Facebook

Facebook Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg

Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • The best thing about this place is that you have so many smart people around you(in 70 reviews)

• Free food, young and lively coworkers, downtown location(in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance(in 42 reviews)

• Long Hours and some times you cant balance work and your personal life(in 24 reviews)

Great company

ProsGreat benefits, dynamic environment, laid back

ConsNothing comes to my mind

An amazing time

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Menlo Park, CA

Pros- Great reach
    - Great people
    - Great resources
    - Great projects
    - Great perks & compensation

The fast-paced movement really aligns well with me.

ConsYour life inside and outside of work will likely become blended. This may be okay. Many people at the company have become my friends.

Great

Public Policy Internship (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsFree food, interesting work, good stuff, great stuff, awesome awesome awesome things are the best

ConsBecause of the nature of the work, I wasn't able to take any work samples because everything was confidential.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

bla

Client Partner (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Prostop notch, couldn't be better

Consno complains so far. Only the weather.

Great place and great people to work with

Analyst (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsPeople, Work Atmosphere, Pressure less

ConsContract System, Monotonous work, Irrelevant outside

Really enjoy working here

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Menlo Park, CA

ProsGreat place to work--great people, interesting work, great perks, lots of opportunity to take on more responsibility.

ConsCan't really complain about anything

Great

Software Engineer (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThere is a great work environment.

ConsIt is a male dominated environment.

Transparency. Trust. Compassion. Food.

User Operations Associate (Current Employee)

ProsFacebook truly values the important things in life (to me, at least).

- The culture and dialog is open about everything. Whether it's with your manager, on your team or concerning a company wide issue.
    - The amount of power entrusted to employees is huge. You are empowered to go explore and find data, build things, and generally chose the course of action you think will have the most impact.
    - Managers force you to go home if you're not feeling well. Miss your kid's all star game to stay at work and you'll get weird looks. Perform your core function well and you have so much leeway in how you spend your time - (how it should be, right?)
    - The food is so good.

Cons- Sometimes it's momentarily discouraging surrounded by such smart, driven, all-around awesome people. And it can be harder to stand out for excellence (despite internal commitment to acknowledging successes in public and private).
    - On occasion the community can be overly sensitive

Advice to Senior Management- Focus on being transparent with users
    - Simplicity should be a major pillar of the vast majority of new products
    - Keep the user first in all decisions

High energy, very smart people, really does 'move fast', lots of opportunity to advance.

Data Scientist (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsMaking a difference in and out of Facebook. Mission of connecting people is beneficial to millions of people. Compensation and perks very good. Lacks bureaucracy. Good equipment. Self-starters can go far. Free, fresh food and drinks. Paid parking.

ConsOpen plan offices can get noisy/crowded. Everyone has headphones.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow more time for individual/team projects started from the 'ground up'.

Interesting work, ample learing opportunities, smart people, great perks, excellent compensation, fun environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Menlo Park, CA

ProsThe biggest problem with working for Facebook is showing up to work every day (well, not every day since the work-from-home policy is pretty liberal) and thinking, "Man, this must be a bubble. I mean, there's a bouncy house, 10 scotch bars, and they're roasting a pig in Hacker Square."

But, if you can stand that, the rest is great.

ConsGotta be REALLY careful with data. Despite what you see on Facebook, there is nothing that Facebook is more concerned about than protecting its users' data. People "disappear" from time to time, and the reason is usually that someone *&(^ed up and did something with data that they shouldn't have, whether accidentally or intentionally.

Advice to Senior ManagementCareful with the B-School BS. Let's keep it a no-nonsense, engineering-focused company. Stop using the (non)word, "learnings." Squash any hint of bureaucracy.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!