Facebook Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

If you like to be challenged and rewarded for success, facebook is a great place to start!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

- fast paced work environment, where I can move as quickly as needed to get the job done - FB provides me the opportunity to have a huge impact - we work hard at FB, but we are recognized for our efforts and success (and we have fun while working) - friendly environment, good food, great tools, and the brightest people on earth!

Cons

- Constant change, but that come with this type of growth

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. I love my job

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Open environment, flat organization, people are nice and very smart

Cons

Everyone is smart so you always have to be on your game

Advice to Management

How will we keep a startupy environment when the company grows to 5000? 10000?

3. Facebok TL;DR

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

- Wonderful food - A company culture encouraging absolute openness - No red tape, in terms of work, resources, people - Opportunities to get together with other employees to hack on what interests you - Freedom to work from home and to come into work whenever

Cons

- Parking - Neighboring houses dislike us - Terribly inefficient and large number of e-mails - Too much 'The Son of Man' around the office

Advice to Management

n/a

5. Great place to work!

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Facebook has a great number of perks and benefits for each employee, starting from a higher than average salary in its industry and health insurance/bonuses. People are recognised for their hard work and most importantly are given a certain level of independence in decision making process. Facebook's social life is great and there are always some activities going on, like Game days/summer parties, which help people to bond and get to know each other better.

Cons

The only downsides I can think of is working long hours when a project needs to be done and the lack of resources when it comes to implementing a great idea.

Advice to Management

It would be great if a communication could be improved between the "thinkers" and the "doers" of the projects and excellent ideas won't be lost.

Sweet place to work

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Never go hungry Always have clean clothes Manager listens to issues and aids in solution/resolution Management focused on employee satisfaction Coworkers wickedly intelligent Flexibility in work hours Autonomy Move fast, be bold Ability to be innovative

Cons

Multiple review cycles that detract from the real work Inconsistency in ratings Some employees not acting as owners Complaints from employees on the most ridiculous things Ripsticks in the walkways

Advice to Management

My advice to the leadership at Facebook is to keep doing what you do everyday to make the workplace fun to return to day after day.

7. I'm very glad I work here.

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

I'm very happy working at facebook. * Other employees are very friendly and supportive * Facebook is more meritocratic than other tech companies I've worked for * The other people working here are very smart * Facebook gives engineers more responsibility than other places I've been

Cons

Sometimes facebook is kinda unpopular in some circles due to privacy criticisms. Facebook sometimes emphasizes speed over engineering quality.

Advice to Management

I think we should stop releasing products that aren't fully done yet. I'd like to see more internal iteration on products until we have something that has had all the issues worked through and that is very reliable and polished.

8. Great workplace and perks !

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

- It's Facebook - Some of the smartest people you'll ever meet work there. - Great projects, fast pace, high impact. - Personal empowerment. - Free food!

Cons

- you might gain weight.

Advice to Management

You need to improve PR and be more pro-active about user security/privacy concerns.

9. I love working at Facebook

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

-meritocracy -freedom for engineers -interesting problems, cool company, lots of unique opportunities -benefits are great, I love free food

Cons

-environment can be overly intense for some

Advice to Management

N/A

If you are in Engineering, you are at the right place. If, Operations... don't look back and run.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Facebook

Pros

If you are in Engineering department, you are at one of the best place to work for.

Cons

Operations department management sucks, they don't treat to people in a respectful and fair way. If you want to be a good position in Operations, you need to be friend of some certain people.

Advice to Management

Question and try to understand why you constantly loose people from Operations. Facebook Software Engineering departments might be ideal place to work for but not the Operations.

Best place to work? Depends on who you ask.

Current Employee - User Operations
    Current Employee - User Operations

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Free food, laundry, flexible work schedules, commuter shuttles, gym membership discounts, and the opportunity to work with smart & motivated people on a massively popular product are good reasons to work here.

Cons

If you work in User Operations at any level other than Associate or Lead, prepare to be bored, frustrated, and stifled in career development. The jobs in this department mostly involve repetitive task work such as content moderation and responding to user emails, but you will get slightly more interesting tasks from time to time such as working directly with an engineer. You will not be given much respect or appreciation for your work, nor will you be promoted unless you schmooze with the right crowd and embody the essential 'Facebooker'. The bureaucracy problem has gotten much better over time, but it certainly still exists. Everyone is smart, so the competition for a few leadership positions is tough, and you'll be denied promotions for fairly abstract reasons. The target is always moving. It's also quite difficult to transfer to a different department - UO isn't given much benefit of the doubt. It's unfortunate that this department has developed the way it has, because there is a large, untapped pool of brilliant people who could really make great contributions to the product.

Advice to Management

Facebook is probably the best place in the world to work if you're a software engineer, but don't forget the people at the bottom who thanklessly support the entire user-base.

Showing 874 of 1,051 reviews