Faber Maunsell Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
CEO

1. On the whole a good company.

Former Employee - Finance in Saint Albans, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Finance in Saint Albans, England (UK)

I worked at Faber Maunsell

Pros

A successful company with good, fexible benefits and good contributions to charity and community projects. Some great people and some great projects (e.g. British Antartic Survey station), nice office locations in St Albans and Hatton Garden, London.

Cons

Working as part of Central Services (Finance, IT, HR, Marketing etc), as opposed to one of the "technical" divisions (Enviroment, Transport, Buildings) sometimes felt like we were the forgotten division. It seemed like our successes, hard work and contribution to the business was not always recognised and celebrated in the same way as directly fee-earning successes.
    A large project in 2007/2008 put a lot of strain on Finance staff and we were pushed to the limits in a way that felt unncessary and not fully recognised by senior directors.

Advice to Management

On the whole this is a good company to work for. Make sure everyone gets appraisals when they're meant to (whatever is going on at the time). Make sure when jobs change that staff and their colleagues are clear on the nature of the requirements for the new set up. Make sure every job is valued, even those not directly fee-earning.

2. Faber Maunsell: Challenging but fun

Current Employee - Graduate Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Graduate Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Faber Maunsell

Pros

Friendly culture, technical excellence and a challenging work. the work I do is varried and I feel as if I'm making a difference. Sustainability and environmental concenrs are a conerstone of everything we do. a lot of our work invoilves dealing with people and working out technical solutions to challenging problems.

Overall the company culture is centered around the employees. We are all actively engaged in creating a great company and there are many channels for communicating with the senior management such as the national employee forum, tell ken (our CEO) and international discussion forums. I have met most of the senior management and have voiced concerns to them in person.

the company also cares for us socially by providing an employee assistance programme and giving free advice on anything from tax and money to personal issues. we also have a sports and social club that runs nights out and sporting clubs for the employees to join. Employees subscription fees are doubled by a contribution from the company.

Cons

the hours can be long, especially when you have a job that needs to go out. we are pushed to do our best and the high pressure atmosphere could be off-putting for some.

Advice to Management

Keep going you're doing a fantastic job.

RSS Feed </> Embed