Fairfield Residential

Christopher E. Hashioka

I love working for Fairfield

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Fairfield Residential full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The commissions are fair, you get tons of bonuses, 4.5 hours of pto a paycheck, benefits and a lot of advancement.

Cons

You can't take vacation June through August depending on the property you work at

Make sure to find jobs for your employees if you sell a property

Great premise, poor execution and support.

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at Fairfield Residential full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great salary and benefits offered.

Cons

No work life balance or support from Regional Manager, spoke of employee retention but did not "walk the walk"… only "talked the talk"….

Leadership conference should be used to actually train instead of just doing stage performance and listening to speakers, maybe do a budget retreat instead, would be more value for the huge expense.

Good Property Management Company

I have been working at Fairfield Residential full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company offers growth opportunities for those committed to job and gives solid performance

Cons

Would like to see more innovative technologies that would help properties be more efficient

Increase corporate support staffing

Fairfield Residential does not allow much room for growth and advancement.

I worked at Fairfield Residential full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They do have the most current software programs and a very knowledgeable and responsive IT Department.

Cons

I found the pay to be less competitive than most companies this size. Employee reviews were not constructive and were not given on a timely basis. Pay increases were minimal. There is also a considerable amount of nepotism.

Although compensation was minimal, other benefits, such as the 401K,, medical benefits and PTO were good. However management does not take an active role in grooming employees to promote success and growth within the company.

Why work here?

I have been working at Fairfield Residential full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Company - gives an opportunity for non college graduates to earn a decent wage.

Cons

Company is large, very demanding and has a high turn over.

Consider employee retention programs.

Its been good

I have been working at Fairfield Residential

Pros

The comany is very Organized

Cons

The management can be micro-managing

Decent pay but you pay for it!

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant

I have been working at Fairfield Residential (less than an year)

Pros

They pay well for the area, friendly team environment, health insurance is good.

Cons

Programs the company uses to manage their property are dated and add a lot of unnecessary steps that could be avoided if Fairfield decided to upgrade/pay more for a more efficient system. It takes literally 5-6 different programs to do one thing where other companies use like 1 or 2. If Fairfiled did this, they would actually save money in the end by staff having more time to market and get people in the door and spend more time taking care of residents. It would actually make room for less human error if they upgraded and audits would be easier and less hectic. Assistant managers are stuck manually adding all charges to the ledgers while my previous company everything was seamlessly done and you ran one report or two to make sure everything was correct. Leasing and assistants have less ability to make changes/see any thing w/o manager. Overall a lot of headaches to get paper work done correctly and a lot of wasted time.

There is also an expectancy to over work yourself and still get treated the same. If you want to keep your job best believe you have to be on your toes and work your butt off. Not that there's anything wrong with that but it leaves a distaste in your mouth when you see that management is so busy due to lack of necessary system upgrades that they trickle down their work to everyone else which overwhelms people and creates more inaccuracies.

If I can advise them anything it's to look into different options that will help their staff become more productive in less time. Please upgrade your system and see you're other options. I'll give you a hint, it's also one of the programs you use daily in leasing as well. Look into it! And stop slaving your staff. Spend a few days in the office and see how much needs to get done in a day. Yes there can be slow days but when it's busy it's made unnecessarily longer.

Fairfield always encouraged me to do my very best.

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Derry, NH
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Derry, NH

I worked at Fairfield Residential full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The property managers are awesome. Very understanding and relatable people, at least in NH where I worked. Very competitive commissions and bonuses as a leasing consultant.

Cons

Open 7 days a week for the most part…. and not a lot of "holidays off".

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Property Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Fairfield Residential full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great company culture. Amazing co-workers that made work fun. Management encouraged growth and developement. Work hard and you'll be rewarded and recognized for your efforts.

Cons

Company went through a chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2010. Restructuring lead to some frustrating times that ultimately lead me to find a different career.

I was GLAD when they told me I was being laid off.

Former Employee - Clerk in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Clerk in San Diego, CA

I worked at Fairfield Residential full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Maybe other people like working there, I was miserable. The only pros I can think of are the proximity to the 805 freeway and UTC shopping center.

Cons

I've never worked with so many middle aged nasty, jealous women in my entire career. I admit I was overqualified for my position but the woman training me was extremely dismissive and curt with me. Probably because I was a threat to her position. SO glad when they laid me off. After 2 days I was ready to quit, however decided to give them the benefit of the doubt, and then they answered my prayers and let me go!!!

You need to get into the new century. You also need to fire the long term employees who think they have job security, so they can treat their "underlings" with disrespect, and whose lack of knowledge and people skills are holding back your company.
    Even the mailroom was a cluster. Ugh. I was in accounting Hell.

Fairfield Residential Photos