Facebook Reviews

Updated September 14, 2014
4.4

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • The best thing about this place is that you have so many smart people around you (in 70 reviews)

• Free food, young and lively coworkers, downtown location (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Long Hours and some times you cant balance work and your personal life (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

A great employer with outstanding perks and benefits that surrounds you with smart people

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a very accommodating employer that really gives back to its employers. I never feel like I'm going to work on a Monday. As long as you're being impactful, you'll be recognized for your efforts.

Cons

This company moves to fast that it is sometimes hard to keep up with all the changes and how it may affect what your responsibilities.

Entry-level Facebook Experience

Former Employee - Human Operations Analyst  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Human Operations Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good way to launch a career. Very mission driven company that has lots of benefits. Highly recommended for someone about to graduate or post-graduate in their first year.

Cons

The atmosphere is not exactly the most professional, but I suppose that makes sense as it does fit the overall vibe of Austin.

I honestly have nothing but positive things to say about my experience there as well as the managers that I worked with! Highly recommended job.

Great Perks- making up for lack of everything else..

Current Employee - Manager  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great food
    -Generous on the perks- great company party, on-site Valet, pay for laundry, gym etc.

Cons

-Employees and Culture

Culture- Highly political, unfriendly, confrontational. Not about working towards a shared vision- everyone is out to look out for their "value-add" as opposed to doing meaningful work. Too much marketing of oneself.

Employees- Most are incredibly immature and lack focus, vision. Feel entitled and want to move to the next thing rather than look at how they can grow in their own roles.

More direction, vision and focus.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fabulous

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Work friendly, wonderful environment, employers are supportive. All in all wonderful experience.

Cons

You need to be punctual, finish projects at correct time, negligence is not tolerated.

A great company to work for!

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Goes out of the way to help you be your best.

Cons

Getting bigger (Google size), so obviously if you are looking for startup-ish growth, go elsewhere.

Great Company

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exciting projects, minimal bureaucracy, focus on impact, great learning and development programs, autonomy to make decisions for effective production.

Cons

The reward structure is becoming increasingly political.

Exciting to work and make an impact immedately . But it is starting to get big

I worked at Facebook full-time

Pros

Can work with very smart people and make impact immidiately

Cons

Its getting bigger and too many people now

AGist

I worked at Facebook as a contractor

Pros

Great place to work and get things done, tons of energy, no obstacles to creativity, very, very, very talented people

Cons

Do not even consider a full-time role here if you are over 40. The average employee is very young, and doesn't know how to treat more senior people with anything more than patronizing, sophomoric arrogance, you know: "You might think you've done this before and know what you're doing, but even though I've never done it before I'm going to be able to do it better than you." The company is lucky that it is being buoyed by ad revenue, which makes up for a lot of short sightedness when it comes to management and the efficiency brought by experience

Open up to a truly diverse workforce that is designing social networking tools for the whole world, not just for the people who work at Facebook today.

Not so great unless you are FTE

I have been working at Facebook as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Pleasant atmosphere. Convenient onsite perks. Friendly, well-meaning people. Opportunities to be hired in-house if someone likes you.

Cons

As a vendor you are a second-class citizen. One may have the responsibility for a project, but no one consults your opinion on how to best execute. Too much top-down, one-way communication. Reactionary, impulsive decision making based on limited, often incorrect or incomplete, information makes it difficult to focus and be effective on longterm goals.

Everything is based on relationships. So if you are an FTE, you could be completely inept, inappropriate, offensive and egotistical, (--as long as it's to a vendor--) but if you get along well with the right people, it's overlooked.

I recommend working here only as an FTE.

Survey your contingent and contract workers. Most of these people are just as dedicated, intelligent and capable. Practice more inclusion and gratitude.

Really fun and enjoyable

I worked at Facebook

Pros

The offices and co-workers were great and really friendly, and there was a great sense of energy.

Cons

Sometimes there seemed to be a lack of clear direction and communication between offices, which may have been because of language barriers

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!