FPL Food Reviews

1 Rating

1. Not very pleasant.

Current Employee - Grinder and Supply Room Attendant
    Current Employee - Grinder and Supply Room Attendant

I have been working at FPL Food full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Just to have a source of income.

Cons

Poor pay, no employee recongition

2. NO LOYALTY from Owner, NO LOYALTY from Staff.

Former Employee - Employee in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Employee in Augusta, GA

I worked at FPL Food full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Better than unemployment, if you want to learn first hand what not to do as a management employee; this is the place.

Cons

High Turnover; No Loyalty from Owner; most unprofessional place I have ever worked; owner very "wishy washy" making decisions. Managers and supervisors are disrespectful, unprofessional, and Vulgur. Any woman that works here better be on Birth Control Pills; supervisors an managers and quid-pro-quo are excercised daily. NOT A SAFE PLACE TO WORK; ldon;t take my word for it, ook at the FPL Food numbers with OSHA for 2013. already had one ammonia leak; several hospitalized; AMMONIA hazards are still a strong posibility at this very old and very dangerous plant. Building is 95 years old; unsafe to work here.

Advice to Management

Best advice is to make a business plan for the company and stick to it; stop being swayed by every "blip" on the screen (Chasing your tail). Make the environment professional, respectful, and dignified for all employees. Hold sales managers accoutable for any business segment that fails; get a customer committment before accepting an order. YOUR NOT MAKING COOKIES.

3. Not a good place to work

Former Employee - Hourly in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Hourly in Augusta, GA

I worked at FPL Food full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Having a job until a better one comes along

Cons

FPL Food is just a job until a better one comes along there is no advancement opportunities, low pay, high insurance that does not cover hardly anything, 401K is even worse. Manager and Supervisors are very unprofessional. I have seen a manger cuss out an employee at FPL and senoir management just stands by. Most employees do not like working there because of management thats why there turn over rate is so high.

Advice to Management

My advice is to the owner fired all your senoir management and hire people with more experience and education.

5. Do not work there!

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Augusta, GA

I worked at FPL Food full-time (more than a year)

Pros

No Pros for FPL Food LLC. Avoid FPL Food LLC and their products. You are taking a chance if you eat beef from there.

Cons

Low pay, no breaks, management treats the workers like slaves, very high turnover rate, and 32 hours a week..

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect. You don't and thats why management has their own secure parking area. They are scared someone will damage their car. And they should be scared because of the way they treat people.

6. Don tread here...

Current Employee - Maintenance Tech in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Tech in Augusta, GA

I have been working at FPL Food

Pros

No pros really, just needed a job and this was avaliable. Not a bad place but no what I thought I would be doing.

Cons

The schedule is not worker and family friendly and the smell from the rendering plant will take your breath especially in the summer time.

Advice to Management

Treat low level employees with a little respect. Be supportive of schedule changes and do them while thinking how it will affect people.

7. FPL Food

Former Employee - Transportati On Manager in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Transportati On Manager in Augusta, GA

I worked at FPL Food

Pros

Meeting a few good people who were very dedicated to the job.

Cons

Huge turnover in upper management. I saw more than eighteen key managers leave in an eighteen month period.

Never saw a bonus during my tenure.

Not much reinvestment of capitol into the older equipment which created daily breakdowns.

Advice to Management

One person cannot always be right while having ten or more managers who feel that they will always be wrong.