FPI Management Reviews

Dennis Treadaway

1. Assistant Community Director

Former Employee - Assistant Community Director in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Community Director in Boston, MA

I worked at FPI Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office setting, large network, and plenty of other propoerties to work for if request was made.

Cons

Medical benefits take too long to begin, pay is not competitive enough, and staffing changes constantly making it difficult to secure a consistent team.

Advice to Management

I know there are so many employees and it is difficult to manage so many people, but better on-site training and benefits to keep employees feeling appreciated since pay is lower than competition.

To Those who are giving bad reviews...

Current Employee - Community Director
    Current Employee - Community Director

Pros

Seen some bad reviews on glass door about FPI Mgt and noticed one thing in common with all those people who are complaining about getting a raise or getting promoted; grammar and spelling issues. Why would someone want to hire you if you can't be professional enough to be able to deal with high -end clients? Brush up on your English, don't be lazy and you will be noticed and promoted.

Cons

No cons at the moment.

3. LOVE WORKING FOR FPI!!

Pros

I Absolutely love working for FPI!! I've been working with them for almost a year and i haven't had any problems yet. Definitely would recommend to others who want to work in property management.

Cons

I have no down sides.

Advice to Management

No advice to management.

5. Maintenance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I worked at FPI Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for

Cons

Some Manager are hard to work with

Advice to Management

Train Managers Better

Love this company

Pros

Strong support from upper management, lots of room for advancement, feels like a family

Cons

No 401K match, dependent benefits are expensive (however little to no cost for employee). No others that I can see.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your employees and lead by example. I have made it with this company by my hard work and determination. I enjoy working for FPI so much that I have referred my friends to apply and work with us as well. I would recommend this company to anyone that has strong core values and appreciates that hard work = success!

It is not what you know but, who you know at this company.

I have been working at FPI Management full-time

Pros

Pay is good and training is available every year. Good benefits if you do not have any dependents

Cons

If you need something something from your RPM don't count on a return phone call or answer to an email until you have stalked them to death and they must reply. No property walks or monthly visits.Be sure to make yourself look like a barbie doll and you will get noticed and most likely a better position. You do not get noticed for all of your hard work above and beyond your regular job requirements.

Advice to Management

While at a site visit it would be nice if you could put your phone down and actually listen to the person talking to you instead of making them feel ignored

8. Leasing Cosultant

I worked at FPI Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some communities and the directors were great to work for and you could earn bonuses and rent concessions.

Cons

Expected me to clean dead roaches and mice feces in order to rent out apartments. They did not care about your safety and would send you alone to communities with security issues. The managers were verbally abusive and would blame the leasing consultants if their numbers did not look good even if that consultant had not been there. They could send you from Modesto to Manteca or Stockton with no notice and would only pay you for part of the mileage.

9. Honest review

I worked at FPI Management full-time

Pros

Medical, dental and vision benefits.

Cons

South Bay sites has high employee turnover rates because they don't pay employees what their worth until they quit. Promotions are based on who you are, not what you've done or how long you've been with the company. No raises at the end of the year either. Some employees get paid too much and many get paid way too low. Lastly, if you have a college degree, look elsewhere because FPI does not value education. You get paid the same with or without a degree. No tuition reimbursement either. Entry level job, no raises until you threaten to quit!

Advice to Management

Value your employees! They are the company's biggest assets. Focus more on employee retention and be fair when it comes to promotions. Give employees a 3%-5% increase annually that they work hard for and look forward to.

The perfect company for masochists.

Former Employee - Portfolio Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Portfolio Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at FPI Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Absolutely No pros whatsoever.

Cons

Walk the walk, talk the talk, but don't do anything. That's the regional managers in a nutshell. Paid to demean others while looking good. If you're a masochist, this is the company for you. They'll work you to death, underpay you and replace you in a heartbeat. Monstrous company.

Advice to Management

Wise up. Treat your employees better and maybe they'll treat the company, its employees and residents better in return.

Community Director

Current Employee - Community Director in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Community Director in Sacramento, CA

Pros

The company as a whole is supportive of each other. Sister communities work together to help each other out... I've been lucky to have advancement opportunities in a relatively short amount of time. The benefits are decent, but like most property management companies, they do not match 401k.

Cons

They will low ball you on pay... Even if you have the experience and they are budgeted to offer you more. If they can get you at the lowest of the low, they will do it. It can definitely be all about who you know or end up working for- out of luck, that will move you up in this company. But with pretty much any job, it comes down to politics right?

Advice to Management

Things could be more of the same across the board- no matter what property you work at with FPI. Pay your employees what they are worth without trying to save the extra dollars to make yourself look better to the owner. Employees who work hard and feel appreciated and adequately compensated, will ultimately run your properties better and represent the company well.

RSS Feed </> Embed