Fairfax County Virginia

www.fairfaxcounty.gov

Fairfax County Virginia Reviews

Updated Jun 14, 2014

Pros
  • They offer an excellent benefits package and work/life balance(in 4 reviews)

• Decent benefits, job security, some flexibility in schedule(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • In recent years, strains on the Fairfax County budget have all but eliminated annual pay increases(in 4 reviews)

• Low pay and the hours were long(in 3 reviews)

cook

Cook (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsGreat benefit offer,but no pay raises

ConsIn my field ,they are no standard. No comment.

Advice to Senior ManagementFair and equality

Great Place to grow a career

Director (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsGreat Benefits, competitive pay, learning and growing opportunities

ConsSalary growth impacted by economy longer than the private sector. Board sacrifices employee pay for board members and influential residents' favorite programs

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for and cultivate the talent you have. There are many hidden gems who are not given the chance to shine and are passed over in favor of outside options.

Environmental Health Specialist II

EHS II (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsWonderful co-workers
    Good variety of assignments

ConsNo promotional opportunities
    Budget has all but erased any hope of raise, cost of employee part of insurance is raised every year.
    Management complete unaware of restless young employees, assume everyone is there for life.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that all younger (not retirement age) employees who have no interest) need opportunities for promotion, growth, increase responsibility.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Place to work

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits. Opportunity to take classes and advance your knowledge of software and more.

ConsLow pay, non-existent pay increases.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has been very supportive.

Good, caring coworkers but disconnected and seemingly uninterested upper management.

Fairfax Falls Church CSB (Current Employee)

ProsDecent benefits, job security, some flexibility in schedule.

ConsHigh percentage of burnt out employees; poor employee morale; "old boy" network (20% of mental health staff are male but 80+% of the management are male); POOR compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsult line staff - too many policies/requirements are redundant or unrealistic. Improve employee recognition - we don't need time, money and energy spend on a new employee morale logo contest. Spend it on raises for the first time in 7 years or something that will make a real difference in our lives. Provide teleworking opportunities - if the CIA can make it secure, you can too!

Different

Human Service Worker II (Former Employee) Annandale, VA

ProsProvided extensive training from beginner Exel to "resolving conflicts in the workplace"

ConsThe constant changing of Business Plan

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more visible. Have more of an open door policy.

A good place to start your career.

ProsStrong healthcare benefits and opportunity to move within the organization. Unique community to serve.

ConsBureaucracy of a large budget government organization

IT Analyst

IT Analyst (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsGreat Benefit, particularly for retirement, and work-life balance

ConsSometimes, the pace is slow

Great work life balance

Human Service Worker III (Current Employee)

ProsFun place to work and there is room for advancement and growth.

ConsThe salary is low but benefits are good.You have to be flexible to being moved to where they need you.

A wonderful and rewarding experience, both personally and professionally

Graphic Artist (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsHigh level of creativity and artistic freedom, as well as working within a high-level creative team.

ConsAs a government agency, the pay for my position was lower then I had hoped, and due to budgetary restrictions and county cutbacks, the opportunity to become a full time staff member did not materialize.

Worked for Fairfax County Virginia? Contribute to the Community!