Facebook Reviews

Updated September 16, 2014
4.4

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • The best thing about this place is that you have so many smart people around you (in 70 reviews)

• Free food, young and lively coworkers, downtown location (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Long Hours and some times you cant balance work and your personal life (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

Opportunity to have real impact

Current Employee - Product Analyst  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Product Analyst in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

FB faces a lot of challenges that no other company in the world faces due to it's size and scale. I really like working on products that my friends and family use on a regular basis.
    Everyone is smart and driven and you can learn a lot just from those around you.
    The company leaders are really inspiring and some of the best in their fields.

Cons

Work can get pretty hectic and sometimes the work-life balance is skewed too much towards work.
    Compensation is solid but the cost of living in California is crazy.

Humble team, amazing perks and open environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working here! Facebook allows me to be myself and make an impact while growing my career. I have worked with many cross functional teams and it's amazing to be surrounded by intelligent and creative individuals. I have been working here for 8 months and I have yet to wake up not wanting to go into work. They keep it exciting and are always changing to better the product, environment and org structure. I work long/hard hours but am treated so well that I don't feel the need or want to complain. I thrive in this type of environment and cannot wait to see what the years to come bring for my professional development. I am well compensated, am given a great amount of time off (and not afraid to use it) and my manager is very supportive with anything I need.

Cons

It can be hard to disconnect since I use Facebook a lot outside of work as well. Also, there is no set plan for any career here

Keep the culture the way it is! Your transparency is amazing.

Move fast, have fun, make an impact -- proud to work here

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company culture is open, friendly, fast, fun -- and competitive, in the best way possible. I've never worked in an environment where people are so ready to pitch in, work together, and praise others for a job well done, while at the same time constructive and pointed feedback is encouraged, accepted, and acted upon. Yes, the perks are excellent -- free food and snacks, great benefits, etc. But it's the environment and culture, and the caliber of people we hire (technical and non-technical alike) that make it such an incredible place to work. Work-life balance is tough anywhere, but I come from a job where you were on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and vacations were rare (and managers certainly didn't encourage you to take them). Here it's the opposite. We work a lot but managers tend to be cognizant of burnout, and actively encourage folks to spend more time outside of the office, be with our families, and take time for ourselves.

Cons

Because things move so quickly, and it's such an open environment, there is occasionally needless duplication of work. But while frustrating, it's incredibly rare.

Sometimes it seems like middle management needs to communicate amongst themselves better, so as to give better guidance to the rest of the workforce. Beyond that -- advice would be to just keep it up. You've built a wonderful culture and atmosphere, with a clear mission, for which I'm proud to work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, fast-paced and never a dull moment

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We hire great people - which makes coming into work so much easier. There are always a number of career opportunities for high-performers if you want a new challenge. I have a lot of respect for senior management. The direction of the company is strong.

Cons

It's very MPK-centric. While it is a global company and cares for global growth, it can be harder to get your voice heard from a remote office. Global benefits are also not in-line with benefits of the US. That said, the benefits are still pretty stellar.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's so inspiring to work with so many professional and smart people in such a free atmosphere. Every project you're working on is both challenging and interesting.

Cons

Basically I find it hard to complain about Facebook. Although I heard someone complained about the work/life balance, I really feel at ease about it and it depends on the team you're working on.

Move fast! Take ownership.

Current Employee - Client Solutions Manager  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Client Solutions Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-life balance is great.
    Benefits are still lacking a little behind main competitor in developing countries.

Cons

Although regional and global leadership are amazing, local leadership is not that great.
    Which is also great because it creates a lot of room for us to grow.

Has been very useful both socially and business wise

Current Employee - Online Marketer  in  Roseau (Dominica)
    Current Employee - Online Marketer in Roseau (Dominica)

I have been working at Facebook part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great reach of people to interact with, Customers are a click away, Access to companies all over the world, The overall benefits are great and suit my lifestyle

Cons

Lots of time spend in front of the computer, leaving not much time for home, friends and group outings. Saturated market means its harder to achieve goals

You guys are great all around

Great experience working with very professional individuals

I worked at Facebook

Pros

Great company culture, awesome pay, and wonderful events to keep you excited about the company!

Cons

there were some difficulties in communication with the team but overall great experience

maybe spend a little more tiem on training

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Software Engineering  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get lots of responsibility, freedom to pursue what you want to and have high impact. Great place to work.. free food and swag

Cons

Getting bigger. Remote offices not as much as fun as headquarters in menlo park.

blah

Overall "meh" experience?

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

There are super smart people there and I was super lucky to get to know them over the summer. Having been there twice in a row I think I really got a good feel for the culture of the company. It has a very friendly culture, which is great. Work-life balance is also alright.

Cons

I had a very dull intern project... it used to be that Facebook typically has fun intern projects, but the company is indeed getting bigger. Some interns this year got boring projects, including myself.

My mentor was also not very helpful and was seldom around for me to ask him for help.

Consider taking less interns if you feel that some of them might be given a lower quality experience.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!