FOX Broadcasting

www.fox.com

FOX Broadcasting Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Peter Rice

Pros
  • If you like super fast paced, then this is a great place to work(in 6 reviews)

• Interesting to walk through a studio lot and see them film TV shows(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the environment is so fast-paced and changes so rapidly, the work-life balance is difficult(in 3 reviews)

• Fox is not for everyone, people who are not dedicated to producing the finest and most professional product may find Fox's work environment tough(in 3 reviews)

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are top notch.

ConsIt's in decline and doesn't seem to know how to rebound.

Learn about the industry quickly, and hands on

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsLearn a lot about the industry, jobs are what you make of them, respectable broadcast network, great mid level employees / most upper level,

ConsMicromanaged, office politics, closed door policy, typical corporate work environment, hard work not always appreciated, systems are very out dated

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate responsibilites

Great Internship Experience

Internship (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsWorking in the broadcasting field can be very exciting. This opportunity provided a great view behind the scenes of television and movies. The internship experiences varied, depending on the department, but most of the programs were invaluable and worked towards building up the interns.

ConsSome of the bureaucracy was challenging. The relationship between the very high up management and the direct management was chaotic at times and I found that the firm decisions being passed down from very high up were sometimes out of focus with the scope of the problems being faced at the lowest levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe directors and VPs seemed to have a good grasp on things and seemed to be really invested in making great choices and plans. My advice to the upper management is to be more receptive to the information coming from the average workers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Clueless

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsNice campus, good benefits, non-management employees are great to work with

ConsMost of the execs are clueless as to what their departments actually do, they seems to forget that this is an entertainment company not a finance company

Advice to Senior ManagementFind execs who are enthusiastic about their jobs as opposed to the current ones who are just occupying space.

You get out of it what you put in

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you're willing to really step up and take on extra work / responsibility, you can parlay that to greater opportunities later on. I learned more there than I did at any other employer, but I had to own that and not expect others to look out for me.

ConsYou need to manage this well, so that you don't get taken advantage of. Somewhat cut-throat environment at times, which I think would bother some people more than others. As with anything in entertainment, the pay isn't great, but I do think that Fox in particular tries to underpay.

Advice to Senior ManagementLowball salary offers might save you money in the short-term, but in the long-term you'll only be able to attract mediocre talent (the "Bs" and "Cs") as your staff will get poached with higher salary offers from competitors.

Very appreciative Legal Intern

Legal Intern (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsYou really feel like you are part of the Fox family, even as an intern. Fox went above and beyond to offer Q&A panel discussions with the executives so that us interns could learn from them and get motivated to work for such a great company, including a Q&A with Mr. Pete Rice. Fox had the best summer BBQs where they closed down the lot and people would mingle. I was paid as a Legal Intern which felt incredible and made me feel appreciated. It was the only internship where someone took the time to go over the agreements I have been working on so I could really learn.

ConsTrying to get a job there has been difficult but that is how it is at all the studios since they are so highly sought after.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. The executive I worked under and all those I was introduced to were extremely friendly, approachable, talented and passionate about what they do.

extra-employment opportunities abound, while specific professional development lacks or is non-existent.

Coordinator (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosa lot of opportunities to succeed outside of your job if you have the time and your supervisor allows it.

Consthere is not much opportunity to be rewarded for excelling at job. not quite a meritocracy despite highly touted examples.

Advice to Senior Managementnot all great ideas and employees will come from somewhere else.

Resolving a System performance problem.

Performance Consultant (Former Employee) Century City, CA

ProsThe people were a mix: mostly nice, some incompetent deadweight, and the obligatory nasty piece of work.

ConsThey have a very fragmented environment. Little cross silo integration. They are driven by ad-hoc projects rather than an overarching strategic plan or even goals. And, their development process is unbelievably immature.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou really need strategic leadership. Executives who can cut costs by eliminating duplication, inefficiency, and waste. And specifically, these strategists need to be hard-core technologists.

Pleasant experience, would recommend company and I look to return to it one day

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosgood working atmosphere. comfortable office culture,

ConsLimited opportunity to grow, unfair compensation.

A steady paycheck

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSteady paycheck is always a plus, there are a few good people here that really believe in what they do and remember that creating entertainment IS the backbone of the company. Learn what you can where you can.

ConsThere are many people pushing there way for larger titles and delivering numbers, but are forgetting having a product people want is what ultimately leads to success. Scheduling a vacation can be a nightmare as you are expected to be around even when you aren't.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees as valued assets that they are.

Worked for FOX Broadcasting? Contribute to the Community!