Facebook Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014

4.3

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • The best thing about this place is that you have so many smart people around you (in 70 reviews)

• Free food, young and lively coworkers, downtown location (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Long Hours and some times you cant balance work and your personal life (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

Facebook is fun and cool, but not always an environment that encourages growth.

Former Employee - Business Development Manager  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Facebook

Pros

the free food, really bright employees

Cons

some of the employees feel a sense of entitlement that comes through in day-to-day interactions...very young upper level management..inexperience shows

180 degree reviews should be provided on an ongoing basis

Interesting experience working at an up-and-coming company like FB.

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

It is one of the fast growing company and things can move very fast. You could be doing different things if you happen to be at the right place at the right time.

Cons

Less organization. Growing pain. Management needs to become mature.

The company is getting too big to let it grow freely. We need a bit more organization now.

Facebook, a great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

It's a great place where the company is small enough for you to make a difference, but the product is used by millions. It's great to work on something you love using every day. The hours are flexible, and the package is great- free gourmet food is served 3 meals a day. You really learn a lot, since you get thrown into the mix quite quickly. Also, the people at the company happen to be extraordinarily smart and pretty passionate.

Cons

You can work a lot right before a project gets shipped, but that's the case with a lot of engineering jobs.

Good job.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Facebook, absolutely by far, my favorite place to have ever worked!

Former Employee - Assistant  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Facebook

Pros

Everyone talks about the free food, fun environment, etc but I definitely think the most valued benefit to working at facebook is the ability to basically set your own hours, freedom to work from home when you want and as much as you want/can, and all this with little to no interference from management. It's just great to know that if you're not feeling well but not necessarily "too sick to work" you can stay home and work (they provide laptops)....oh and...sick days are not counted against your vacation if you really needed to take a real sick day anyhow.

Cons

Because of the work from home policy, you do find yourself basically working all the time in a way. Some say it's a downside, I personally loved it! As long as I got my work done my boss didn't care how much I was actually in the office. However, I do have to say, that I did NOT abuse this. I really only worked from home when I absolutely needed to. I'd say out of a year I probably worked from home maybe about 2wks worth.

Develop a fair company-wide bonus structure where all employees can work towards and feel rewarded for accomplishments. A review process is also needed, but one that actually results in employer/employee feedback and raise/bonus.

It's okay in the short-term

Current Employee - User Operations Analyst
    Current Employee - User Operations Analyst

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Although hours a bit long and it takes much time for me to commute from home to office, other things that Facebook offers all make me love this place - salary, bonus, not to mention the excellent benefits. It is also both satisfying and challenging to work with very smart colleagues. The people are young, passionate, and intelligent. The culture is very open internally were projects are discussed and ideas flow. They have amazing R+D and projects happening all the time, because people dare to dream, pursue challenges, and are generally incentivized to be innovative

Cons

Facebook is not a hot start-up that it used to be. When you look at the blogs, people now get excited about twitter. There is not anymore the pioneering spirit and enthusiasm that you see in a startup. In short, Facebook is getting old

None.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Smart people and big problems. You can make a big impact quickly.

Cons

You work pretty hard and there isn't a great work/life balance. Most of my friends are people I work with.

None

Seriously an amazing place to work

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

* Incredibly smart and intensely motivated peers.
    * Immense opportunity. There a ton of growth and a lot of things that can be done. People with initiative do really well here.
    * The world sees the impact of what you're working on. All my friends and family use the product and it's rewarding to work on something that keeps us all connected.
    * Amazing food. We get breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner served up by the best chefs around. Menus change daily and my favorite to date has been the Willy Wonka themed lunch menu. Sushi day is legit too.
    * Flexible work schedules. 9 to 5 is dead, work the times that best work for you and your job.
    * Fun (Game Day, random toga party, RipStiks, cool people, etc.)

Cons

There's some growing pains because of the fast company growth and the office can get a bit noisy at times. My last job was at Google and I have to say that facebook is a far better place to work.

Keep being open and transparent to employees. This is one of the best parts about working at facebook and it's important that employees all are informed of why we're doing things the way we're doing them.

Great place to work.

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Open atmosphere.
    Intelligent people.
    Good food.
    High level of respect for employees.
    Always get the equipment we need.
    No complaints.

Cons

There aren't that many downsides so far. I occasionally find it hard to complete work on fridays, due to happy hour though ... :)

Stay open. Listen to the technical perspective. Overall, they do a very good job. Hopefully as we grow we can maintain that.

I have been working for over 10 years and Facebook is BY FAR the best place I have ever worked.

Current Employee - Finance  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Facebook has incredible camaraderie as well as benefits. Everyone is friends here, we work hard, but also have a great time and love coming to work every day. We get free gourmet breakfast, lunch and dinner daily from an amazing culinary team. We play basketball every week, have free beer on Friday and get to ripstick around the office. We even have games rooms and a ping pong table! The people who work here are incredibly high caliber individuals. The recruiting process is tough!

Cons

Some of the younger folks here (and there are many) have never worked anywhere else and they have no idea how good the place is. This often leads to a sense of entitlement which would never fly at another Company. Having said that, we all benefit from the extra perks that get put in place. Philz Coffee!!

Keep up the great work, the long term vision and the continuous improvement in the user experience. Never rest on your laurels!

The best place to work, period.

Current Employee - Platform Product Marketing  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Platform Product Marketing in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

3 meals + snack a day. Micro kitchens with fresh fruit, boxed lunches, and every beverage imaginable. All free. Flexible work hours, work from home, 21 days of PTO.

Cons

In Palo Alto, CA -- a bit suburban for city dwellers.

Keep it up!

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!