Facebook Reviews

Updated October 20, 2014
4.4

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • You have occasion to work with super smart people from the industry (in 81 reviews)

• Amazing office culture and community and the free food doesn't hurt (in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • Another thing that no one will agree with me on is the work-life balance (in 51 reviews)

• Long hours away from home, due to my own commute situation and long working hours (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

Massive impact in a short amount of time

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

This review is for my 3 month internship.

-Amazingly fast process and a huge amount of control:
      I was given a project and told to run with it. This is both terrifying and awesome, as I got to control an entire new feature. Architecture and design decisions of the feature were made primarily by me, something that I was not really allowed to do in previous internships.

-Fun, smart, and friendly people
      Some of the people on my team were intimidatingly good programming beasts, but talking to them felt super natural and easy. Additionally, my team had several happy hours/ weekly pub crawls where we got to know each other.

Cons

Work/Life balance: Many interns I knew worked weekends and/or late nights. I personally never worked weekends, but have definitely pulled some 12-hr days the week of release dates.

Opportunity to have real impact

Current Employee - Product Analyst in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Product Analyst in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (less than an year)

Pros

FB faces a lot of challenges that no other company in the world faces due to it's size and scale. I really like working on products that my friends and family use on a regular basis.
    Everyone is smart and driven and you can learn a lot just from those around you.
    The company leaders are really inspiring and some of the best in their fields.

Cons

Work can get pretty hectic and sometimes the work-life balance is skewed too much towards work.
    Compensation is solid but the cost of living in California is crazy.

Humble team, amazing perks and open environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Facebook full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love working here! Facebook allows me to be myself and make an impact while growing my career. I have worked with many cross functional teams and it's amazing to be surrounded by intelligent and creative individuals. I have been working here for 8 months and I have yet to wake up not wanting to go into work. They keep it exciting and are always changing to better the product, environment and org structure. I work long/hard hours but am treated so well that I don't feel the need or want to complain. I thrive in this type of environment and cannot wait to see what the years to come bring for my professional development. I am well compensated, am given a great amount of time off (and not afraid to use it) and my manager is very supportive with anything I need.

Cons

It can be hard to disconnect since I use Facebook a lot outside of work as well. Also, there is no set plan for any career here

Keep the culture the way it is! Your transparency is amazing.

Move fast, have fun, make an impact -- proud to work here

I have been working at Facebook full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company culture is open, friendly, fast, fun -- and competitive, in the best way possible. I've never worked in an environment where people are so ready to pitch in, work together, and praise others for a job well done, while at the same time constructive and pointed feedback is encouraged, accepted, and acted upon. Yes, the perks are excellent -- free food and snacks, great benefits, etc. But it's the environment and culture, and the caliber of people we hire (technical and non-technical alike) that make it such an incredible place to work. Work-life balance is tough anywhere, but I come from a job where you were on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and vacations were rare (and managers certainly didn't encourage you to take them). Here it's the opposite. We work a lot but managers tend to be cognizant of burnout, and actively encourage folks to spend more time outside of the office, be with our families, and take time for ourselves.

Cons

Because things move so quickly, and it's such an open environment, there is occasionally needless duplication of work. But while frustrating, it's incredibly rare.

Sometimes it seems like middle management needs to communicate amongst themselves better, so as to give better guidance to the rest of the workforce. Beyond that -- advice would be to just keep it up. You've built a wonderful culture and atmosphere, with a clear mission, for which I'm proud to work.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's so inspiring to work with so many professional and smart people in such a free atmosphere. Every project you're working on is both challenging and interesting.

Cons

Basically I find it hard to complain about Facebook. Although I heard someone complained about the work/life balance, I really feel at ease about it and it depends on the team you're working on.

Move fast! Take ownership.

Current Employee - Client Solutions Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Client Solutions Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work-life balance is great.
    Benefits are still lacking a little behind main competitor in developing countries.

Cons

Although regional and global leadership are amazing, local leadership is not that great.
    Which is also great because it creates a lot of room for us to grow.

Has been very useful both socially and business wise

Current Employee - Online Marketer in Roseau (Dominica)
    Current Employee - Online Marketer in Roseau (Dominica)

I have been working at Facebook part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great reach of people to interact with, Customers are a click away, Access to companies all over the world, The overall benefits are great and suit my lifestyle

Cons

Lots of time spend in front of the computer, leaving not much time for home, friends and group outings. Saturated market means its harder to achieve goals

You guys are great all around

Great experience working with very professional individuals

I worked at Facebook

Pros

Great company culture, awesome pay, and wonderful events to keep you excited about the company!

Cons

there were some difficulties in communication with the team but overall great experience

maybe spend a little more tiem on training

Inspiring internship experience

Former Employee - Facebook U in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Facebook U in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Interns are well treated with challenging and meaningful projects, amazing perks, housing, transportation, free food. talented, fun and hardworking colleagues. In addition, over the summer, we received famous political figures such as Hilary Clinton , Malala Yousafzai, Buzz Aldrin.

Cons

Sometimes, the projects can be challenging which may result in short nights of sleep (5-6 hours) and if you are interested in business and engineering, it may be hard to be exposed to both at the same time due to the scale of the company.

N/A

Best place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Facebook as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- Completely open environment, There are no secret projects or anything like that.
    - Friendly and caring people.
    - HUGE impact

Cons

- Office food is really good, can make you fat :-/