FMQAI

FMQAI Reviews

Updated May 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good, solid company to work for

ProsCompassionate management who appreciate their employees. Even during tuff times my manager made sure we were well informed and tried their best to take care of us.

ConsBeing a federal contract, work can be unpredictable. But there is a lot of opportunity to move within the company onto different contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider more employee/management bonding, the fun stuff! Quarterly all staff meetings would also be a good communication tool.

Get a Clue

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits, Fellow employees, Location
    Working Hours

ConsNon existent executive leadership from Tampa and AZ office.
    "Directors" mistreat "staff"
    Toxic environment. Decisions based on people who are liked and "approved" by "upper management"
    HR is of no assistance to employees, too busy buttering up.

Advice to Senior ManagementSecrets that divide staff and cause poor morale is not leadership.
    The grapevine is the main communication channel.
    Overhead paging people to the CEO office "immediately" is unprofessional and uncalled for.
    Leadership is not a party with corporate office visitors at the expense of employee livelihoods. Tampa is a small town community, "upper management" should be more careful about where they party and discuss "staff."

Toxic, paranoid work environment

Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsSalary was competitive, benefits were fantastic, location was convenient, great technology and fantastic people to work with for the most part.

ConsThings have gone seriously downhill since the CEO left the company after "retiring" earlier than expected. Morale is terrible, management is non-existent, layoffs happen all the time, job descriptions don't match the work involved, upper management very secretive.

Advice to Senior ManagementWouldn't even know where to begin. Work on communicating better with your employees and forming a better relationship with your AZ and CA counterparts.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Toxic work environment

Reviewer (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsCompetitive salary and good benefits.

ConsThe senior management has a serious lack of ethics - they put profit over people. This lack of leadership translates to a working atmosphere that fosters suspicion and incredible stress among employees. Decisions about processes and staff functions are made without concern or knowledge about the existing processes - this results in poor staff utilization and bad morale. Example: people with college degrees (BA, BS, Master's degrees) doing tasks such as typing, scheduling, and basic reports that could be done by administrative assistants.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro-managing everything. Allow middle managers to do their job. Until you value the human beings who work for you, your business will never succeed.

Great opportunity to work with a government contract.

Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsAwesome growth potential is always present.

ConsThere are no negative comments.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management is always supportive of employees.

Lacks Ethical Compass

Associate (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe associates work hard despite management's lack of vision, funding and ethics. For those individuals interested in being paid based on fixed scales (including annual raises) rather than individual contribution, and thrive in an environment of under funding and limited resources this is the right company.

ConsThere is a top down emphasis on profit over accountability, honesty and ethics. Associates are asked to work long hours and travel without adequate reimbursement. A culture of petty rivalry, disparagement and condemnation is prevalent in management. Associates are typically assigned to State and Federal contracts, so there is no job security or real opportunity for career advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate your business practices against your mission statement: "FMQAI champions patient-centeredness, effectiveness, efficiency, equity, and timeliness of health services with patients, providers, health plans, practitioners, and government to improve the quality and safety of healthcare services, and thereby, the quality of life of patients."

Review Analyst - reviews/triages incoming Medicare complaints to determine appropriate intervention.

Review Analyst (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe company has a Competitive salary.

ConsThe company is disorganized with no training.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's get professional, review your business needs and develop adequate training to meet those needs.

Worked for FMQAI? Contribute to the Community!