Factory Motor Parts Reviews

1. Decent

Former Employee - Warehouse Employee
    Former Employee - Warehouse Employee

I worked at Factory Motor Parts

Pros

Worked with some interesting people

Cons

Short Short Lunch No breaks

None

2. outside sales

Former Employee - Sales Parts Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Parts Representative in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Factory Motor Parts

Pros

love sales of auto parts an customer base

Cons

better leadership need to help new hires

need better compensation

3. employees are expendable goods...this company is C H E E P

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fullerton, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fullerton, CA

I worked at Factory Motor Parts

Pros

401(k) and I have to enter 5 more words so I will say 401(k).

Cons

Bad pay. No recognition no incentive no mentoring no direction no clear answers no raises no respect no chance for advancement unless you are in the clique no communication no raises no answers no meetings as required by corporate no pride in the workplace no raises no Christmas Party unless it's in your dumpy warehouse no chance of not feeling threatened, expendable, replaceable, and gossiped about.and did I say no raises??????

I am speechless. It's all been said and this guy (Elliot) keeps his charity write offs but might want to honor his father's vision a bit more. Your father put you here, Elliot. The ones you surround yourself with should go be "Undercover Bosses" for a week or so. Go incognito. Your employees do not respect your ways of doing business.

People are ok but upper management makes it hard to enjoy working here.

Current Employee - Dispatcher
    Current Employee - Dispatcher

I have been working at Factory Motor Parts full-time

Pros

The people you work with are for the most part good people.

Cons

If you are in sales or anything having to do with sales the company caters to you. If you work in a warehouse (any position) or are a driver you aren't appreciated at all. To bad this company doesn't realize their drivers are front line with the customer on a daily basis. Forget about raises, there aren't any, ever!!

Possibly The worst company to ever work for

I have been working at Factory Motor Parts

Pros

There are none noway ever

Cons

Where do I start? Everything they do is crap

Miserable Environment

Current Employee - Former Employee - Corporate Office in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Former Employee - Corporate Office in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Factory Motor Parts

Pros

The commute. My drive was less than 20 minutes from the office.

Cons

This is a very toxic company. Everything posted about FM is completely accurate. As a non management (individual contributor), you are less than human. Don't ever think about a 40 hour work week - this IS not tolerated. The heros work 50+ hours and typically don't have a life outside of work. Management is a top down dictatorship, designed to break your soul.

Companies like these create opportunity for competitors to sweep in and clean house. I know a couple of folks who are securing lending now and ready to give FMP some real competition.

8. absolutely teriible management

Current Employee - Parts Handler in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Parts Handler in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Factory Motor Parts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

easy work, lot of moving around so good exercise.

Cons

management is the worst i've ever seen. they single people out of a group and yell at them. The dispatcher loves to pick on people and does so relentlessly. the upper manager refuses to give raises to those who need it. they hire people on getting paid higher than those that have been working there 3+ years.

leadership, taking responsibility.

9. DO NOT even think about working here

Former Employee - Warehouse Employee in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Warehouse Employee in Eagan, MN

I worked at Factory Motor Parts full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you have a good manager, you're extremely lucky. They do give you your check on time.

Cons

They run the good managers out of the company as soon as they see they are decent people. Basically, management is horrible, petty and vindictive. The upper level and sales people are treated like gods, everyone else is walked on. No respect for their employees, give very few raises. They only allocate enough money just a few warehouse people can get raises per year. They cut back on the amount of their safety bonuses because the program worked well and they didn't want to pay out so much money.

Wake up and treat your people like they are worth something. Continually cutting back on rewards/bonuses, and even the holiday lunch, undercuts morale and makes you look completely greedy and selfish. Your employees can see what you drive, how you dress. You're getting a very good salary and annual raises. They know you are getting rewarded on their work. Parading around the annual Sales Conference is also insulting.

10. Do not go to work here.

I worked at Factory Motor Parts

Pros

Very few pros, top heavy not enough Indians to do the work.
    There are some of the top management in the wrong positions.
    Just because the owner likes you, you are safe.
    Unethical

Cons

Very unhealthy to work at FMP.

None, because it is family owned.

Controlling, following through with what's said is non-existent and micro managed environment.

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Eagan, MN

I worked at Factory Motor Parts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Get job experience for six months and leave before you break. One or two people were actually down to earth and worth talking to. If you're Jewish, you're chances of being treated better are hightened.

Cons

Everything. I worked there in mid-2000's and I'm sure the $15 an hour wage for Accounts Payable isn't far off from today's pay, no increases, they may tell you they'll give a 90 day increase but then never meet with you to discussed and the lack of response on that when you ask is appalling, cranky people, can't stand by cubes and talk to people as you'll get called out even if you're taking about work. The environment has not changed and unless they get better managers in there will always be a revolving door, especially in the Eagan Accounting. How pathetic and upsetting. Oh, never use your computer for personal things as they take screen shots. They did this to me and called a meeting. Management played a cat and mouse game, "you're not happy here are you?" Me, "what are you talking about". "You're not happy being here are you? "... They took a screen shot of my computer and told me they warned me to get off the computer. Something flashed on my screen about the system was slow due to increased Internet usage. I ignored it and continued on with my business seeing that I was on break. That was not serving as a verbal warning even though they claim they told me! A verbal is speaking it to someone in my opinion. So, they bypassed a verbal and went for the kill and gave me a written notice. I put my piece in the paperwork not agreeing to this written notice as no verbal was given first and the so called verbal was not even a verbal. The steps for conflict resolution was not followed because they can skip over steps if they deem appreciate. I never caused issued so there was no reason why they'd need to skip any step. This upsets an employee and they won't do well so it's best to leave and shortly after I did. It's the best decision I made. I tried going back recently but the reviews are not changing. For over 8 years the lack of a positive environment exists. It's too bad.

Pull your head out and look at what's going on. Manage the place with kindness, gentleness and reward good work. Follow through with your word. Relax the stiff and controlling environment and an employee with give back what you put in. Keep morale high and reap the benefits. Overhaul the management structure. You have unhappy staff. Managers are doing well because you treat them well but they mistreat everybody else. You have to leave to gain your self worth back. Change this!