FUJIFILM Medical Systems Reviews

57 reviews filtered by
2.8
FUJIFILM Medical Systems President & CEO Fujifilm Holdings Shigetaka Komori
Shigetaka Komori

Pros
  • Latest technology, flexible work hours, agile environment (in 4 reviews)

• Great bunch of people to work with, good benefits, great lower level management (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much room for advancement, and promotions are bare (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't know software dev process at all (in 4 reviews)

1. Was a awesome place to work but since sales have drop and new management. New model of Slim and Strong.

I worked at FUJIFILM Medical Systems

Pros

Great people and good benefits

Cons

Lack of leader ship for SR Management

2. Excellent!

I worked at FUJIFILM Medical Systems

Pros

Freedom to work independently and creatively.

Cons

Ticketing micro, not enough automation on daily admin.

None

3. Work you till you are burned out and beyond

I worked at FUJIFILM Medical Systems

Pros

Good benefits, some good coworkers

Cons

Its such a dog eat dog environment that you constantly watch your back around other coworkers and management. Everybody is on edge and will just as well throw you under the bus to make themselves look good than help you.

5. Very Good Company with great people

Former Employee - Product Manager
    Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at FUJIFILM Medical Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company truly felt like a very family oriented environment. Appreciated your skills and gave you many opportunities to try different areas of work. Very good leadership.

Cons

Could use better mentoring program for talent they want to grow and evolve to leadership. Difficult to advance as not a lot of growth of new positions.

Continue being good to employees. I can only say good things about working for Fujifilm Medical.

More layoffs coming for Fujifilm Medical Systems. Run away, find a more stable company

I worked at FUJIFILM Medical Systems

Pros

Great people trying to make a difference.

Cons

The company is beyond saving now.

7. No opportunity to grow

I have been working at FUJIFILM Medical Systems

Pros

The job is secure and straight forward. Flexible hours.

Cons

Positions and benefits are shuffeled between HR and higher level management and thre are litle to no opportunities to grow. However the company is not short on promises

Dysfunctional organization with very poor practices

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Stamford, CT

I worked at FUJIFILM Medical Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Salary and health care benefits. There are no other benefits: no training or educational opportunities, little opportunity for advancement, and a complete lack of growth or personal development. Take the money. Enjoy the benefits. Just don't expect to do anything great in the dysfunctional environment of this tired company.

Cons

Extremely dysfunctional groups that fail to cooperate in any way with one another. It is extremely difficult to get information or support from within the organization, leaving clients without adequate support. Absolutely the poorest management, pitting employees against one another and showing no interest in improving employee relations, customer satisfaction, or corporate growth. There is an absolute dearth of skills in any of the managerial ranks. Finally, a human resources group that is much less than competent. It is very much a 1950s Japanese conglomerate run by people with a 1950s factory view of employee relations and business. The best experience I had was leaving, and leaving quickly.

Learn something, anything, even just one thing about managing employees effectively and then apply it. Then take similar steps to learn and support the needs of what few customers you still have... before it is too late.

Very nice people, nice building, good pay, good benefits, interesting work.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at FUJIFILM Medical Systems full-time

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, pressure level is about average. The work is interesting and the software is quite impressive.

Cons

Training on products for new hires is of the "sink or swim" variety. If you ask for training and someone is available they are happy to help out, but there is little in the way of a formal process of familiarizing new hires with the products (it's basically, go read these docs, which happen to be contradictory, out of date and/or incomplete). Much tribal knowledge. If you are not comfortable figuring things out you will struggle.

Formal training plans for new hires would pay for themselves in spades.

I got fired

Former Employee - Customer Solutions Engineer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Solutions Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at FUJIFILM Medical Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I got fired on a Friday, just before lunchtime. No one stood over me as I gathered my coffee mug and my photos, I wasn’t escorted out of the door. I said two goodbyes, covertly, outside the office building. The actual firing was all done over the phone and they told me I didn’t have to finish the day, as though they were doing me a favor. A quiet rage made my hands shake as I said “Thank you for your time” and put down the receiver.

Cons

While the people at FMSU were terrific to work with, I felt that the opportunities for me there were limited by the structure and size of the company. I believe that a larger company with an multi modality presence can offer challenges, as well as opportunities unavailable at a smaller firm. The position with this company is a great match for my skill set, and I feel that I would be an asset in your marketing (or HR or IT) department.

One of the reasons I am leaving is that I felt I was not challenged enough at the job. As a new employee in the working world, the company offers a great opportunity for a good entry level position. However, after being there for so many years, I felt I was not able to reach my full potential because of the lack of challenge and there was no room for advancement in the company. While I did enjoy working there and appreciate the skills I developed while with the company, I feel my skill set can be better utilized elsewhere, where my capabilities are more recognized and there is the opportunity for growth.

11. great times at FMSU

I worked at FUJIFILM Medical Systems

Pros

family atmosphere worked with some great people

Cons

issues with Japan and service