Facey Medical Foundation

Fredrick Russo

Very happy here

Psychotherapist (Current Employee)
Valencia, CA

I have been working at Facey Medical Foundation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood support of providers, good coworkers and good environment.

ConsWould like to have more opportunity for profit sharing. PCPs are worked very hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for a little more time available for PCPs face time with patients. This tends to be the primary complaint of both providers and patients.

OKay pay but too hungry for growth

I worked at Facey Medical Foundation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe pay and ability to move up with in the company as long as your have a BA of some sort.

ConsToo focused on company growth and has become religiously oriented some management doesn't deserve the title.

Healthcare information processing, retention, storage and retrieval. Responsible for processing medical records.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Facey Medical Foundation as a contractor for less than a year

ProsEnsure timely submission of clinic and hospital backlogged delinquent charges that remain on patient care encounters to become billable items and profitability for the entire company by 100%.

ConsThe company needed someone to guide them with processes, software update and updating their way of thinking.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvided time management to managers in staff meeting during my presentation.

Status Quo

I worked at Facey Medical Foundation

ProsCommunity-like environment largely due to long-term status of many employees. As a result, there is a culture of familiarity and support among some staff.

ConsManagement is comprised of some long-termers (promoted from within) who do not possess the education, skills, or qualifications to be effective in their roles. When problems arise (errors, poor communication) due to their incompetency, internal loyalties prevent objective handling of these problems - causing further frustration, divisiveness, and poor employee morale among staff. Moreover, some employees are treated as insiders and others as outsiders.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire qualified external candidates for management positions. Internal hopefuls (regardless of their age or tenure) should return to school or be groomed in some other effective manner for management positions. They also should be evaluated and held to a broad range of performance standards - rather than perpetuating the good ol' boys (girls) status quo.

This organization is strong in the service that they provide.

Directors of Operations (Former Employee)

I worked at Facey Medical Foundation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe employer sees their employees' assets and will promote accordingly.

ConsThey tend to be overly reactionary to employees allegations or expressed concerns.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the full situation and don't panic over potential lawsuits.

Under-Educated Middle Management-They Get What They Pay For

Medical Assistant (Current Employee)
Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at Facey Medical Foundation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsConvenient suburban locations and good benefits.

ConsMiddle management consists of Facey "lifers" who managed to get promoted because they were never willing or able to find better employment - this is most evident when reading email communications with grammatical errors that might embarrass a 12 year-old. There is an air of frustration resulting from a lack of two-way communication. Upper management doesn't listen to middle management, and middle management passes that frustration along to their employees. This ultimately creates a largely indifferent staff interacting with patients, which is evident in the overall quality of care.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire and pay for more qualified supervisors. Promoting from within creates a positive attitude, but that should be interspersed with outside personnell with a broader range of experience. Longevity on its own does not qualify an employee to manage others.

Facey Medical Foundation

I worked at Facey Medical Foundation full-time

ProsEasy access off freeway and relatively good parking.

ConsLow pay, benefits are not all that great.

It's Better than working for the DMV, but not as cool as working for Big Pharma

I have been working at Facey Medical Foundation

ProsThere's always food around. The atmosphere is business-like but not terribly strict. Sure, there are policies and procedures and the like, but the employees tend to treat each other like buddies.

ConsNot everyone is your buddy, and many of those folks are in positions of power. There's a real dependency on committee-based decision-making here that really feels like a waste of everyone's time. On the bright side, many people get involved in shaping the direction of the company. The drawback is that many people get involved in shaping the direction of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime are changing. While it's great that the company has been around for 85 years, there's much that feels medieval about how the company is run. Don't be afraid of taking risks.

Worked for Facey Medical Foundation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facey Medical Foundation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Facey Medical Foundation CEO Fredrick Russo. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Facey Medical Foundation employees.