FUJIFILM North America
www.fujifilmusa.com Valhalla, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

FUJIFILM North America Reviews

Updated Mar 27, 2014
FUJIFILM North America – Edison – “FujiFilm U.S.A”

Ryutaro (Ray) Hosoda

Fujifilm was a top tier employer for many years.

ProsGreat products, good people and a company that Employees were proud to represent.

ConsMany of the products are at the end of their life cycle, the company has not done a good job of replacing these items with relevant products for "today".

Overall okay

Manager (Former Employee)
    Cypress, CA

ProsNice people, structured. Good benefits. Steady company, was not going to fold overnight. Established procedures.

ConsNo pay advancement of any note. big company bought smaller company, got rid of some good people.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up a little and let people be people

I really enjoyed the sales aspect of working for Fujifilm.

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Lansing, MI

ProsThe company itself, along with a lot of great people.

ConsThe Performance sales goals were set too high for the economy.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Accounting Department

Accounting Specialist (Former Employee)
    Greenwood, SC

ProsI gained substantial experience in manufacturing accounting as well as international business. Great group of people to work with

ConsI do not have any negative thing to say about the company

Good company

Digital Support Representative (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsAfter the Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan the company quickly rebuilt. The process which was thought to take much longer was recuperated fairly quickly. Most things were operational.

ConsThere isn't anything wrong that I can think of. I believe that they always try to improve what they have out there.

I have fond memories and appreciation of my time at Fujifilm

Vice President International Sales (Former Employee)
    Valhalla, NY

ProsHigh technology company, forward thinking with great people.

ConsThere was sometimes a disconnect between headquarters in Tokyo and subsidiaries in other parts of the world

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the long-term impact of your decisions before making them

Good company in troubled times. Lacks top down direction. Very low morale.

Director (Current Employee)
    Valhalla, NY

ProsGenerally great products. Good people. Large business portfolio.

ConsUnder-resourced and under staffed. High stress work environment. Senior Management looks at lower levels to help set strategy while failing to provide top down strategy or set priorities at the top levels. There is either a complete lack of recognition of the extremely low employee morale, or Senior Management and HR don't care as it could be a method of attrition. There is no investment in employees, training or development.

Advice to Senior ManagementHard, strategy setting needs to be done at the top, not just by middle management. Employees should be valued and respected. Everyone is expected to do way too much with very limited resources which, at a certain stage, becomes a recipe for a downward spiral, not a recipe for increased productivity.

"Glad to be working "

Administrative (Current Employee)
    Edison, NJ

ProsAll around I guess if need to work don't have a family the money is great .

ConsIt is a relax job to work at

Absolutely outstanding, which is why I stayed there for 28 years!

Special Accounts Manager - Government Markets (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsExcellent products, great people and family-like working environment. I've had some knuckleheaded bosses over the years, (as can be expected anywhere), but of the 10 that I've served, 6 were very good to outstanding! I really learned good management techniques at FUJIFILM, and the company was extremely supportive of my efforts there. They enabled me to support my customers to the fullest, even when it was not in the best interest of the company short-term. Hence long-term customer relationships could be established, if the sales person initiated and maintained them.

ConsThe few bosses that I had who were less than stellar, were in fact terrible! There were at one time some unscrupulous sales people who were allowed to poison the market in terms of profitability. Fortunately, they are all gone due to the necessary downsizing as the market morphed digital. This brings up the second negative, there are no job pportunities at FUJIFILM right now, at least in the sales and marketing areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what your doing. I have the highest respect for you, and believe that the company will not only survive the current market situation, (both general and photo specific), but will find a way to thrive. FUJIFILM products are second to know, your leadership is stellar, and as you right-size the workforce, you'll become increasingly effective.

Once a great company - now a shell of its former self.

Digital Support Representative (Former Employee)
    Valhalla, NY

ProsCo workers are amount the most experienced in the industry
    Products are most often the best in the industry
    Respected name in the industry

ConsThe business has completely stagnated due in large part to a dying industry that the company has failed to adapt to. There is no real mobility for young talent in the company and as a result, there have been no new ideas generated in years. Advancement is almost non-existant. Raises have historically been weak, which in the days of stable employment could almost be excused, but are now only supported in the face if a weak labor market. The professional market has been largely conceded to the competition and if it isn't a big box retailer, the executives in the company don't seem to take much interest.
    Many key competencies - smaller dollar sales, call center, field service, warehousing and distribution - have been outsouced to third party vendors with mixed results.
    Communication from the executive level to front-line employees is non-existant. Long-term strategy is haphazard at best, so alignment of the department goals to corporate goals is unfulfilled.

Advice to Senior ManagementInject new blood
    Let go of gimmicky employee-recognition programs that serve to demotivate rather than motivate. Do a better job of recognizing employees that are capable of taking the company in new directions.
    Be more entrepreneurial and less like an ordinary off shore office of the holding company.

Worked for FUJIFILM North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FUJIFILM North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FUJIFILM North America CEO Ryutaro (Ray) Hosoda. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by FUJIFILM North America employees.