FUJIFILM SonoSite Reviews

Reset
2.5
Masayuki Higuchi
1 Rating

1. Innovative and Passionate!

Current Employee - Engineer in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Bothell, WA

I have been working at FUJIFILM SonoSite full-time

Pros

The people are passionate and believe anything is possible! "it can't be done" IS NOT in the vocabulary here. Yes, we have been stagnate for several years but that has brought about innovative ideas and the ability to see them through. Being acquired by FUJIFILM has allowed us to think forward and make it happen. Great benefits, great open concept floor plan, and a great team of people

Cons

Communication could be improved between levels of management. No telecommuting. Work life balance needs to be a reality and that includes telecommuting one or two days a week.

Advice to Management

Engage the employees. Get out of your comfortable lunch groups and get to know the employees by sitting with them at lunch. Talk to them in the break room. Listent o them and then Learn how to motivate them. You'll be surprised what happens!

2. working at sonosite has its monents

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Everett, WA

I worked at FUJIFILM SonoSite (Less than a year)

Pros

good product, location and work hours.

Cons

management needs to respect their employees and provide them positive feedback and let them grow

Advice to Management

value your employees more

3. Good Product, Some good people, but definitely a company looking out only for itself

Former Employee - Clinical Applications Specialist in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Clinical Applications Specialist in Birmingham, AL

I worked at FUJIFILM SonoSite (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good products for the most part

Cons

Unrealistic quotas placed on territory sales set you up to fail Sneaky changes in company policy are not communicated well to all Does not value employees as human contributors only as a company resource which can be discarded No real advancement possible unless you are a part of the "old" company cliche

5. Industrial Designer

I have been working at FUJIFILM SonoSite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Experience Design Team (XDT) is a small but talented group that works to design all the touch points between our brand and users. The group is mainly comprised of UX / UI, ID, HF, and user docs. The company as a whole tends to take an empathic view of NPD and values research and exploration. The XDT team is young but has made huge progress in its first few years under strong leadership. The group is creative, fun, and driven with a shared vision and goal to make our products truly great. We have great resources, a beautiful studio, and leadership that empowers team members to do their best work. More than anything, working to define the future of a potentially lifesaving product is extremely rewarding.

Cons

The only cons I have experienced so far are consistent with working at any technology driven organization and not exclusive to Sonosite.

6. Senior Accountant

Former Employee - N/A in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - N/A in Bothell, WA

I worked at FUJIFILM SonoSite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Great exposure to International accounting.

Cons

Fuji culture is much different than American job culture. Fewer benefits, more work - less time to get it done.

Don't Work Here

I have been working at FUJIFILM SonoSite full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great products & very smart people.

Cons

Directionless & hemorrhaging talent. Never before have I've seen so many depressed people at one company.

Advice to Management

Get a new American CEO who knows how to motivate and lead.

Revolving Door. No direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at FUJIFILM SonoSite

Pros

Medical/dental plan, T&E expenses, flexibility in schedule

Cons

This company continues to change positions, products, programs, benefits. No stability. Management is poor. No guidance. High turn over in sales dept.

Advice to Management

Provide employees with proper training and guidance to do their job. Don't keep changing their path every couple months and taking benefits away.

Has been terrible, but may be looking up.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at FUJIFILM SonoSite full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Still somewhat of a small business feel, new CEO may lead to a less toxic environment, flexible work schedule, not located in Seatle or Bellevue. Leadership is going through leadership training classes after our first ever 360 degree revews this year.

Cons

Poor executive leadership, they seem out of touch from reality, lack clear vision and seem il equipped to inspire and LEAD their teams to success, and when goals aren't met, lay-offs and blame shifting ensues. They yell and bark orders and then hope their teams pick up the slack, and then won't stand up for you when higher ups begin asking questions. Also, due to poor leadership there is a poor product portfolio, which has lead to a revenue problem, so don't plan to get pay raises.

Advice to Management

Take some notes and learn from great leaders in other companies and throughout history, then do what they do/did.

10. I had a wonderful experience with Fujifilm Sonosite. Treated employees very well.

Former Employee - Customer Support in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Bothell, WA

I worked at FUJIFILM SonoSite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always happy to help employees with different hours (because of family), if you worked hard promotions were available.

Cons

I learned to multitask with ease. Answering all inbound calls while working with purchase orders, complaints, lost shipments. I was the only person in my dept for the last 1 1/2 I was there, with a back up if needed. I handled the dept myself with ease.

Advice to Management

My manager was always there for you if you needed help and it seemed to be the way all managers were.

Lost and stolen vision, traded for a bigger bonus and poor quality

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I worked at FUJIFILM SonoSite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entering point into the medical device industry.

Cons

Since Sonosite was bought out the company has become unrecognizable, they have sold off / lost / outsourced most of their talent team of professionals here in the United States. The Facilities have been downgraded as well as the product quality itself. The mentality of a wonderful startup focusing on High end innovative technology has been sold, keep moving.

Advice to Management

The passion and vision this company once had is missing, this company needs to remember the quality of it's products matters just as much as the price tag.

RSS Feed </> Embed