Facebook

Facebook Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg

Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • The best thing about this place is that you have so many smart people around you(in 70 reviews)

• Free food, young and lively coworkers, downtown location(in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance(in 42 reviews)

• Long Hours and some times you cant balance work and your personal life(in 24 reviews)

Not bad

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsCool environment, cool people. Stock options.

ConsLittle to no opportunity for advancement, raises, or bonuses. Benefit reductions, instead.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your employees more.

Facebook is the best company I've ever been an employee and is better than most I know off 2nd hand.

Operations (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsFast growing, adaptive and supportive environment. Lots of incredibly smart, motivated and fun people. The company cares about its employees and that is overwhelmingly evident by how they treat them, the awesome things they do for them and how everyone interacts.

ConsHonestly I'm not sure I could name any yet. I suspect the Software Engineers work long hours, but I'm pretty sure they do it from love and enjoyment rather than a requirement by anyone. There has to be some downside, but I can't think of any. Sorry.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. It works really well in my opinion.

Smart, growing company with lots of opportunities for creative problem solving

Manager (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsSmart people you can admire and respect, strong business model, challenging scale issues that provide ample opportunities for creative problem solving, fast-paced environment. This likely results from the stringent hiring processes (100 phone screens to 1 offer)

Conslong hours, mild politics, management is inexperienced - typical for a company growing from a startup mode towards a more mature company

Advice to Senior ManagementBring stronger discipline to effectively channel employee creativity and problem solving skills on to the highest priority projects

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Leadership skills

IT Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsState of art technology at the company.

Consnothing much. Startup. Revenue mostly limited to online Ads.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be proactive in coimmunication to employees

College

IT Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsYou can see all member profiles.

ConsZuckerberg brings the hammer, so watch out.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would tell Senior Management to get a grip on all these young kids who think they're everything.

Facebook is a great company to be at.

ProsIt affects a huge number of people and makes the world a more open place. The culture is focused on building great things and there are lots of smart people there who are excited about what they're doing.

ConsIt is growing quickly, so it's hard to know everything that's going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe should focus more on improving communication between departments and helping everyone have a better sense of what's going on across the company.

Facebook is fun and cool, but not always an environment that encourages growth.

Business Development Manager (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

Prosthe free food, really bright employees

Conssome of the employees feel a sense of entitlement that comes through in day-to-day interactions...very young upper level management..inexperience shows

Advice to Senior Management180 degree reviews should be provided on an ongoing basis

Interesting experience working at an up-and-coming company like FB.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsIt is one of the fast growing company and things can move very fast. You could be doing different things if you happen to be at the right place at the right time.

ConsLess organization. Growing pain. Management needs to become mature.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is getting too big to let it grow freely. We need a bit more organization now.

Facebook, a great place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsIt's a great place where the company is small enough for you to make a difference, but the product is used by millions. It's great to work on something you love using every day. The hours are flexible, and the package is great- free gourmet food is served 3 meals a day. You really learn a lot, since you get thrown into the mix quite quickly. Also, the people at the company happen to be extraordinarily smart and pretty passionate.

ConsYou can work a lot right before a project gets shipped, but that's the case with a lot of engineering jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job.

Facebook, absolutely by far, my favorite place to have ever worked!

Assistant (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsEveryone talks about the free food, fun environment, etc but I definitely think the most valued benefit to working at facebook is the ability to basically set your own hours, freedom to work from home when you want and as much as you want/can, and all this with little to no interference from management. It's just great to know that if you're not feeling well but not necessarily "too sick to work" you can stay home and work (they provide laptops)....oh and...sick days are not counted against your vacation if you really needed to take a real sick day anyhow.

ConsBecause of the work from home policy, you do find yourself basically working all the time in a way. Some say it's a downside, I personally loved it! As long as I got my work done my boss didn't care how much I was actually in the office. However, I do have to say, that I did NOT abuse this. I really only worked from home when I absolutely needed to. I'd say out of a year I probably worked from home maybe about 2wks worth.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a fair company-wide bonus structure where all employees can work towards and feel rewarded for accomplishments. A review process is also needed, but one that actually results in employer/employee feedback and raise/bonus.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!