FactSet

FactSet Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Feb 14, 2014

FactSet Chairman and CEO Philip A. Hadley

Philip A. Hadley

Pros
  • Perfect work-life balance for example you will get mentor when you are on boarding(in 65 reviews)

• very good work life balance; nice coworkers; no pushing; soft deadline; free lunch(in 97 reviews)

Cons
  • The company seems to balance out the work/life balance very well(in 11 reviews)

• No career path defined and joining diffeent teams is riven with red tape(in 9 reviews)

15 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A open and friendly place to work that makes the contributions you place feel valued and compensated.

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsBenefits, Work Life Balance, and ability to work remotely when taking care of personal issues. The free lunches (mon - thurs), open stocked kitchen is quite an incentive and the ability to charge meals is a good way to keep up morale and improve productivity at a relatively low cost. Above average health care compensation also is strong reason to stay with the firm. FactSet has consistently taken a conservative approach to finance management placing them in a strong position in a tight economy. The sector also helps ensure job security since data and analytics become ever more important during times of extreme market volatility.

ConsJobs that are client facing can be tough since some of the people that you might work with are under high pressure and pass that pressure on to you. This might result in working long hours but FactSet provides all the tools to help the clients out while minimizing the burden on you. Management roadmaps aren't always clear and concise or when they are they don't always have status updates communicated downward. Working with older technology or hardware can also be quite frustrating however management seems to understand and are working to eliminate unreliable or outdated technology as budgets and end of life agreements allow.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemain open, communicate clear and concise plans, regularly update employees of plans, and communicate clearly to all managers expected response and involvement in achieving the high level plans while defining quantitative measures of success.

FactSet is a tremendously well-run business who takes care of hard-working, top performers.

Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFactSet is a hard-working, humble and performance-driven culture. My colleagues are great. I get to travel all over the country and work with leaders in the investment management industry. Benefits are tremendous. Office facilities are top-notch. Work is constantly challenging and rewarding. Our culture is our strongest asset that competitors simply cannot replicate. It starts at the top.

ConsConsistently long hours. I would like to be paid more. I don't have many negatives to say. Negative reviews would only come from poor performers who don't work hard or disgruntled employees of a company FactSet acquired.

Advice to Senior ManagementFactSet's senior management has all my confidence. They all carry themselves with humility, confidence and integrity. My advice would be to continue what they've been doing the past 5 years.

Good place to work overall

Sales (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat work environment and great benefits

ConsOnce you're in sales you're stuck there

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you do

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best company to work for!

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsYoung atmosphere and a lot of fun to work for.

ConsI don't really know of any.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Best Places to Work, It's true

QA Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsBenefits, Free Lunch, Great Stock Purchase Plan

ConsFrom a technical perspective they do not follow some of the normal SDLC methodologies

Advice to Senior ManagementSupplement the growth of the company with improved processes.

Worked for FactSet? Contribute to the Community!