI was constantly having to ask around to stay busy and what little work I could find had little value. I understand that I am an intern, however I have interned at other companies and specific projects were given to be completed... not at FMC.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome better at communication.

Dysfunctional family

CNC Machinist (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsBusiness outlook is very promising.

ConsManagement has their heads in the sand.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for FMC Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

FMC Technologies Videos

FMC Technologies – Why Work for Us?

FMC Technologies, Inc. is a leading global supplier of technologically sophisticated solutions for the energy industry. The Company was spun out of FMC Corporation in 2001 and since that time has seen significant growth… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FMC Technologies reviews and ratings in Houston, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FMC Technologies CEO John T. Gremp. All 75 reviews posted anonymously by FMC Technologies employees.