Facebook

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg

Mark Zuckerberg

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Awesome working experience

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are so many things..

ConsVer few things which you will hate

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing. They all are fine

Mindblowing!

Business Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Facebook full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat deal of flexibility
Most amazing senior management and some of the best mentors
The perfect place to kickstart your career and learn about the corporate
A dynamic organization with well defined structures. But not so rigidly defined that you lose out on flexibility
free food, great parties and offsites, intellectual and passionate people and the best culture

ConsLow compensation and long working hours ( though largely a personal choice)

Impactful work. Great peers. Greater learning.

Product Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

ProsPeople. Food. Culture. Work/Life balance. Opportunity to work some great industry leaders. Impactful projects --> more users see/feel that impact during their experience on the site.

Consmid/senior management. tending to get bureaucratic. myopic view of large-scale projects/work.

Satisfied Ex-Employee

Specialist, Global Marketing Solutions (Former Employee)

I worked at Facebook full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat work culture. They literally move fast. Things get done very quickly. People are helpful, and some of the best people you'll meet.

ConsThe ambiguity in work sometimes gets to you. No career path, and proper mentoring that you can claim. Everything with regards to personal or career development is laden with jargon and hyperbole in discussions. Things like "you have to move to the next level" are what you'll hear, but not how to.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease listen to employees about career paths, and do something for everyone who works for you. If you let people go because you have decided to downsize in the back-offices, even though they are stellar performers, you aren't really living up to your values.

Incredibly challenging and rewarding

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYour rate of personal growth will be astounding. You will rub shoulders with the very best and you will have the ability to learn from, and contribute across a wide range of competencies, and pick up several new skills and solve challenges you never thought you could.

You are working on fresh cutting edge problems, wherever you work in the company, and the enthusiasm and cheer is really amazing, and fires you up !

People work really hard. Very little corporate politics. People will go to any extent to assist you with anything you are doing. People will be usually seen debating wide-ranging subjects that affect the World all over campus.

ConsThe learning curve tapers off after your first two years unless you are in roles that offer you immense elbow room (such as myself) - The opportunities to rectify this are there nevertheless.

Sometimes, the frenzy of belief in product borders on cult status, with designers, engineers and product teams residing in proverbial ivory towers, oblivious to pains of the World outside Menlo Park, CA

Hiring standards are dropping slightly, principles are compromised upon ! Newsfeed itself is now a place where ads are shown. Monetization has suddenly propped up from nowhere, where all it would have taken for us to have a better performance in the markets , would have been for Mark to have taken the IPO more seriously.

The satellite offices ( India for example) are often seen as poor second cousins with respect to everything. They don't command the automatic respect that a designer in Menlo Park would.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure a much more solid career path now for individuals (doesn't have to be ala McKinsey) and let go of the "Jungle Gym" narrative. It is accepted now that we are a company that is unlike any other, and the "Jungle Gym" philosophy is already old hat. We know that we have those opportunitites, but it really is disheartening when two or three different teams end up claiming advantages for the same piece of achievement. ( Advertiser growth for example) - I can't elaborate more publicly.

The respective teams should know that they have to understand their pure, distilled philosophy for why they themselves are working on things, and learn as much as possible before "silo-ing" themselves in the pursuit of solutions that do not work.

Awesome place to work

User Operations Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

ProsWe work with some of the best brains in the industry and also get to interact with highly learned and experienced people. Work culture is awesome.

ConsFree food and calories :)

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be open and help in maintaining the flat org culture

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facebook reviews and ratings in Hyderābād — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Facebook employees.