Facebook Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated September 23, 2014
4.4

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • The best thing about this place is that you have so many smart people around you (in 70 reviews)

• Free food, young and lively coworkers, downtown location (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Long Hours and some times you cant balance work and your personal life (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

337 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Engineer, Infra team Menlo Park, CA

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked in half a dozen companies in my career and this is definitely one of the top two. I suspect I will rate FB #1 by next year. The work is intellectually challenging, the environment is fast-paced, and the people I work with are excellent. FB has its eye on the ball at all times for its core platform yet is always looking at other opportunities for growth, though they may take several years to bear fruit. Management is open and accessible, particularly the weekly Q&A's with MZ and the leadership team - I've never experienced senior executives sharing that much information with an entire company before. Colleagues are easy to work with - not a lot of ego or politics that I've seen. In fact, we are reminded to check our ego as we enter the building - there is a lot of cooperation here.
    The benefits & perks are really amazing - I don't think college hires or interns truly appreciate what is offered here unless they have worked for other employers. (You can never take these things for granted, so I really appreciate these perks.) And the total compensation structure seems very competitive - they have many dials and buttons to play with, and I feel I am well-compensated for my contributions.
    The commute benefits are excellent, and make it really easy to use transit, shuttles or vanpools. Driving to work is just so stressful, both ways. I'd really rather not.

Cons

Long hours away from home, due to my own commute situation and long working hours. But since I've only been here less than a year, it's important to show results early. The learning curve is steep and the bar is set very high, so it will be easy to separate the productive from the not-very-productive in a short timeline.

Wander around more often to individual offices to get a good reading on people and their issues.

Lots to learn from great people. Especially if this is your first job.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities. Especially if this is your first job. The best part is I'd say the move fast culture. It feels very much like a start up, along with the perks and benefits of working in a big company. Also, you'll get better guidance here, from more experienced colleagues as compared to a startup. The company values like "Nothing at Facebook is someone else's problem" and the fact that they're actually put into practice make it an awesome place to work. :D Even breaking things is a good experience to have! Last but not the least, the free food, the swag, the awesome campus, the hackathons and all other perks!

Cons

Sometimes you may not get work you like. But that wouldn't be the case for jobs I guess, because of Bootcamp. I was just an intern. So no bootcamp for me.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very positive atmosphere that challenges you, good camaraderie between workers. Very competitive compensation and benefits.

Cons

Demanding job if you want to advance; requires long hours.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best place to work!!!

Current Employee - Release Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Release Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Move fast!!! Not afraid to take risks. Smart people.

Cons

Company is growing and hopefully the culture will remain the same.

Keep hiring smart people.

Amazing company at the bleeding edge of media

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing company culture, ultra aligned vision, fantastic talented and motivated colleagues, entrepreneurial and "hacker" culture is very strong. Of course the perks are nice, but they are just there to remove distractions to allow you to focus on what matters. If you are attracted solely by perks, look elsewhere, you don't belong here.

Cons

Hours can be long, but hey, you don't change the world by resting.

Software Engineering Intern

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Terrific Company, great internships that have high risk and reward.

Cons

Full time employees have on-call shifts, which means being available 24/7. But interns don't have to do on-call

Keep the openness of choosing your own team for full time hires

Best workplace ever !!!

Current Employee - Summer SWE  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Summer SWE in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Training is great, teached me everything i need in my work, and also to grow and evolve.
    We have great leadership, and roll models.
    Perks - Other than the common Hi-Tech company perks, we get to have great contirbution.

I truly believe in the company goal to connect the world and i really love doing this work.

Cons

no cons that i found.

Keep doing awesome work.

A non-stop learning, engaging environment!

Current Employee - Data Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Data Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being around so many talented and knowledgeable people. Flexibility is also great allowing us to work from home when needed.

Cons

As a company grows, it faces many challenges in scaling its workforce include re-structures. Facebook is not immune to this.

Open, transparent, and flexible

Facebook is the best company I've ever worked for, hands-down.

Current Employee - Director  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Ambitious, world-changing mission as a company
    - Great leadership
    - Lots of autonomy and ability to get things done quickly

Cons

- Lots of work to do
    - Can be intense + challenging

I can't think of a better place to work at

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

Here at Facebook, the destination is space, and beyond. It is only up to you on what you want to achieve. No one will stop you. All the perks, smart people, amazing environment and great tools will help you get there. I am honored to be able to work here.

Cons

The company is growing in a fast peace and it may become harder and harder to keep the culture and values and each and every employee satisfied. But hey, if we did not grow, I would not be here either.

We must keep the bar high going forward and also make sure that candidates are resonating with our mission and culture so we only have super motivated employees. (Which I have experienced so far)

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!