Facility Source

Updated January 21, 2015
Updated January 21, 2015
2.5

Bill Hayden

Great growing company to work at.

Former Employee - EMS Coordinator in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - EMS Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I worked at Facility Source full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good instruction from management.

Cons

10 hour shifts can make for long days, but them

Be Warned!

I have been working at Facility Source

Pros

Easy job, once you learn what your doing. SOME decent employees and some SOME decent supervisors!

Cons

For your own good….STAY FAR AWAY!!! There are a number of reasons for this. #1. Their time system is like no other company I’ve ever worked for. You can sign in to ADP on time or within 3 minutes before your considered late, but you must also be signed in taking calls with their phone system called Composit. They don’t care if your clocked in on the ADP site. Which they never discuss in training, so the first time you think your safe and log in on time, it doesn’t matter, you get pointed. Normally you’re not considered in a regular job, as long as your clocked in somewhere on time. It seems as though this place is more concerned with getting rid of people instead of keeping employees. The turnover rate is unbelievable. Within my first couple weeks, I had a couple different people telling me how to do the job completely different than the other. I even went to my supervisor on an issue on how to resolve something and they told me to go ask my co-workers cause she said she’d be doing the exact thing as me, cause she didn’t know what to do either.

There is also the Retention bonus or so they call it. I started after the checks had been given out and I think they said 8 ppl just walked out. Well I was told by HR that I would not be eligible for a retention bonus til I’ve actually worked for the company for 10 months. They tell you in training that after you've been there for 3 months, you'll get the retention bonus, then I was told, every four months and even though you could get hired in time for a retention check, u won’t get it. Out of training then your told, your not eligible for the next bonus, cause they don't count the 60 day probationary period (to them, your not an employee. Your actually first day of work they acknowledge is your first day out of training is when they start counting.) Don’t believe anything you’re told, unless you actually see it for yourself! ALSO, the retention check…. They say it’s $750, but they tax it so you only end up with $420.

Last reason to stay away is that there is one employee that thinks they know everything and constantly is saying the ‘F’ word and taking God’s name in vein (GD this and GD that). But nobody cares how you talk, just as long as you don’t talk around the call center manager and the higher ups.

Also, some people get paid more, just because they take one select company calls. While they WILL constantly train you on every type of company they offer service to, but your wage stays the same. The turnover is so bad that you might be one of very few to take certain calls and that makes your day extremely busy, while others just sit and watch you take those calls. You could be taking 15 different companies and get paid the base pay, while others take only 1 type of call and make alot more than you. Apply and work here if you dare… If I would have known then, what I know now… I would have went with other options that were on the table at that time… BE WARNED!!!!

Pay better wage than having a retention bonus if you want to keep people there!

It's Okay

I worked at Facility Source

Pros

I would definitely recommend the CSR position to someone who just got laid off, in between jobs, or your first job.
    The job is very easy.

I am very thankful for Facility Source for picking me up after getting laid off from a reputable company.

Cons

Management is a challenge in this company. They need to be more sympathetic. Managerial hypocrisy occurs frequently here. They give you a .25 occurrence for being 4 minutes late coming back from break when they too are late for theirs. They should look at the overall performance of the worker rather than a stupid judgement from one bad day.

Be more sympathetic, less hypocrisy.

Good Employees Leave Bad Managers

Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Facility Source full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The job itself is pretty okay. The calls are from usually professional people and it tends to be pretty easy once you actually know what you're doing. People on the help desk are pretty great.

Cons

They throw too much on people who know nothing about what they are doing or how it should be done. Training is a joke. Compensation is the bare minimum. Supervisors are either oblivious to what is going on, or they know how it should be going but are unable to do much about it. Big Wigs only care about what client is upset this month, but don't try to dig to the bottom of WHY the service level agreements are not being met (the revolving door, the general apathetic performance from help desk employees etc).

People are kept on the help desk when they should be training or supervising, and supervisors are hired externally with what seems like no experience for these sorts of situations. The totally inexplicable competition and culture of hate between inbound csrs and client services is completely mind-boggling, but the blatant disrespect from upper management is too much to bear.

Also, bed bugs. Come on.

Stop putting bandaids on wounds that need reconstructive surgery. Amputate the diseased limbs, and get some high quality prosthetics. This job should not be such a miserable existence.

Okay if you can get through training

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Facility Source as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Lunch is paid for sometimes Co-workers generally seem like a nice bunch of people
    Lots of customer accounts that you can learn
    Recognition on your birthday
    Bonuses for overachievers
    Fairly decent training

Cons

I had to deal with a lot of politics because of favoritism going on between management and new trainees
    I had a feeling that their was tension between human resources and higher up's
    Their not very invested in their employees when it comes to retention ( no clear expectations as to what you need to do to keep your job)
    Probably a couple of people their that shouldn't be in their positions because of their unprofessional behavior
    You have to either bring your lunch or drive somewhere to eat during lunchtime
    The building is not really a secure place to work considering the area (No security around to prevent criminal activity)
    I saw at least one of their top performers leave within six months of being there

Seek out more experienced and educated candidate
    Make it clear what is expected from new trainees when they first start working for the company

Great to start, but not something to pursue long term.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Facility Source full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You really enjoy some of the people you work with. The work is relatively easy. You can really gain experience to take with you.

Cons

New management is needed, desperately. This could be the best job ever, but management make it the most horrible and stressful job ever. They train you on something for 30mins. and expect you to know and execute everything correctly. If you come in the door as an employee that works hard and it gets noticed by management, you will not move up in the company. They will confine you to the entry level position and state "we need you here more". The pay they give you for everything they put you through, definitely not worth the stress or headache.

Management either needs to be changed or trained on how to properly manage a call center. They force much more out of the CSR's than they want to give them. This is why the turnover rate right now is so high. If you get better management in place, then things should become much better. This company can really go far, if only some changes are made. But if things stay the way they currently are, the company will go nowhere fast.

Senior Management mismanaged.

Former Employee - Senior Developer/Lead in Worthington, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Developer/Lead in Worthington, OH

I worked at Facility Source full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great team members. A few folks that really knew the business and how things *should* work to make it better for users and clients. Competitive pay.

Cons

Senior management too busy tilting at windmills and hunting elusive clients without being able to properly support them.
    Bad insurance.
    Some very unskilled folks put into positions where they couldn't deliver.
    Many folks happy to collect a paycheck without putting thought or effort into their work.

Get rid of status quo. If you really want to attract and retain top technology talent, you have to enable them and make good on promises to make the company and applications better. Stop layering more bandages into a broken system and let your team fix the problems. You can never succeed as a SAAS/PAAS offering if you chain your delivery to as single client's schedule.

A growing company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Facility Source full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, lots of growth and no place for the weak or lazy. Very little red tape and a place where you can take the experience you have a really, really make a difference.

Cons

A bit unstructured but nothing out of the ordinary for a company at this stage of their life

Keep up the growth, don't forget to tell people how much you appreciate their efforts.

Working at Facility Source, what a joke.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Facility Source full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There were some good people there. I did gain experience, while learning a lot of what not to do on a job.

Cons

Alot of immaturity and back stabbing from management. Very poor training, high turn over ratio and totally unorganized, all this with some of the lowest wages in the field.

Learn to listen to suggestions, and work with your staff. Childish, vindictive, personal vendettas only lead to failure, good riddance.

Very low pay, high volume of work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Facility Source part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice building and area to work in. Some of the people are nice.

Cons

If you're not in the clique, forget it. Some people do all the work while others play video games on their devices. Very disorganized. No formal training, just sitting with various people some of whom have no desire to help you.

Have some structure, Organize yourselves, Provide decent training and above all decent pay