Facebook Reviews

Reset

Disneyland.

Current Employee - User Experience Researcher in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - User Experience Researcher in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I mean, it's the happiest place on Earth. It's like Disneyland except... you get paid a lot instead of the other way around. I legitimately and genuinely enjoy the people I work with and coming into work is something I look forward to after a vacation (of which we get 21 days / year). I'm not a father, but I hear if I choose to be, I get 4 months paternal leave. Comp is great, food is great, ... I never talk about where I work and what I do because I just feel so lucky to be here. It's not really fair.

Cons

We're getting huge. The last thing I want is for the company to turn into a Google/Microsoft/Amazon, but it might be inevitable. Luckily, the company takes preventative action to prevent the big corporate feeling... but it isn't working super well.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on. Some of the best in the biz.

Facebook Response

Jul 10, 2015 – Your Friends at Facebook

Awesome, happy to hear you are enjoying Facebook. As we continue to grow, we are working to evolve in a way that is uniquely Facebook – focused on our mission while continuing to move fast and be ... More

Very open and transparent

Pros

The company is very open and transparent. Leadership is incredibly open about what direction the company takes and honestly answers all questions about why certain decisions were made. Everyone says "we" and never "I" or "you" about everything. Team atmosphere and sense of mission and belonging is infectious.

Cons

Moving fast is fun and exhilarating, but it does break a lot of things. Lots of times work is derailed due to shaky infrastructure that can get frustrating.

3. Great place to work

Current Employee - Community Operations in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Community Operations in Austin, TX

Pros

great opportunities lots of learning good pay insane perks

Cons

none, they are doing everything right

Advice to Management

stop re org

A Spectacular Ride

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

- change the world, nudging a billion people at a time - working with the best minds around. I graduated at the top of my class, both high school and college...and so did everyone else - they take great care of their employees needs - a pace of change, despite the company's size, that will blow you away - an unlimited set of interesting and challenging technical problems

Cons

- they talk about "work-life blending" instead of balance, but what this means in reality is that work generally dominates your life (along with your newsfeed) - a growing focus on financial compensation instead of intrinsic motivators - at the pace and scale of the company, an individual's perceived impact is shrinking - using user engagement metrics as a poor substitution for user sentiment / satisfaction - especially in the last few years, converging with the model of most other major companies

Advice to Management

Focus on the Impact Move Fast, Be Bold What would you do if you weren't afraid?

6. It is the best company to work at for new grads.

I have been working at Facebook full-time

Pros

- tons of responsibility - respect for employees - learn from the best - flexible work hours - flexibility in switching teams - great perks

Cons

- no office in the city (so commute from SF is something one should be up for)

Advice to Management

Build an office in the city to tap into the pool available there.

7. Business Development

I have been working at Facebook full-time

Pros

It's like the best group project you never worked on in college. Everyone is extremely smart, driven, capable, high octane, and wants to work hard to see the team succeed...and for the most part, everyone is genuinely kind and friendly. Office politics don't exist like they do at other companies. The quality of the benefits / perks cannot be overstated.

Cons

There isn't much opportunity to be based outside of Menlo Park. There are a handful of offices outside of Silicon Valley (New York, LA, Seattle, abroad) but not many. That said, it's better to have the company stay small and focused than get too big and have offices scattered about.

Advice to Management

For jobs that allow it, consider unconventional work schedules (i.e. work from home ~25% of time) to allow greater time spent with family/significant others that live outside Silicon Valley.

Loving My Job

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every single day I am learning something new on the job-- I love being constantly encouraged and stretched in my role! Plus, I have the opportunity to work with people who are absolutely best in their fields.

Cons

Facebook moves extremely fast -- it can be tough to stay on top of all the product/strategy changes. Innovation is extremely important to us, so we have to make sure that all of our operational teams can keep up.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

Pros

- A lot of smart people to work with. - Planet-scale projects. - Less meetings/planning than in other big companies. - Great benefits and perks. Free food. Laundry/dry cleaning. - Great pay.

Cons

- Commuting by car to the new Seattle office from Eastside would require going through Mercer street. - Open space floor plan. - May gain weight due to free food.

Advice to Management

Seek options to diversify business.

Facebook Response

Jul 10, 2015 – Your Friends at Facebook

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback. We put special care in creating a unique and rewarding experience to support our people. Facebook is excited about the work that is underway in areas like AI ... More

Terrific place to work!!!

Pros

Great people! Fun innovative company! Great ideas! Much better than google! I worked there for almost 10 years. Great free food

Cons

I really can't think of any it is the best placed I have ever worked. It is just incredible they really listen to you

Advice to Management

Work on competing with google!

Awesome

Current Employee - Client Solutions Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Client Solutions Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Facebook treats people really well.

Cons

Very competitive environment, if you're not the right kind of person for this it can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing.

Showing 896 of 1,088 reviews