Facebook Reviews

Updated October 27, 2014
4.4

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • You have occasion to work with super smart people from the industry (in 82 reviews)

• Amazing office culture and community and the free food doesn't hurt (in 67 reviews)

Cons
  • Another thing that no one will agree with me on is the work-life balance (in 51 reviews)

• Long hours away from home, due to my own commute situation and long working hours (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

a company where I can make impact

Current Employee - Global Marketing Solutions in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Global Marketing Solutions in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone talks about the amazing perks etc. But that is not the biggest pro. The values are. For me the fact that I can do what I am good at, and really make a a huge impact is absolutely fantastic. Things are going very fast, even with the current company size. Maybe even faster. At Facebook there is a saying that every day is a week, and for me that is true. I think it is very special that moving fast and setting high standards of performance this can go hand in hand with being really good to employees too.

Cons

Keeping up with the pace is sometimes hard, and keeping an overview of all the things that happen. I love our internal groups, and responsive people are to help each other. This at least helps me to speed up on things that matter to me in my job

Facebook has a great mission and a great set of values. Every time the company uses these as a filter to what we are doing, it makes so much sense. If that is for assessing a new solution, a change in the organization set up or an acquisition. My advice is to keep on doing this, and apply this to all Facebook does.

Awesome place to work

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome place to work
    Great career opportunity
    Awesome people to work with

Cons

Less hike compared to market

Very open, fluid, fast-paced.

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

There is a high degree of freedom to work on projects you're passionate about. The development cycle is very fast, with a very efficient and fluid deployment system. Great perks, and plenty of conventions and company events to go to. Opportunities to learn new technologies through professional development programs. You better be at the top of your game, everyone is incredibly smart and talented.

Cons

Due to the nature of the open, "hacker" culture, there is a lack of ownership, and a drive to come up with a working solution as fast as possible (i.e. a "hack"). This leads to a patchwork-like infrastructure, with each component "tacked" onto the existing framework, and old components taken out due to a lack of maintenance. Picture a custom-built hand-tuned muscle car, periodically upgraded with individual state-of-the-art components, as opposed to a sleek new Lamborghini.

ok

I worked at Facebook part-time

Pros

balance promotions time off good pay and benefits

Cons

difficult work environment rude workers perks office culture training

get it together

Great Company

Current Employee - Ads in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Ads in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits. Lots of freedom. Ability to learn so much.

Cons

Too much food can be a distraction, but a good one.

Keep doing what you are doing.

software engineer

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

good food, environment, and people here

Cons

I don't know any cons here

Good food, great work culture

Current Employee - Temporary Worker in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Temporary Worker in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

- Micro kitchens have a good nice variety

- Awesome food choices around the campus during lunch and dinner times.

- Very good work environment, in terms of getting tech equipments that make you work more efficiently and comfortable.

- Mostly engineer-driven place, so a lot of smart people to motivate you to do well.

- Community Operations management is nice. As long as you get your work done and don't slack off, the work environment is enjoyable.

Cons

- Discrimination between permanent employees vs. temporary employees.

- Long commute to work

Make sure temporary workers feel just as important as permanent employees (ex. include them in activities).
    You never know where they will end up in their career, so it will pay off in the long run if you are nice to them earlier on.

"It is nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. Treat others how you want to be treated."

Very fast-paced, lots of impact.

Current Employee - Communications in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Communications in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The fact that Facebook's product touches 1.3 BILLION people on a monthly basis is incredible. To support a community this large, everyone who works at Facebook must be willing to act fast, and often take risk. You are given a lot of autonomy in your role; however, FB is also surprisingly collaborative. I have never worked at a company where literally everyone I work with is equally as smart and hard-working across the board.

Cons

There are tons of resources for training and leadership here, but often not enough time to take advantage of everything that is offered.

I find the most successful managers are those who encourage their employees to take advantage of what is offered to every FB employee. Taking vacation is important, as is parental leave. Our leadership team does a great job of taking time off and encouraging others at the company to do the same.

Not a bad experience overall

I worked at Facebook

Pros

Good working environment
    Good company value

Cons

low social life , less hike

Fast paced company with incredible positive work culture

Former Employee - MBA Business
    Former Employee - MBA Business

I worked at Facebook full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People (unique, smart, friendly, team oriented), Trainings, Work Culture, Benefits (amazing food!), Flexible Work Hours, International Environment, Global Structure, Values, Opportunities to have impact, Opportunities to work autonomous, flat hierarchy, Amazing Team and Company Events

Cons

Not always clear, which career steps and when they can be pursued.

Clarify opportunities for development and promotions with ambitious employees instead of hiring externally