Facebook Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2011's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

4.6

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • The best thing about this place is that you have so many smart people around you (in 70 reviews)

• Free food, young and lively coworkers, downtown location (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Long Hours and some times you cant balance work and your personal life (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome job with great opportunities

Current Employee - Operations Engineer  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Facebook is amazing. Working here offers the best environment I have ever seen in a workplace. The job is all about cooperation, not competition. The Facebook culture, office design, and management styles all support this.

Cons

With the small number of employees, everyone is expected to change the world.

None

Great place to work if you're near the product / Anything else, I would look elsewhere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Facebook

Pros

Free food, dry cleaning, snacks

Extremely bright people in engineering/product teams

Startup / Entrepreneurial feel leads to opportunities to make a bigger impact

Cons

Most jobs are in sales and operations

People in this team are in a separate building and are not valued by Senior Mgmt

Meetings all the time - hard to get to work

Get rid of the Products vs Everyone Else mentality, and promote a one team culture

Stop scheduling so many meetings all the time and make sure people are actually working than trying to get noticed with hi-vis projects that may not add that much value

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Push code daily, work with extremely talented engineers, free food, great compensation, and seeing everyone I know use the product

Cons

Long hours but Facebook engineers tend to be the type who passionately enjoy their work and build products for fun anyways

Continue trusting the engineers to do what is right and allowing engineers be bold and not have to check in with management

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lots to dive into!

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

I really like the pace that we're working at -- there's so much going on, and there's a lot of inherent trust in people to run with what they're doing. Policies and red tape in previous companies sometimes left me feeling a bit stifled about what I was able to work on & share, but there really is a sense of openness at Facebook, not only in communication, but in the ability to jump into projects that call out to you as well.

And beyond that, the people really are incredible: smart, fun, unique, and passionate about what they're doing. It's hard not to get excited by the people alone!

Cons

The pace *can* be a little crazy -- one of our values is moving fast, and we definitely do that -- and generally that's a huge pro to working here, but at times, it can be a little much. There are definitely good policies around PTO, and the environment *is* understanding about balancing work & personal life, but that's ultimately up to the individual to carry out, which can be difficult to do in practice.

I would encourage the leadership to make themselves visible, both at all-hands events, but also in the sense of cross-pollination. It's invaluable, for example, to hear about product strategy from the head of Engineering at an HR team meeting; or to have the head of Finance share what he's focusing on with the Sales team -- efforts like that really don't take much time at all and are a highly impactful way to get communication and knowledge flowing across the company.

Facebook breaks new ground in so many areas, including as a great place to work

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

-Everyone is here because we believe in making the world more open and connected. We believe we're making a difference.
    -HUGE opportunity- you see something broken, missing, or know how to do something better, go for it.
    -Freedom to think outside the box. In fact, there is no box.
    -Incredibly smart and supportive people.
    -Open and transparent environment.
    -We have fun.

Cons

We move so fast and are growing quickly, there's little time to stop and reflect as an individual but also as a team to ensure we're moving forward and focused on the right things.

Ensure we continue to hire the best people in the leadership roles, whether it is promoting from within or bringing them in from the outside. Having the right culture fit and ability to lead their teams as we grow is critical.

Once in a lifetime opportunity I would not pass up

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Rare to have the chance to work for a company that captures the imagination of the world such as Facebook.

Cons

Well, you can't be afraid of hard work and a challenge and to be pushed out of your comfort zone

Don't make the same hiring mistakes as Google.

Face book an amazing place to work!!

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Cutting edge, openness, ability to make an impact, VERY COOL

Cons

People are always asking me technical questions about facebook, and what is it like to work at FB?

Continue keeping the site cool, don't ever sell out. Facebook is truly changing the way we communicate with each other.

Amazing place to work

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

- Great, innovative company which is in the business of building great communities.
    - Fast and dynamic culture with a passion to "move fast and break things"
    - Amazing growth potential in career
    - Smaller teams, yet ability to make bigger impact
    - Transparency and open communication
    - Risk takers

Cons

Can be a bit chaotic for someone coming form a highly process driven environment...but I love it!

You are doing an awesome job...just don't stop taking risks!

The little start-up that could...and so much more

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

The energy and direction of the company! There's plenty of opportunity to take on new responsibilities and build the future of Facebook.

Cons

As with all smaller companies, you will thrive if you're a person that appreciates the fact that many processes are not in place but there for you to create or re-vamp.

Pace the growth. Hire aggressively but with caution. Make sure the current infrastructure can meet the number of people joining.

I love working at Facebook!

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

I love the culture, freedom, people, environment, benefits, and flexibility.

Cons

There really isn't much I would change about work here except for a better work/life balance.

The leadership team here at Facebook has done a great job communicating changes and our company vision.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!