Facebook Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. "Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Really good company .Great place to work!

Cons

No cons ! I dont have cons.

Advice to Management

Work on competing with google !

2. Review

Pros

Facebook is a great place to work

Cons

The office is pretty loud

3. Wonderful company but they outsource to a call center

I worked at Facebook full-time

Pros

Working for Facebook! It is an amazing opportunity to learn all about this great platform. The employees that would visit the Phoenix office always treated everyone with respect and professionalism even though we were the outsourced employees. It was great to have your ideas and opinions taken into consideration by people creating something for a billion people!

Cons

Revana/ Teletech is the company that hires people to work on the Facebook account. They hire entry-level people, people with criminal records, on up to people that have an education and work ethic. (Most of us that worked at real jobs prior to this were laid off from a variety of professions.) You have to start as an entry level telemarketer pitching the help of "Facebook marketing experts". You can move up in the company, but you will only ever make $13.50 an hour +commission based on a bucket system. You cannot pay your bills on the sketchy way the sales are calculated. Some people run scams and do shady things to get ahead and get top commission. Bottom line is that it is a call center and you will never be treated like a real Facebook employee. Cheryl Sandberg recently spoke about all FB employees making MUCH more than the Revana employees. I guess Facebook's call center doesn't need to Lean In. We would have people from HQ (with the same job title but making in the $70k range) sit with us to learn how we do our jobs. There was NO chance of advancement other than becoming a supervisor to telemarketers and moving up in the Revana call center system. I am giving the Career Opportunities section 3 stars because you can get good job offers to leave the Revana office by going to advertising agencies or other marketing jobs.

Advice to Management

Facebook should ire from within. The employees at Revana are allowed to say that we worked for Facebook on LinkedIn (in case clients would check) but not on our resumes? What? Also the clients in the different programs are told that they were working with a "Facebook employee". If someone asks, you are told to tell them "YES, I am with Facebook not a 3rd party". All of the hard working employees need to either leave or deal with the horrible pay. I loved the job but I had to leave because I couldn't afford to stay when I could make more working at Starbucks.

5. Positive Feedback

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook (Less than a year)

Pros

Best company for an intern! Everything is free and there is a good hotel to live! Worked on an independent project. (This is really good compare to some interns in Canada..)

Cons

Really good company and no big cons.. Ok.. food is not good as heard..

Advice to Management

My manager offers me minimum help as usual.

6. Regional Product Marketing Manager

Current Employee - Regional Product Marketing Manager in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good perks, 6 months salary revision, in large offices there are good career opportunities, good company momentum

Cons

Fiercely competitive environment especially around sales, eng and technical positions. Collaboration is encouraged, but teams usually work in silos.

Nice salary but tough management

Former Employee - Online Sales Operations in Paris (France)
    Former Employee - Online Sales Operations in Paris (France)

Pros

Nice salary, beautiful offices, challenging field, fast paced environment, nice people around. I had a great experience working there actually

Cons

Some of the managers are real control freak and won't be really open minded sometimes but otherwise everything is great there

Advice to Management

They might choose better some managers that are not giving the confidence to their employees needed to improve their skills

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Facebook is an employee-focused company. Working here I feel valued and appreciated. I feel lucky to be part of this organization.

Cons

This is not a real con, actually, but rather a reflection on the fact that in order to be successful at Facebook you have to be comfortable with change.

Advice to Management

I'm inspired by my management from a professional as well as from a personal point of view.

9. Great place to work

Current Employee - Community Operations in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Community Operations in Austin, TX

Pros

great opportunities lots of learning good pay insane perks

Cons

none, they are doing everything right

Advice to Management

stop re org

Great benefits, changing culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Facebook is working on some inspiring things & it's cool to be a part of it. Many of the people they hire are extremely bright. Benefits are awesome.

Cons

Work/Life Balance is non-existent. As is career development opportunities & mobility on the non-technical side. Management is really poor & gets increasingly detached and political the higher up you get. They tend to reward/promote people who can make themselves look good, rather than people who actually get stuff done. This wasn't the case when I joined; but, the culture has shifted dramatically in that direction.

Advice to Management

The culture is shifting pretty dramatically, and the ability to actually affect change is decreasing. The company is starting to suffer from a lot of "big company" problems that will affect it's ability to succeed in the long run.

11. great place

Pros

Good paycheck and great experience

Cons

Too much work, no real life balance

Showing 892 of 1,081 reviews