Facebook Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Wonderful company but they outsource to a call center

I worked at Facebook full-time

Pros

Working for Facebook! It is an amazing opportunity to learn all about this great platform. The employees that would visit the Phoenix office always treated everyone with respect and professionalism even though we were the outsourced employees. It was great to have your ideas and opinions taken into consideration by people creating something for a billion people!

Cons

Revana/ Teletech is the company that hires people to work on the Facebook account. They hire entry-level people, people with criminal records, on up to people that have an education and work ethic. (Most of us that worked at real jobs prior to this were laid off from a variety of professions.) You have to start as an entry level telemarketer pitching the help of "Facebook marketing experts". You can move up in the company, but you will only ever make $13.50 an hour +commission based on a bucket system. You cannot pay your bills on the sketchy way the sales are calculated. Some people run scams and do shady things to get ahead and get top commission. Bottom line is that it is a call center and you will never be treated like a real Facebook employee. Cheryl Sandberg recently spoke about all FB employees making MUCH more than the Revana employees. I guess Facebook's call center doesn't need to Lean In. We would have people from HQ (with the same job title but making in the $70k range) sit with us to learn how we do our jobs. There was NO chance of advancement other than becoming a supervisor to telemarketers and moving up in the Revana call center system. I am giving the Career Opportunities section 3 stars because you can get good job offers to leave the Revana office by going to advertising agencies or other marketing jobs.

Advice to Management

Facebook should ire from within. The employees at Revana are allowed to say that we worked for Facebook on LinkedIn (in case clients would check) but not on our resumes? What? Also the clients in the different programs are told that they were working with a "Facebook employee". If someone asks, you are told to tell them "YES, I am with Facebook not a 3rd party". All of the hard working employees need to either leave or deal with the horrible pay. I loved the job but I had to leave because I couldn't afford to stay when I could make more working at Starbucks.

Getting Corporate

Former Employee - Data Scientist in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Data Scientist in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Food
    - Health care benefits
    - Fringe benefits
    - Nice campus
    - Corporate shuttles
    - State of the art tech stack
    - Extremely smart coworkers
    - Visionary and bold top management

Cons

Work/life balance can get hurt as a lot of folks at the office are single and do not understand the needs of having a family.

The company is getting bigger. This means more room for backroom politics and aligning people without ruffling people's feathers.

Very talented individual contributors (and/or good at politics) are being promoted. As a result, instead of having well rounded managers, you end up having either extremely career driven or super awkward managers. Some of those middle managers are very green, making it even more painful.

Some women feel like they have to be extra tough at work because of the Leanin coolaid, making them very hard to work with.

Advice to Management

Continue the great job at investing for the future of the company.

Try to be a little more sound at the way promotions to middle management roles works.

Best place for data science

Current Employee - Data Scientist in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Facebook (Less than a year)

Pros

- World class technology and infrastructure
    - Brilliant colleagues who care a lot about their work
    - Challenging problems and impactful
    - Decisions focus on the data and facts behind an idea vs who's suggesting it

Cons

- Not a con for me, but Facebook is an intense place, driven by smart and passionate people. If you are looking for a place to coast, this aint it.
    - Commute, if you're living in SF

Advice to Management

Work to maintain Facebook's mission-driven culture and weed out people who aren't aligned. Maintain a high bar for hiring, and put more emphasis on retention.

5. Best tech company. Period

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Great perks. Company does a lot of social good. Move fast culture. Organization is flat. Great company for families. Flexible schedules

Cons

Internal tools need work. Company is starting to experience growing pains interns of growing too fast. I wish there were more shuttles :)

6. Recruiting Program Specialist

Current Contractor - Recruiting Program Specialist in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Contractor - Recruiting Program Specialist in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone has heard of the perks that come with working here: free food, casual dress, flexible hours, commuter shuttles, etc. However, what I really really like are the work and the people! The company really puts an emphasis on recruiting people that are amazing to work with and making sure you have everything you need to succeed.

Cons

I have a long commute on the free shuttle

Advice to Management

Keep it going!

Fantastic place to work

Current Employee - Product Specialist in West Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in West Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Moves fast on projects, efficient processes for workflow, excellent tools in place to get work done, great people, amazing benefits, wonderful work/life balance

Cons

Far from SF and commute time is really long

8. great place

I worked at Facebook

Pros

Good paycheck and great experience

Cons

Too much work, no real life balance

Great benefits, changing culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Facebook is working on some inspiring things & it's cool to be a part of it.

Many of the people they hire are extremely bright.

Benefits are awesome.

Cons

Work/Life Balance is non-existent. As is career development opportunities & mobility on the non-technical side.

Management is really poor & gets increasingly detached and political the higher up you get.

They tend to reward/promote people who can make themselves look good, rather than people who actually get stuff done. This wasn't the case when I joined; but, the culture has shifted dramatically in that direction.

Advice to Management

The culture is shifting pretty dramatically, and the ability to actually affect change is decreasing. The company is starting to suffer from a lot of "big company" problems that will affect it's ability to succeed in the long run.

Great Company

I worked at Facebook

Pros

Great people, great mission, free meals :)

Cons

Hard for contractors to get full time roles.

Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

A really awesome company to work with. With it's focus on impact, it makes sure each employee get to do quality work.

Cons

Nothing really except that sometime we move too fast.

Showing 785 of 1,025 reviews