Facebook

Facebook Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg

Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • The best thing about this place is that you have so many smart people around you(in 70 reviews)

• Free food, young and lively coworkers, downtown location(in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance(in 42 reviews)

• Long Hours and some times you cant balance work and your personal life(in 24 reviews)

Really fun and enjoyable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe offices and co-workers were great and really friendly, and there was a great sense of energy.

ConsSometimes there seemed to be a lack of clear direction and communication between offices, which may have been because of language barriers

Recruiter

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFood, perks and booze! Otherwise terrible management and BS about being open!!!!!

ConsEverything! Terrible management and red tape! Managers tend to think they are better! They treat contractors horrible!!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop walking around with your heads so high and treating others poorly! Lead by example!

Great company

ProsGreat benefits, dynamic environment, laid back

ConsNothing comes to my mind

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you are over 40 Beware!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are great, and there are some very smart an engaging people

ConsMany departments within Facebook have a maturity problem. If, you are 40 or older, I would not apply.

Advice to Senior ManagementMs. Sandburg as the COO needs to evaluate the lack of maturity of those who surround her...the lack of experience is going to cost Facebook potential law suits and brand reputation

Very informative learning experience for early entry post-graduates.

Human Operations Analyst (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsOne of the most recognizable companies in the business, laid-back, high influx of determined/capable young professionals.

ConsThe compensation was a bit lower than I felt it should have been.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe extroverted, open to teamwork, etc.

An amazing time

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Menlo Park, CA

Pros- Great reach
    - Great people
    - Great resources
    - Great projects
    - Great perks & compensation

The fast-paced movement really aligns well with me.

ConsYour life inside and outside of work will likely become blended. This may be okay. Many people at the company have become my friends.

Amazing company where engineers rule

ProsFacebook has amazing perks for employees and tried really hard to be the best employer in the valley. Their benefits are next to none and the company is genuinely interested in ensuring that people are happy and stay for the long run. Also the people in the company are really smart and hence it is easy to have a super enriching experience working here.

ConsThe work atmosphere is intense and too engineering centric. Some employees have risen quickly as they have been in the right place at the right time but are not necessarily the best for their role.

Great young energy, but sometimes dull job

Media Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsFast changing, open leadership, good perks.

ConsOver qualified workforce, dull manual tasks

Great perks and work-life balance, really smart people, challenging problems

Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsThe people here are all really smart. The emphasis is on output and you're pretty much in control of your hours, it's normal to get out in the middle of the day to hit the gym, etc. Perks are also great, can't beat the food and the micro-kitchens. And every change you make to the code instantly impacts hundreds of millions of users.

ConsAt least for internships, teams are somewhat hit-or-miss: some teams work on really exciting products while others, not so much.

Disappointing - I worked in FB full time for over a year and was let go over something really minor.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice food, free everything, macbook, iphone as many replacements as you really want... nice campus , free bus to SFO, cool people etc,

ConsPeople spend most of their day just processing tickets. Without the benefits, not a lot would work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo easy on people, you aren't the be all or end all. Glorified service industry jobs with cool surroundings.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!