Facebook Reviews

Updated April 18, 2015
721 reviews filtered by

1. Fun environment but too much about the money

I worked at Facebook

Pros

Fun
    good food
    good facilities
    good co-workers

Cons

Its all about the money

Advice to Management

Return to core values

2. User Operations Analyst

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Facebook as a contractor

Pros

It's a large and open campus with free food. Job is pretty technical and you get to learn how project management is like. Brings value to your resume.

Cons

With a large company it has become very difficult to convert to FTE. The work can be a little monotonous, but it's doable. The contract/FTE divide is stronger than I thought.

3. Fast, Impactful, Smart People

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Facebook focuses on impact and everyone at the company is in a position to best drive impact. You're only barrier to success is yourself.

You're surrounded by people that are experts in their area which helps make you work better and smarter.

Cons

The work environment is pretty great. If commuting from SF, that can be tough but taking the busses are much better than having to drive.

Advice to Management

Management at FB is top notch. I think it'd be hard to offer any real criticism as most criticism is dealt with openly and immediately.

Risk and Payments Contractor

Current Contractor - Risk and Payments Contractor in Austin, TX
    Current Contractor - Risk and Payments Contractor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Facebook as a contractor

Pros

absolutely amazing people to work with, even as a contractor. You learn a lot and really quickly.
    the benefits are amazing - free meals, snacks, drinks!
    you are given quite a lot of access to information at FB.
    more rewarding experience I've ever had for sure
    work/life balance is top notch. a lot of people have the opportunity to work from home

Cons

Not all teams are similar, some treat contractors like their own where other teams don't really interact with their contractors.
    There are a few things you are not allowed to take part in as a contractor (holiday parties, etc) but the other benefits definitely make up for it.
    It's really hard to go from a contractor to a FT position, but it is possible!

It's big.

Current Employee - Data Scientist
    Current Employee - Data Scientist

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can learn a lot in a short amount of time.

Cons

It's big.

People can coast if they know how to manage up - EVEN ENGINEERS.

The review cycle is short-sighted and rewards people who are political rather than people who are good.

7. quality review

Current Employee - QA Specialist in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - QA Specialist in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

They have lots of perks, you can work any where you want, they have free shuttles in case you have only one car.

Cons

Not really a con, but space is limited.

Advice to Management

give more direction for the project, sometimes instructions may not be clear for everyone on board.

Facebook is a uniquely amazing place to work - those of us at the Company are absolutely fortunate to be employed here!

Current Employee - Client Partner in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Partner in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people, opportunities, environment and roadmap of the Facebook are amazing. I am surrounded by extremely intelligent and collaborative people, which make every day a pleasure. We work on amazing projects that add value to both our organization and the world (yes, the world). The organization provides a workplace that is supportive yet autonomous. I truly feel like I am designing and creating my career, with fantastic support of everyone around me.

Cons

My job is so fulfilling that I find myself having to strategically seek my work-life integration.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic work!

Great culture, great resources, great people! Decent work life balance, no idea about benefits. Interns are pretty equal

Current Intern - User Experience Intern in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Intern - User Experience Intern in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Seems like there's good work life balance though people work hard, promotions can be tough to come by but are carefully vetted and lucrative, as far as I can tell.

Cons

Hard work, fast paced, not always a lot of direction for the tasks you are assigned. But very rewarding and self-sufficiency-building.

Advice to Management

Would be great to have more institutional support for the transition from academia, but it's overall pretty great. Good people, good perks, good culture.

Best place to work!

Current Employee - Software Eng
    Current Employee - Software Eng

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good compensation, good perk. Have chance to learn lots of things.

Where there is people, there is BS. There's no exception for Facebook. However it just much better than other company I believe.

Cons

# Don't join the team that seems to be filled with one single race.
    My first year in FB was disaster cause I chose the wrong team and they have very bad management. (Data Infrastructure). The manager is not there to help you and just want you to have significant contribution. If you can't do that, they don't bother to figure out why and help you but try to kill you. Change to a different team the second year, and its totally different world.

# long hours, but, what great/uprising company doesn't have long hours?

Intimidation, arrogance, widespread alcoholism, and more..

Former Contractor - Network Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Contractor - Network Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Free transportation, free booze everywhere (cool if you're an alcoholic..), free food, and lots of other perks.

Cons

They don't give a crap about the well being of their employees. 60% or more of all employees are contractors, and they make you abundantly aware how temporary you are and push everyone to work long hours to beat ridiculous timelines for contracts and goal s that are constantly changing. And they flagrantly promote alcoholism with a bar every 20 ft on every floor. It's like working at a college fraternity. It's disgusting..

Advice to Management

Wake up and realize that promoting 50-60+ hour weeks constantly, replacing contractors like toilet paper, and promoting drinking to cope with the stress company wide isn't a healthy strategy for long term employees and their health..