FPI Management

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dennis Treadaway

Great company!

ProsGreat co-workers, positive working environment, great salary, I have had great support from management and a wonderful experience working here so far.

ConsWorking weekends can be hard, but has to be expected in a customer service oriented industry.

Great benefits and supportive management

ProsUpper management was very supportive and open to new ideas. The company offered great benefits and provided training to all employees.

ConsThere is not much career growth in the company and had to work weekends.

Okay, but not impressed.

Leasing Consultant (Current Employee)

Pros- Good training
    - My direct colleagues were fantastic
    - Well-known company
    - My property owners were okay.

Cons- no recognition for a job well done.
    -have to deal with rude, pissed off residents on a daily basis
    - jerked around and lied to about trying to get anywhere in the company
    - corporate is SO out of touch with what each individual properties needs are. They think that they can make
        decisions from behind a desk without stepping foot on the property.
    - Promotions are definitely based on who you know and not what you know.
    - Work weekends and holidays
    - No raises- EVER!
    - No work-life balance if you live on-site. You will have residents bugging you at all times of the day/night.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace more power in the hands of on-site staff and less in the hands of corporate know-it-all's and PM's that never visit their property. Compensate the employees that bring more knowledge and experience to the game. You're only screwing yourselves out of having great employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst company ever!!

Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) Victorville, CA

ProsLiving on site is the only pro I can think of?? Oh and management may buy you lunch every now and then

ConsHave to work overtime with no pay, sexual harassment and retaliation. Corporate sucks and backs their supervisors and upper management. They do not care about employees and the hard work they put in. I was sexually harassed by my manager the entire time I worked for them! I reported it and they told him. After that he set me up to get fired and told everyone that I told on him! Worst experience ever!!!!!!!! Stay away they work you long hard hours but don't pay you for it! I hate FPI and don't recommend to anyone!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a whole new line up!! Corporate included..

Property Manager

Property Manager (Former Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsCoworkers were all very friendly when I worked there. Company also provides good training to employees. They use an online softwear program to teach you the in's and out's of property management. Great discount if living on-site in one of their properties.

ConsSometimes decisions were made very quickly by upper management...like the office is moving to another location in the building tomorrow and your team will be doing the moving.

Lackluster Experience

Community Director (Former Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsInteraction with upper management, annual managers meeting, bills paid on time, great accounting department, intranet and forms

ConsRegionals misuse employees, pay is low, little room for advancement, upper management is cookie cutter Barbie doll image, zero minority representation in upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify, closer oversight of Regional Managers is needed

Great Company! Best property Management

ProsThe company is a great company to work for. The training you receive and one of the best companies I have worked for. Great pay and great benefits

ConsBeing that it is a management company depending on the owner of the property you may or may not receive bonuses. However you will always be taken care of as far as pay is concerned.

Worst experience in a 15 year history of property management.

Property Manager (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThere are no good reasons to work here, unless you are a glutton for punishment. This company will work you to burnout then chew you up and spit you out.

ConsHorrible upper management. All they do is make unreasonable demands in an unpleasant manner, and delegate everything so that the portfolio managers are overworked and miserable.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a grip on who you have representing you. Hire some people who don't just walk the walk and talk the talk. Make regional managers accountable and learn to treat employees like human beings rather than lowly peons, or slaves.

Favoring Others

Leasing Agent (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros*Great base pay
    *Commissions
    *Be able to walk throughout the day for tours or property checks

Cons*No minor commission on leases that don't fall through due to applicants
    *Structure but enforced on those who are being favored
    *You can move up if you are being favored
    *In my property, the assistant director gets to change days more often to get weekend or at least on day of the weekend.
    *They don't train well and tough to move up when you are not favored

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should have the staff train well. They should not have favorites even if someone has been there longer. Sad to see how people change due to there titles or possible title they want to achieve. If you try to get information of your benefits or 401k or any type of employee benefit, it takes for ever and they don't clarify. If you don't ask, they don't discuss. They just hand you papers with general information that still leads to unanswered questions.

Regional Managers highly unqualified

Community Director (Current Employee)

ProsI was recognized for working very hard and was promoted very quickly.

ConsOur regional manager is given far too much freedom and power. Since working under her both myself and my employees have been working in a highly abusive and toxic environment. We all work incredibly hard and feel that when she calls or stops by she takes the wind out of our sails. She is always angry and will literally cuss and yell if we contact her with a small question or are in need of minimal assistance. Along with this we receive no credit for our hard efforts because she takes full responsibility for all of our acheivements. I have hit a wall and am now seeking employment elsewhere as are my co-workers. They sent the community directors a survey to rate their Portfolio Manager and it stated that it was anonomous but she mentioned to an employee that she can get access to this information as she has worked for the company for years and has friends within the corporate office. Past employees of hers stated that if you go to HR she will leave you alone for a short period of time and she will then bully you until you resign.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough an employee has been with your company for several years this time does not make for a good employee. Hold higher qualifications for your Portfolio Managers. E.G. college education. Listen in on their phone calls with employees to verify there is no abusive occuring. Directors should give them more supervision.

Worked for FPI Management? Contribute to the Community!