Faircount Media

Updated November 17, 2014
Updated November 17, 2014
3.2

Ross Jobson

Came for the job, stayed for the career.

I have been working at Faircount Media full-time

Pros

Excellent training program. The training and tools that are provided are second to none. Best products on the market. Working for such agencies as the US Army, US Coast Guard, Sundance Film Festival, NASA gives instant credibility and name recognition. The best part is you get to work on DIFFERENT projects through the course of the year, keeping it fresh and exciting. Benefits are exceptional with health insurance, 401k, disability, TOP, etc.

Cons

The pipeline coming from business development is a critical component to the job. They have to keep new projects coming in while at the same time freshening up annuals. Get a stinker of a project and it impacts your wallet.

Each manager brings his own intangibles to the job, but what is lacking is consistency. Focus on communication and maybe some skill set training for the managers that are managing teams.

Find your groove, and let the money start to flow

Former Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL

I worked at Faircount Media full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are a lot of things I loved about working at Faircount. Our projects were great, and had were immediately recognizable to the advertisers we were calling. We got to do our own research rather than being handed crappy leads, this really helped set focused salespeople apart from the ones who weren't game to put in the work. The commissions were the best part. Nothing motivates a good salesperson like the number on that check. There were constant sales incentives to make it more interesting and the management was awesome.

Cons

It is challenging at times to keep your leads fresh and your angles tight throughout a project's life-cycle. BUT, if you can manage that, it makes day to day operations such as calls, pitches, deals, etc. that much easier to come by. And more calls and pitches, equals more money.

You have done a great job in finding dedicated managers that have a genuine interest and almost a stake of pride in the projects that they work on. That little edge of competitiveness pushes not only sales managers but their teams as well to bust their butts on all the projects to see who is at the top at the end of the year when the dust settles.

Can't learn this in college!

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at Faircount Media full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with Lawrence Wayne Robert, Ross, and Robin was an amazing experience that took me to California, SOFIC, the largest SOCOM Conference in the world. Put me in touch with CEO's of billion dollar companies around the world, high up military and government personnel, and startup companies with amazing new products and services. I was able to keep a pulse on the world and research massive amounts of information to succeed. Excellent company and position.

Cons

Nothing I can even think of to put here.

It was a genuine pleasure!

Dont Bother

Former Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I worked at Faircount Media full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management and employees are somewhat pleasant. Free Wi-fi and coffee. A pretty good training program. Ample parking. Casual Fridays you can wear jeans.

Cons

Employees are coming and going every week even though there are only 30 seats in there. Multiple people there are convicted felons. Numerous people were back for a second or third time, seems unusual. A good fit if you're a felon with no conscience. I was approached my first week and asked if I wanted to buy drugs. Script you read from is loaded with 20-30 year old sales tactics. If client doesn't want to pay that rate, guess what, If I can get my manager to sign off on this and I'm not sure he will...or a spot just opened up. I was there for a month, 2 weeks were training, before being let go.

They are stuck in their ways. No advice would be taken.

Boiler room

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Faircount Media full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice C.O.O., nice training staff, good training program, very motivated company

Cons

True boiler room, 100+ calls a day. They don't need talented sales people with proven track records of awesomeness, they need monkeys to push buttons. This is where talented sales people go to die.

Your small team of sales managers are stabbing you in the back by disrespecting you verbally, and by allowing you to trust them and burning through talented people that are actually working through the smoke breaks that everyone else is taking. Half the people that work for you do drugs, come to work on drugs, and you need to pay more attention to the work environment.

Should I stay or should I go ....

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Faircount Media full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nicely executed custom print magazines. Well written editorial content. Some good people. Decent benefits, interesting topics and process.

Cons

WORST of the WORST you have a 50/50 chance of being stuck with a "manager" that FAILED Anger Management training. Their bad day becomes your nightmare, it's a churn & burn shop in a stress filled outbound call center. It's unnerving to hear your colleagues (or you) being called out and humiliated in an area smaller than most waiting areas at the airport, and there is no where to hide even when it has nothing to do with anyone working there......

The seating is wide open and like a sardine can. There are lots of parasites under a lot of pressure to produce and they will scam you. Quickly you'll see how often the same companies have been called.

Best to pass this gig up.

The glaciers will be melted by the time they change course for $$$ print ads for their custom "cocktail table" magazines. The best clients historically have been part of the Fed Govt /Armed Services/ DOD with vendors sucking up buying $$$ print ads with insignificant online reach. If you're aware of the current political environment then you know that money is drying up like Lake Mead and the bad managers get even worse.

Pointing a finger at your sales team leaves 3 fingers pointing back at YOU. Fire your lazy, ill-tempered "managers" they are not worth a flip, longevity does not = excellence.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Faircount Media full-time

Pros

What Faircount sells is not what is being delivered. The concept of an exclusive audience being reached by a critical governing body sounds great. The reality is after a period if years major advertisers are not renewing and that is based on results and likely lack of enough exposure. You will never get written audience volumes nor proof of delivery, though they claim the publication is mailed.

Cons

Getting paid, leads being stolen, managers that have no advertising experience outside of the company, an extremely high turnover rate, lack of repeat business killing publications and no creative pipeline of new markets

Not my job, I posted this for future employees. The truth will catch up to you.

Great people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Faircount Media full-time

Pros

Approachable Managers
    Beautiful and well thought product/publications
    Flexible regarding emergencies and family

Cons

Hard to find new leads
    Business Strategies a bit outdated

International Company with incredible portfolio of clients.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Faircount Media full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Tremendous training program, a real opportunity to challenge any sales professional who relishes the chance to make sales presentations to the fortune 1000 arena. at senior executive level. In the Tampa Bay market it is a for real opportunity to hit that elusive six figures. I would have never left if my husband hadn't been transferred.

Cons

I think they miss business on the West Coast because management doesn't stay past 5.30pm

Expand the recruiting reach to attract more sales reps who need to make $75k+, this will cut down on those who are just not willing to do the work it takes to achieve this type of income.

"High level selling of quality products"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Faircount Media full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent support and training, great products, best commissions in the business and the tools to make the money you want to make. Super spiffs makes the job fun and rewarding. New projects keep the environment always exciting and new. The company provides all the tools to be successful.

Cons

Need to refine hiring practices to aid in retention.

Invest within. Stay focused and bring in new projects.

Faircount Media Photos