Facebook Reviews

Mark Zuckerberg

1. Summer 2014 Software Development Engineering Intern

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great perks and working atmosphere. The people you work with are all top-notch, highly motivated and competent. You learn about many new technologies and the work you do has immediate impact. Very fast development cycle.

Cons

The fast pace and development cycle can seem sloppy and disorganized at times. There is the drive to "be bold and break things" or "done is better than perfect." Many new ideas come from hackathons. Facebook is very product driven, with less of an emphasis on architectural integrity and sound infrastructure.

Company culture is fantastic, and work-life balance is truly great at Facebook. Employees are treated exceptionally well. For employees working on backend-type features, it would help to have upper management provide a sense of direction and group alignment.

2. Fast, Impactful, Smart People

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Facebook focuses on impact and everyone at the company is in a position to best drive impact. You're only barrier to success is yourself.

You're surrounded by people that are experts in their area which helps make you work better and smarter.

Cons

The work environment is pretty great. If commuting from SF, that can be tough but taking the busses are much better than having to drive.

Management at FB is top notch. I think it'd be hard to offer any real criticism as most criticism is dealt with openly and immediately.

Great culture, great resources, great people! Decent work life balance, no idea about benefits. Interns are pretty equal

Current Intern - User Experience Intern in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Intern - User Experience Intern in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Seems like there's good work life balance though people work hard, promotions can be tough to come by but are carefully vetted and lucrative, as far as I can tell.

Cons

Hard work, fast paced, not always a lot of direction for the tasks you are assigned. But very rewarding and self-sufficiency-building.

Would be great to have more institutional support for the transition from academia, but it's overall pretty great. Good people, good perks, good culture.

5. quality review

Current Employee - QA Specialist in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - QA Specialist in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

They have lots of perks, you can work any where you want, they have free shuttles in case you have only one car.

Cons

Not really a con, but space is limited.

give more direction for the project, sometimes instructions may not be clear for everyone on board.

6. Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than a year)

Pros

* Freedom to work on what you want
    * Great people to work with
    * Understanding managers

Cons

* Too much mobility. Constant flux
    * Too much operational overhead at times

Intimidation, arrogance, widespread alcoholism, and more..

Former Contractor - Network Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Contractor - Network Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Free transportation, free booze everywhere (cool if you're an alcoholic..), free food, and lots of other perks.

Cons

They don't give a crap about the well being of their employees. 60% or more of all employees are contractors, and they make you abundantly aware how temporary you are and push everyone to work long hours to beat ridiculous timelines for contracts and goal s that are constantly changing. And they flagrantly promote alcoholism with a bar every 20 ft on every floor. It's like working at a college fraternity. It's disgusting..

Wake up and realize that promoting 50-60+ hour weeks constantly, replacing contractors like toilet paper, and promoting drinking to cope with the stress company wide isn't a healthy strategy for long term employees and their health..

8. Best internship ever!

Former Intern - Intern in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Really fast moving hack culture is exciting.
    Smart people all around.
    A good name in the industry.
    Food is absolutely delicious.
    Intern program is very well planned out.

Cons

Recruiters are very slow at times.
    Little to no opportunity to move around in different departments.
    Hiring is a bit too fast right now, need to slow down.

Have a more personal connection with employees.
    Don't disregard your remote locations. Vancouver is a good example of a great office turned into nothing.

9. Amazing collaborative experience

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The culture is really amazing and in my opinion even better than the media portrays it. The perks are wonderful, but the professional experience is even better! You are free and expected to guide your own career in a way that makes an impact on your goals. This place is incredibly mission focused and product driven. The speed at which facebook moves is astounding at this size. I feel the energy everyday working here.

Cons

Not a huge con, but the mission and energy can take over and have you spending all hours on the job. You have to either possess or quickly gain time management skills. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's the closest thing to a con I can think of at fb.

Keep investing in good user experiences, maintain consistently high level of transparency across entire org. Keep personal growth opportunities plentiful.

10. Best tech company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Facebook at this stage is an amazing mix of forward momentum, autonomy, stability and impact on the world that it would be extremely hard for any other company to compete.

Cons

I really dont have any cons.

Best company in the world!

Current Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Facebook has a really move fast culture and has some of the most talented people in their respective industries. It's truly a production based dynamic where they expect a lot out of their people. Our team's typically run lean but we're growing fast. Obviously the benefits are second to none. Hands down the best company I've ever worked for... and probably the world!

Cons

If I had to complain about anything at Facebook it would be my commute from San Francisco. Note that they offer a terrific shuttle service however being on the road that long everyday eventually wears on you. Once you're on campus, it's all good though!

Continue to focus on maintaining our amazing culture as we further expand around the world.