FactSet

Updated October 17, 2014
3.7

FactSet Chairman and CEO Philip A. Hadley
Philip A. Hadley

Pros
  • There is a great work/life balance and there is a general nice feel around the place (in 81 reviews)

• very good work life balance; nice coworkers; no pushing; soft deadline; free lunch (in 106 reviews)

Cons
  • The company seems to balance out the work/life balance very well (in 11 reviews)

• No career path defined and joining diffeent teams is riven with red tape (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fun at first, but problems with management

I have been working at FactSet

Pros

-Young, fun employees
    -Decent pay, especially out of college
    -Oppotunity for promotion

Cons

-Review system designed to discourage confidence
    -Severe lack of communication between consultants and management

-Tell us what we are supposed to do!

A open and friendly place to work that makes the contributions you place feel valued and compensated.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FactSet

Pros

Benefits, Work Life Balance, and ability to work remotely when taking care of personal issues. The free lunches (mon - thurs), open stocked kitchen is quite an incentive and the ability to charge meals is a good way to keep up morale and improve productivity at a relatively low cost. Above average health care compensation also is strong reason to stay with the firm. FactSet has consistently taken a conservative approach to finance management placing them in a strong position in a tight economy. The sector also helps ensure job security since data and analytics become ever more important during times of extreme market volatility.

Cons

Jobs that are client facing can be tough since some of the people that you might work with are under high pressure and pass that pressure on to you. This might result in working long hours but FactSet provides all the tools to help the clients out while minimizing the burden on you. Management roadmaps aren't always clear and concise or when they are they don't always have status updates communicated downward. Working with older technology or hardware can also be quite frustrating however management seems to understand and are working to eliminate unreliable or outdated technology as budgets and end of life agreements allow.

Remain open, communicate clear and concise plans, regularly update employees of plans, and communicate clearly to all managers expected response and involvement in achieving the high level plans while defining quantitative measures of success.

FactSet is a tremendously well-run business who takes care of hard-working, top performers.

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FactSet

Pros

FactSet is a hard-working, humble and performance-driven culture. My colleagues are great. I get to travel all over the country and work with leaders in the investment management industry. Benefits are tremendous. Office facilities are top-notch. Work is constantly challenging and rewarding. Our culture is our strongest asset that competitors simply cannot replicate. It starts at the top.

Cons

Consistently long hours. I would like to be paid more. I don't have many negatives to say. Negative reviews would only come from poor performers who don't work hard or disgruntled employees of a company FactSet acquired.

FactSet's senior management has all my confidence. They all carry themselves with humility, confidence and integrity. My advice would be to continue what they've been doing the past 5 years.

Good place to work overall

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FactSet

Pros

Great work environment and great benefits

Cons

Once you're in sales you're stuck there

Keep on doing what you do

Best company to work for!

I have been working at FactSet

Pros

Young atmosphere and a lot of fun to work for.

Cons

I don't really know of any.

Keep up the good work!

Best Places to Work, It's true

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FactSet

Pros

Benefits, Free Lunch, Great Stock Purchase Plan

Cons

From a technical perspective they do not follow some of the normal SDLC methodologies

Supplement the growth of the company with improved processes.