Facebook Reviews

Reset
4.5
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • Your surrounded by smart people (in 85 reviews)

• Free food and frequent offsites (in 69 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work/life balance at Facebook (in 54 reviews)

• No work/life balance; long hours; must work a lot just to stay afloat; difficult for those with families and/or small children (in 26 reviews)

Not bad

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Cool environment, cool people. Stock options.

Cons

Little to no opportunity for advancement, raises, or bonuses. Benefit reductions, instead.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees more.

Facebook is the best company I've ever been an employee and is better than most I know off 2nd hand.

Current Employee - Operations in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Fast growing, adaptive and supportive environment. Lots of incredibly smart, motivated and fun people. The company cares about its employees and that is overwhelmingly evident by how they treat them, the awesome things they do for them and how everyone interacts.

Cons

Honestly I'm not sure I could name any yet. I suspect the Software Engineers work long hours, but I'm pretty sure they do it from love and enjoyment rather than a requirement by anyone. There has to be some downside, but I can't think of any. Sorry.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It works really well in my opinion.

Smart, growing company with lots of opportunities for creative problem solving

Current Employee - Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Smart people you can admire and respect, strong business model, challenging scale issues that provide ample opportunities for creative problem solving, fast-paced environment. This likely results from the stringent hiring processes (100 phone screens to 1 offer)

Cons

long hours, mild politics, management is inexperienced - typical for a company growing from a startup mode towards a more mature company

Advice to Management

Bring stronger discipline to effectively channel employee creativity and problem solving skills on to the highest priority projects

5. Great Leadership skills

Current Employee - IT Systems Analyst in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - IT Systems Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

State of art technology at the company.

Cons

nothing much. Startup. Revenue mostly limited to online Ads.

Advice to Management

Need to be proactive in coimmunication to employees

6. Facebook is a great company to be at.

Pros

It affects a huge number of people and makes the world a more open place. The culture is focused on building great things and there are lots of smart people there who are excited about what they're doing.

Cons

It is growing quickly, so it's hard to know everything that's going on.

Advice to Management

We should focus more on improving communication between departments and helping everyone have a better sense of what's going on across the company.

Interesting experience working at an up-and-coming company like FB.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

It is one of the fast growing company and things can move very fast. You could be doing different things if you happen to be at the right place at the right time.

Cons

Less organization. Growing pain. Management needs to become mature.

Advice to Management

The company is getting too big to let it grow freely. We need a bit more organization now.

Facebook, a great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

It's a great place where the company is small enough for you to make a difference, but the product is used by millions. It's great to work on something you love using every day. The hours are flexible, and the package is great- free gourmet food is served 3 meals a day. You really learn a lot, since you get thrown into the mix quite quickly. Also, the people at the company happen to be extraordinarily smart and pretty passionate.

Cons

You can work a lot right before a project gets shipped, but that's the case with a lot of engineering jobs.

Advice to Management

Good job.

It's okay in the short-term

Current Employee - User Operations Analyst
    Current Employee - User Operations Analyst

Pros

Although hours a bit long and it takes much time for me to commute from home to office, other things that Facebook offers all make me love this place - salary, bonus, not to mention the excellent benefits. It is also both satisfying and challenging to work with very smart colleagues. The people are young, passionate, and intelligent. The culture is very open internally were projects are discussed and ideas flow. They have amazing R+D and projects happening all the time, because people dare to dream, pursue challenges, and are generally incentivized to be innovative

Cons

Facebook is not a hot start-up that it used to be. When you look at the blogs, people now get excited about twitter. There is not anymore the pioneering spirit and enthusiasm that you see in a startup. In short, Facebook is getting old

Advice to Management

None.

10. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

Pros

Smart people and big problems. You can make a big impact quickly.

Cons

You work pretty hard and there isn't a great work/life balance. Most of my friends are people I work with.

Advice to Management

None

Seriously an amazing place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

* Incredibly smart and intensely motivated peers. * Immense opportunity. There a ton of growth and a lot of things that can be done. People with initiative do really well here. * The world sees the impact of what you're working on. All my friends and family use the product and it's rewarding to work on something that keeps us all connected. * Amazing food. We get breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner served up by the best chefs around. Menus change daily and my favorite to date has been the Willy Wonka themed lunch menu. Sushi day is legit too. * Flexible work schedules. 9 to 5 is dead, work the times that best work for you and your job. * Fun (Game Day, random toga party, RipStiks, cool people, etc.)

Cons

There's some growing pains because of the fast company growth and the office can get a bit noisy at times. My last job was at Google and I have to say that facebook is a far better place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep being open and transparent to employees. This is one of the best parts about working at facebook and it's important that employees all are informed of why we're doing things the way we're doing them.

Showing 782 of 1,089 reviews