Facebook Reviews

Reset
4.8
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • Your surrounded by smart people (in 85 reviews)

• Free food and frequent offsites (in 69 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work/life balance at Facebook (in 54 reviews)

• No work/life balance; long hours; must work a lot just to stay afloat; difficult for those with families and/or small children (in 26 reviews)

Working at Facebook is Fantastic

Current Employee - Project Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart and driven colleagues Vision of management and Mark Zuckerberg to prioritize long term goals over short term ones Ability to work on a product that affects hundreds of millions of people Employees given large responsibilities relatively early in their careers Strong culture makes it fun to work here

Cons

Relatively understaffed which means you have more responsibility and ability to define your work but longer hours Facebook starting to grow and increase its level of bureaucracy although it is still limited

Great Learning Opportunity and the best People

Current Employee - Software Engineering New Grad in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering New Grad in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are Awesome. They help you grow and a very open-minded and supporting environment Great Perk. I feel less Politics in career track as long as you gain support and trust from team members.

Cons

People are too good and you feel peer pressure in terms of trying to survive from a company where many of the people enjoy and love what they do and are full of passion.

Advice to Management

Keep the Culture while growing the employees.

3. moves fast - and means it

Current Employee - Software Engineering in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Facebook decided somewhere along the line that speed and engineer efficiency mattered more than predictability and avoiding mistakes. The result is a rather refreshing environment where engineers are expected to take risks and use our discretion to jump on what we see as most important. My co-workers are amazing - facebook's been able to hire some of the best talent in the valley and it shows. The perks are top tier. It's just gratifying to work for a company with a sense of mission about creating good in the world, and that's at Facebook's heart. It's certainly helpful to love using the product yourself - but as long as you derive satisfaction from the billion people who do, you'll be happy working here.

Cons

Suspecting facebook of nefarious motives is a popular if misguided silicon valley pastime. Usually trying to argue people out of it is a waste of your time. :/

Advice to Management

Work harder to make the business side feel as empowered and low-overhead as tech. We're all one company.

5. Work on fun products that people use all the time

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun coworkers, interesting problems, make a huge impact on the world. Scale, great benefits, opportunity to change the world and really have fun doing it. Seriously do you want to work at a company where you don't know what you'll work on? That's insane! Facebook lets you choose what you work on after you get out of bootcamp. People are really smart, fun, energetic here.

Cons

Too many food options Cavities from eating Hi-Chews

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees more with stock

6. Superlative: Smartest people, most open culture, best perks, best product.

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-- We work on some of the hardest problems in the field, and we have some of the smartest people working on them. -- The culture is very inviting and open. People are incredibly communicative, and it's a fun place to work. -- 1 BILLION+ people see and use what you work on all the time. -- Perks.

Cons

Takes up a good chunk of your time and life.

Advice to Management

Learning from your mistakes is the best quality I've seen in the m-team.

7. So far so good

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Awesome environment * Awesome co-workers * Awesome food * Awesome perks * Awesome projects

Cons

* Too many smart people that makes me feel dumb. * Stock price not looking good * Already IPO

Advice to Management

Stop hiring managers from outside.

8. Amazing place to work, and have an impact

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very smart and passionate colleagues. - Solving big challenging technical problems. - Opportunity to make an instantaneous impact on billion people.

Cons

Culture is very fast moving so for some people it may take time to get adjusted to a different mindset.

Advice to Management

Bootcamp is an amazing opportunity to broaden your horizon and learn about different teams, while at the same time good opportunity to evaluate and work with your potential team. Loved it!

9. an amazing degree of empowerment and willingness to take risks

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've found Facebook to be a place time and time again which hires smart people and empowers them to go do bold things without having to involve a lot of people to make decisions.

Cons

It's a fast moving company which means that it can be hard to unplug outside of taking actual vacations. I've not found a feeling of it being difficult to take vacations but you definitely need to be conscious of making it happen for yourself.

Challenged every day to do your best work

Current Employee - Product Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Facebook is full of extremely capable and smart people. The lines are very short, and it's easy to get a hold of the right person to talk to on any topic. There's no red tape, so it's really up to you to have a big impact on the product and the world. People who make a big impact are recognized and rewarded, regardless of their job title or level of experience. The company's leadership truly believes in Facebook's mission to make the world more open and connected. Teams are small and have a lot of autonomy, and it's amazing to see how much of a difference a single person can make at this place.

Cons

The downside having so much going on all at once is that it takes energy and discipline to stay focused on those things that matter most. You need to embrace this challenge to get the most out of your experience.

No doubt, Facebook is the one most of us seeking for.......

Current Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay huge, but better reason is the challenge one faces during work.

Cons

Most of the conditions are favorable.

RSS Feed </> Embed